Rise of the Empire #1: New Era Begins (Version 0.75)!!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Post by Guest »

Gordman

download from Australian server.

___
Again: nice map!!!
chief

Post by chief »

I had problems with downloading this map,but now it works,cant wait to play on it! :)
chief

Post by chief »

Nice map! it would be even better if commando would have sounds and new units would have names
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

The sound bug is in the read me file and MajinRevan has said it himself in this thread so he knows and is probably working on it ... Please read the first page.
Alpha_522

Post by Alpha_522 »

Gordman wrote:Crap!!!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE DOWNLOAD ONLY HAS Fast Pass SERVERS!!!!! Filefront is no longer free anymore :(
i think they are still fixing filefront.
chief

Post by chief »

Gosh i forgot to read the Read me file....reading it now
xdragon

Post by xdragon »

I'm in the US and I can still use the Oceanic server. Sure its slow, but it works. Downloaded it yesterday.

I agree with alot of the other people here; the commando is overpowering. Its near impossible for the AI to kill you, and its way to powerful. The vehicles are a bit fast and overpowering- it makes the level feel like a vehicle map. I like the idea of barely functioning vehicles, but they hardly have use because the places that they can aim are places that have little or no combat in them. And it may also be a good idea to compact the map a little- it takes forever to get anywhere without a vehicle.

Dont get me wrong, the map is great. Im all for star wars realism. Since apperantly you wont change the commando, I suggest at least make the sheild a bit weaker, and set it so there are less AI commandos on the map at one time. And making the vehicles a bit slower is a good idea too. I think Lucasarts chose to make the speed of vehicles slower than they really are for a reason.
Gordman

Post by Gordman »

Ok thx JK514, it works fine.
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

I may decrease the count of the commandos, but the vehicle speeds stay the same. The only vehicle speeds that I may keep slower than they should be are the starfighter speeds!

- Majin Revan
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

hmmm, i have an idea as to why no names appear for people like me.

have you localized the names in all languages? becouse i have the international version.

i only see names in uk_english
PC-412

Post by PC-412 »

Can you please upload the file in a different location or put the file on a public server in filefront? Thanks.
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

The map should be available to all soon on FileFront.

As for localization, I localized as I usually do, but I am not sure if this affected other languages.

- Majin Revan
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

filefront is getting anoying with their fast pass crap :x
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

MajinRevan wrote:The map should be available to all soon on FileFront.

As for localization, I localized as I usually do, but I am not sure if this affected other languages.

- Majin Revan
and what do you normally do? you should localize at least uk_english and english, you don't really need to do french and german.
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Chris165 »

majin, please go to forum rise of the empire series, rise of the empire 1 new era begins
DarthDoy11

Post by DarthDoy11 »

Majin, are you gonna include a grey Venator with grey V-wings (that sound like TIEs) in one of your maps because that would be accurate and fun.

P.S. This map, like all your others, is awesome, keep up the good work.
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

I really like this map. The only things that bother me though are the walkers speed, it's rediculous, I know you want it to be all realistic and stuff but c'mon it looks so stupid. and maybe a few rocks or something to take cover behind. It reminds me alot of Thule. There also need to be more units on the field which you could do with setubermode(1)
__bjork__

Post by __bjork__ »

and what do you normally do? you should localize at least uk_english and english, you don't really need to do french and german.
I'm sorry but I'm french and it's boring no to see weapon's or hero's names... So please if you can, do it for all languages... It's not because you don't some language that nobody else need it too.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by yankeefan05 »

i recommend giving it to someone who speaks both french and english (or whatever the main languege for this map is) and translating it (if this is possible) for bjork.
NegativeSmiley

Post by NegativeSmiley »

Or: http://www.google.com/translate_t

Google Translate!! Filling all your foreign language needs! Not 100% accurate (With german for instance) But so far its gotten 99% of all the words right for me.