Jabiim Beta Release (28 April)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

okay, go into your common folder. and copy com_weap_rifle.odf and rename it to what ever you want.

open it and remove these two lines
ScoreForMedalsType = 1
MedalsTypeToLock = 1
next, open up the custom weapons odf and change the class parent to the ODF you just made
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

It's not actually a custom weapon though. I just changed the model and rate of fire on Boba's rifle.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

i dont have this issue...but i have unlocked the award rifle always.

Penguin is right. do as she says because it makes sense - it thinks its the award rifle, and since boba doesnt have that, when you switch the game cannot find the default rifle in his odf, so unless youve permanently unlocked the award rifle, it currently wont work. This is why if you take away the Medal Type thing, making the game not even look for a root weapon, he can always have the weapon.

What I just said might've made no sense, but thats okay. Just follow Penguins directions
OMEGA

Post by OMEGA »

Great so far, but I suggest you take a few hints from the ARC Jabiim map made for SWBF1 by OOM 009. Great map and here's why:

Clones all have kick Diet Dr. Pepper weapons, but droids come in MASSIVE NUMBERS giving the Republic a "hold the fort" scenario making it an extreme level of difficulty and giving us a great challenge.

You've created a great atmosphere as far as textures and rain, but I suggest you try this map out for SWBF1:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15987.html

Great map so far, but add some CHALLENGE to it like this one, and it will be a mod to remember. :wink:
Lea-Nikkaya

Post by Lea-Nikkaya »

it is just not fair! i've been requesting this map from the moment the mod tools came out. now it's finally created, and guess what?? i can't download from filefront! when it is finished, could you please post it here on gametoast?? i want to play the map! (those are my favorite comics, so please....)
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I'll definitley post it on gametoast if I can when it's done. :) And, Omega, yes I have played that Jabiim map more than my other SWBF1 maps that I downloaded. 00M-9 is better than I am, so there's the difference, lol. My map, however, was not meant to be a 'hold the fort' map, so it will not feel like 00M's. The clones in his map also had the wepaons you were talking about because they were all ARC troopers, mine are not. I'll work with the nit-picky stuff when I get the bigger glitches out of the way.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by yankeefan05 »

Welcome to GT Lea.

Alpha could put this map on Savefile. Now Savefile is better than FileFront because FileFront is always having problems.
Lea-Nikkaya

Post by Lea-Nikkaya »

Alpha wrote:I'll definitley post it on gametoast if I can when it's done. :)
thank you SO much. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

It's too big for my savefile account, so I can't put it up there. But I will find somewhere eventually to get it to you.
demolitionboy

Post by demolitionboy »

Could you please upload it as a .zip file if it's not too much trouble seeing as I don't have a clue as to how to use WinRAR.
Lea-Nikkaya

Post by Lea-Nikkaya »

winrar works exactly the same as winzip. (you can unzip .zip files in winrar too.) just doubleclick the file and it shows up. then click extract to (i don't know it it's called that way in english, i only have the dutch version) it's the second big nutton in the menu with those big buttons. then choose where you want it to extract to, and click ok. voila, it's done :p

okay, i kicked my dad away from his pc, and i'm going to try downloading it. let's see if it works here............. no, it doesn't ¬¬ annoying thing >.< do i have to beg or something??!! filefront is hopeless... and so is my dad's internet >.< it needs to be reactivated every 2 minutes :|
SaMuRaI

Post by SaMuRaI »

Ok i am a new member and i am going to help you alpha!
I have read the clone wars Jabiim comic 5 times and i loved it and im going to help you.
Make sure that you ad AT-AT to the clones side yes people are now saying WTF but in the comic the OLD kind of a rectangle AT-AT was just made and delivered to Jabiim. For jedi heros add Obi-Wan or anikan. Now i suggest if you succed with this you make the Padwans vs. CIS map. Also, Add AT-TE's and Make Shelter Base the beggining spawn point were all the veichles are. Also if someone can add a landspeeder to the map that would be good. So best of luck
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by yankeefan05 »

Alpha, i realized that u can only upload 60MB files, but thanks for reminding me becasue i forgot how big (as in MB) this map was.

Demolitionboy, make sure u extract to your SWBF2>GameData>addon folder.

Welcome to the GameToast forums SaMuRaI.
Lea-Nikkaya

Post by Lea-Nikkaya »

5 times? that's not much XD i've read them about 200 times XD

a suggestion alpha: put an destroyed at-at in it. (you get my point huh?)
and i'm asking one thing... how is it possible that alpha (the one in the map and comics) is the hero, when he's believed to be dead? doesn't really fit with the comics... you could put anakin as the hero, or one of the other padawans. (padawan zule is there aswel, but you've to read "the new face of war" to know who she is.)
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

This takes place while Alpha-17 isn't missing yet. He and Obi-Wan go missing later in the Jabiim Comics (Clone Wars Volume 3). I'll try and put in a destroyed AT-AT, but I need to find out how to make it into a prop. Someone told me once, but I forgot where they said it. lol.
Lea-Nikkaya

Post by Lea-Nikkaya »

nice try, that explosion takes place on the last page of "last stand on jabiim part 1 of 4." only 5 days after they arrive on jabiim.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I was just guessing, I didn't have the book on hand. However, he was still there and he will stay. By the way, everyone who reads this take heed: ALWAYS KEEP BACKUPS. It saved this map yesterday. :D
shadowtrooper73

Post by shadowtrooper73 »

I didnt have any problems downloading it. its a good map
richard

Post by richard »

I cant download second part without becoming premium member.. And when i extract part 2 its says that nothing is in it so i cant extract..
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Part 2? My map is only one RAR file...