Announcing: Geonosis: Engagement Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

Protector_Pulch - Good call. Almost forgot about that.

Well, seeing as how im only fluent in English, i have no capability to do that. Dont get your hopes down though. Im willing to send anyone who wishes to localize my files so they can do it for me.

If you would like to help, contact me via pm or msn (tontomuchacho@cox.net) and we can work something out.
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Mhh, I don't think you have to write french or german texts - I had the Idea that you simply copy'n'paste the english texts into the different localization files. I'm rather sure that everybody who can afford A-DSL for downloading big map files and a high-end computer for running BF2 can also speak english.

But if you want localizations in all langues, I'd be happy to make a german one for you . Just send me a PM.
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Protector_Pulch wrote:Mhh, I don't think you have to write french or german texts - I had the Idea that you simply copy'n'paste the english texts into the different localization files. I'm rather sure that everybody who can afford A-DSL for downloading big map files and a high-end computer for running BF2 can also speak english.

But if you want localizations in all langues, I'd be happy to make a german one for you . Just send me a PM.
Umm, I'm sure there are a lot of people in Japan and South Korea who could afford expensive computers (although they would be pressed for space) but cannot speak English. Although of course, there should be people in most regions willing to localize the files.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Well, to be honest, although I have no issue sending localization files to users to properly do them in their language, I am not going to chase down those who can do it. If you want it localized in your language, talk to me, and we can make it happen. Thats all it takes. But dont expect me to go asking around if anyone will localize my stuff. That would take to long and im not willing to do that.

On another note, good point Protector, I will let you localize german, and then I will just put the english in the other languages.

Ill try to get that to you soon.
vaders_Legion

Post by vaders_Legion »

cmon work on it pls
eRAGONE

Post by eRAGONE »

Dont rush him. It takes a lot of time and effort to work on a map such as this one. He probably has other things to do as well.
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

yea quality takes time :wink: anyway PvtParts, just work on it at your own pace
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

I do feel bad though not constantly giving you all updates.

The thing is, for me, I want to have high quality stuff. Everything in my map I want to be happy with. Now somethings, such as sound for certain vehicles, may not happen. But other things, such as totally accurate/new sides, are within my capability. To be honest, not much so far as looks have changed in the map. I have been working on sides, and once I finish those, Ill be able to release maps a lot faster. I try not to burn myself out, because if I lose motivation this project will die. So understand why I'm not updating things every other day.

But take my word, once I get the new sides finished, you all will get a new version, and it will be a large improvement over the last one.
Lord_Wyrven

Post by Lord_Wyrven »

Do you think you could change the Shadow Droid's skin to be a bit more camoflagued? It just looks like its had a bucket of black paint dropped on it currently that's all.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Yes actually I have a desert camo version currently. The blacker ones will be used for my nighttime maps.
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

well hows the next version coming along?
Lord_Wyrven

Post by Lord_Wyrven »

Why isn't the spire point capturable? It seems strange that's all.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

I also agree with Lord_Wyrven. I think it is strange also.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Ah, another problem with you all having an older version (we're not on the same page).

See, I was having balance problems (with the old sides). If I gave the republic the 2 ships as uncapturable, they would lose all groundbases, but never lose at all. If I took the republic ships bases away from the lua, they would lose almost instantly. So I gave them an uncapturable cp (the main landing zone base). Then it was impossible for them to lose without having 0 reinforcements. So I just gave the cis an uncapturable base, but kept them both in the lua. This made it impossible to win unless you took away all reinforcements.

So basically it was just a counter to the republics sudden domination, in response to balancing (or lack thereof).

But its long since been resolved, so dont worry.
JawaMan

Post by JawaMan »

ooooohhhhhhh.........pretty :shock:
vaders_Legion

Post by vaders_Legion »

i want this map so bad anakin :vader: ventnor :dstar:
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

hows the new version coming ,pvtparts?I think its time for an update.. :D
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Okay. Its coming well. Once again I apologize for lack of updates, im very busy.

I have Diet Dr. Pepper near finished the sides, im just tweaking them (adding kick for weapons, variying weapons/firemodes for different classes to give, well, variance).

Its really hard to say when this will be done, as I've got so much to do and so little time.

But, well, how about this, you all will have the next version, plus maybe another map, before summer ends (before September 6th).
Rekubot
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Shadow Complex
xbox live or psn: Rekubot

Post by Rekubot »

<Sighs> We have to wait until September? Ah well, I guess quality takes time.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Sorry. Its not so much that in actuallity it would take that long, but im going to be in upstate New York (Saugerties = the mountains with no computers) from July 23rd to August 14th. I wont be able to finish it before I leave, but definatly before school starts again.