Announcing: Geonosis: Engagement Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

Alright friends,

ive cut the file size in half (instead of 215.29 MB, its now 139 MB). Still a bit on the larger size, but hell its the best I can do for now.

Should I upload?

Also, with this next upload I hope to also get some sound, but regardless I will be releasing a version with not so much/no dust. Will be big performance improvement for those of you with not-so-high end computers.

I have also sorted flyer splines out (really they are oh so easy to do. Time consuming, but easy.. I had no problems with the splines, but my flyers speed needed tweaking)
vaders_Legion

Post by vaders_Legion »

can you add a new link filefront is getting a link problem fixed right now
shadowtrooper73

RE: Re: RE: Announcing: Geonosis: Engagement Beta

Post by shadowtrooper73 »

its a good map im over downloading myself
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by yankeefan05 »

Filefront is always having problems every other day or so at some time. Savifile can only hold 60MB. Filefront can hold a lot. I dont know if there r other good and reliable host sites. U could try usendit or rapidshare.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Yeah i havent been able to get it uploaded. But also ive sort of figured out sounds. The jedi starfighter might not have sounds because it seems to be unstable. But the gunship, aat, spiderwalker, speeder bike, atte, fightertank, stap, and hailfire all have sounds. if i can get the droid fighter working ill release a final version.

the size has been cut down thanks to Destroyers advice on the reqs. Its still large (about 120 mb) but it wont be nearly as big. Plus ill release a fogless version that'll be great for those without the billion dollar computers.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

It keeps giving me that invalid key crap on filefront.... :(
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Yeah dont worry - im going to upload a smaller one soon. Just hold off and later today you'll have it along with the fogless version.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

:D Cool man. :) But too bad ill be at my grandparents. =x

And hey I love the fog. :D
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Sorry you'll be at your grandparents. How long are you staying?

Look at it this way, when you come back, you might return to a version with full sound, a final release.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

:D Nice man. :D And possibly I'll be staying all night. :(
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Okay, well gunship sounds are working.

That leaves speederbike, aat, droidfighter, and if I feel like toying with it, jedifighter

Im also, and continuisly seem to be, tweaking sides and just gameplay.

If made the fightertank have some cool laser effects, it has turned into an anti infantry monster, with concussion missles as well.

All flyers have sheilds (ground vehicles do not, there is no mention of any ground vehicle having shields excluding the AT-XT. they have armourm not shields).

Tweaked acceleration and speeds on vehicles. Ill explain gameplay after im done giving an overview.

Also added spider walker effects. Since the core is delicate and extremely unstable (i have source for this - wookiepedia), and as stated in wookiepedia it releases an unstable explosion incinerating anything around it...you guessed it, new effects and mass damage/shake/push for the spiderwalker explosion. Heres a video:

http://media.putfile.com/New-Spider-Effects

Basically each vehicle has a good point, and most a weakness, like normal;

Republic:

- Gunship = Strong, fast, good for deploying units accross the feild, anti-infantry (lasers) and anti-vehicle/air (mass-driver missles). Can hover, shielded, no real weakness, though a couple of infantry rockets will destroy it (like 3 or 4)

- JediFighter = Fast as anything, can boost forever, anti air monster, with its 2 lasers. No missles, and rather weak. Shielded. weakness is its, well weakness. a rocket will take it out, but thats if the rocket can catch it

- IFT-X = Fast (its the ground equivilent of a jedi starfighter, although obviously not nearly as fast) anti-infantry destroyer - lasers will shred through any infantry class armour. Rather fast rate of missle fire, but although concussion missles are effective against vehicles, they arent really effective against infantry, though it will toss em around a bit

- ATTE = Nothing can bring this down, with the exception of a hailfire. If you dont encounter any hailfires, you will not die within reasonable time. Its heavily armoured, powerfull, forward and rear lasers, and no vehicle will withstand the mass-driver turret on top. Weakness is hailfire and its speed, which is obviously slow

- Speederbike = uhh

Separatist:

- AAT = anti-infantry monster, anti armour beast. Well what that means is its lasers will eliminate infantry, and its top mounted cannon, along with its missles, will take most armour out relativly easy, excluding the atte. weakness is its speed, which is comparativly slow to the ift-x

- Hailfire = the god of anti-vehicle. 1 missle will do you in. Dont get in the way of its missles, because you will die. You will, trust me. it has anti-infantry capabilities with its bottom mounted laser cannon (thanks Penguin), but it overheats to quickly so its relativly useless. Its fast too. But its weakness, is a rocket will take it out

- Spider Walker = this ones fun. Lasers everywhere. Basically an all around anti armour thing, and can dish it out to the infantry with its nonstop laser fire. Weakness is its a large easy target, and if you touch those critical hit points its gone. Just be sure to not be near it, cause when that core explodes anything in the vacinity will be incinerated

- STAP = once again, its a stap, nothing really tactical about it

- Droid Fighter = Sheilded, fast, manueverable. All around fighter, its weakness being its armour and sheilding is relativly low

Thats it for now, once i get sounds this map'll be released as a final version.

Well that is unless I get a v-19 torrent, which would make me happy.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

cool cant wait :D
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Okay i've gotten sounds for the speederbike. I've also made high-res skins (im a liar they are just sharpened )

Furthermore, explosions now do damage, like they should. Im proud of the spider explosion isnt it nice?

If filefront would stop being retarded i'd release this map!
vaders_Legion

Post by vaders_Legion »

filefronts fine now if you release it on there

and just so you know your video only has sounds
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

I finally downloaded it!!! :shock: Woopie! lol
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Nice. Its not the final. But the one up now is pretty close, there arent any major bugs in it.

Have fun, and be sure to tell my any problems you have with it.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

ok. yea I knew it wasnt final, cause I looked at the date. But ok, gonna try it now! :D
t3tine

Post by t3tine »

i can't dl it...
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Release is delayed.

Keeps crashing. I have exams this week. I will end up having to do what Penguin did, and that is copy the map into a new directory 1 section at a time.

This crash is peculiar, it freezes and says BF2 has encountered a fatal error. Not sure what it its. And theres no apparent issues, nor does this occur on any other maps, including customs.

if i could curse I would release about 50 words onto this thread. AHH!!!
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Wow. lol really laggy. Other than that it's awesome. Keep the troop numbers the same, but maybe the fog is a tiny bit too thick or something, I'm not sure. it is a great map though! Actually I think the lag is on my end. So, no worries bout it! Love the stuff! :D