Announcing: Geonosis: Engagement Beta

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

Dont worry man. Im releaseing a version withouth all the fog odfs. That fog rising from the ground thing will still be there, because thats set up with an fx (or prp or sky cant remember) file, and doenst cause much lag. So you can choose from the odf-fogless version (which doenst look anyworse really, but significant fps increase hopefully) and the fogfilled version.

Im kind of glad I delayed it. ive made some improvements on my skins, and did something neat with the medic class. Also changed the shadow droid from nighttime version to desert version.

Off-Topic: about Shadow Droids - I made 1 for every possible invironment, excluding lava. They are cool. And expect to see more of them. Because I like them.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

ooh may I test it right before you release? lol (always need feedback ya know) lol :) And now since OOM-9's Carbine is out....there ya go. lol
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

I dont know, if I feel like uploading it twice than yes, but really you could just download it from here and test it then.

Yes im using 00M-9's carbine. It is nice.

If you want to see my units, an ingame screen of them all, check here:

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name ... c&start=75
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Thanks for the info, man. :D And it's a good thing Maxleof is going to consider me to be on the beta testing team. :P
LordGrievous13

Post by LordGrievous13 »

Hows the map coming
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Good. Ive given up on sound for aat, speederbike and droid fighter. It causes crashes and until someone experienced can take a look at my sfx/reqs etc im not going to waste time on it. Ive been doing a lot of effects editing, and have got some cool looking things up:

Droideka shield:

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/ ... -15-12.jpg

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/ ... -17-65.jpg

Gunship Missle:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/ ... -49-90.jpg

Gunship Missle Explosion:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/ ... -40-62.jpg

Ill have more later. Pretty much everything is edited. Ive made it so when you shoot the ground dirt and dust comes up, if you use a sniper a puff shoots up. Explosions are bigger, more unique. EMP has a neat effect too:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/ ... -39-95.jpg

Im throwing together a quick map, dubbed DEV-Training (Developmental, its supposed to be like pre-war basic clone training simulation, such as the one mentioned in the regular training mission, Geonosis) to expo my effects and changes. Itll be done today, and should keep you guys busy.

If you want to see all my new units, check here:

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name ... c&start=75

Check near the bottom for a long post of urls.
LordGrievous13

Post by LordGrievous13 »

The droideka sheild brings tears to my eyes its so amazing I never thought anyone would make it look so like it did in the movies
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Haha thanks.
LordGrievous13

Post by LordGrievous13 »

How much longer do you think until the next version
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

days. School is nearing. I can almost guarantee it will be out by this weekend. But im releaseing another map before that to hold you over. Im working on localization and its 11:30 so im going to be brief. But I think you will like this upcoming map.
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

Can't wait for final :wink:
MartinK

Post by MartinK »

With all this new stuff i'm sure the map will get even better!!! I downloaded the version you posted here and I liked it (a lot), but can't wait for the new version...
vaders_Legion

Post by vaders_Legion »

great thats good news so tell me have you made a dustless version yet?
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Yep I made one without all the dust. Big fps improvement.
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

To be honest, this map has some little disadvantages:

1. The starting configuration of the CPs doesn't look like a front-to-front confrontation, but that's definaltey needed in a very big map like yours, for when CIS and Rep Cps are mixed you don't know where to go - it results in small skirmishes of very few trooper and not a front-to-front confrontation like the one in the movie.

2.When I want to select a CP on the outer rim of the map, it changes my team.Simply move those CPs and you'll be fine

3. You can say wether a command post is on a capital ship or on the ground by looking on the minimap - suggestion :Put destroyable CPs (those command stations from Geo.:Spire) in the Republic ship - and they also rather fit in there

4. Being from Germany, I play a German Battlefront - and have enormous problems in selecting the proper class for a task as I can't see any Unit Names or Weapon Names
Are you working on a localization ?
AlPhA29

RE: Re: RE: Announcing: Geonosis: Engagement Beta

Post by AlPhA29 »

Would the nxt version's filesize be smaller???
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

AlPhA29 - yes, the next versions size will be roughly cut in half.

Protecter_Pulch - 1) I understand what you mean, but to be honest, small, cut off skirmishes was what I was going for with the map. If you read the information and the breifing screen (loading screen) you will see that this map takes part after the main battle of Geonosis. So i wanted it to be spread out. But dont worry, when I release the prequel to this, Geonosis: Landing, you will have your front line fighting.

2) Sorry about that. But to be honest, theres not much I can do. Moving the cps would require big changes in the map layout, something Im not will to do in this stage.

3)Ill consider doing that, what your saying is place the Republic Forward Command Centers in the republic ships, so you can see from the icon that its in a ship?
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

PvtParts wrote: 3)Ill consider doing that, what your saying is place the Republic Forward Command Centers in the republic ships, so you can see from the icon that its in a ship?
Yes , you got it.

And is there a localization planned ?
richard

Post by richard »

Cant w8 for new version
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

yup... :wink: