Rise of the Empire #1: New Era Begins (Version 0.75)!!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

PR-0927
Old School Staff

Rise of the Empire #1: New Era Begins (Version 0.75)!!

Post by PR-0927 »

Hey...it's released...here:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... gins;61262

Read the README file...

- Majin Revan
Alpha_522

Post by Alpha_522 »

Awesome! i downloaded it and its kool, but no sounds when firing the gun.

:lol:
Last edited by Alpha_522 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

READ THE README file.

- Majin Revan
vikke-viking

Post by vikke-viking »

its one great map but the only problem is that there are no sounds for the commander..
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

*SIGH!!* READ THE README FILE!!

- Majin Revan
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

yeah, no soun... lol

Im not sure what the DC-15 sounds like ((i've never played RC)) but i use the chainguns sound for mine.

Anyway, awsome map! ((still DLing, lol, saying awsome becouse of the screenies))
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Hey Majin is there anything different from the version I got?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Im sure some people will like it but its just not my type of map (vehicle wars on a plain) . I do like how youv unwrecked the speederbikes and made them more like in SWBF1 tho :)
PR-0927
Old School Staff

Post by PR-0927 »

Thanks you all!

EraOfDesann! Shoot, I completely forgot that you had tested this map too. But, yes, you version is COMPLETLY different.

- Majin Revan
Vyse
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Vyse »

Excelent map!

I love the fixed speeder bike! I actually think it's a better speeder bike than was in SWBF or SWBF2. All the texures were great.(decayed stuff etc.) And I thought you did a lot better than PANs Blan basic Geonosis. The dust effect was great to, I remember a more present dust effect like that from one of your SWBF1 maps. And the Transport turrent was very cool!

Only sugjestions:
Sometimes the pattern of the map texture can be seen repeated.
Its a shame there sin't a lowrez on the dome transports, sometimes they dissapeared.

Thanks for mentioning me in the Read Me. It was very nice of you! Sry you were not able to get the sound effects working, well have to work together some more on that! :)
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

Hmmm, okay, after playing it i have this to say

Pros:

* As soon as i started playing i got the feeling that it was geonosis and that there had been a massive war before
* The tipped over ATTE's are great fun to be in
* The terrian was awsomely done and made me feel like i was on geonosis
* The Commando's skin is awsome
* The DC-15s Side Arm Blaster is done really well

Cons:

* The map was to dark for me and was hard to see the rebels when playing as the Empire
* The Commando is overpowered. I was able to stand on the Rebels last CP and they could never get my sheild down
* Not sure if this is me or not, but all the new pr changed weapon/class/unit names weren't showing
* I got lost alot :p
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Penguin wrote:I got lost alot :p
Same here. Compared to the other Imperials, the commando looked kinda... fat. :roll:
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Wow, the best original map I have played for BF2. I have a feeling that when the rise of the Empire was mentioned in A New Hope, this is what they imagined. This map provided constant entertainment. I got really into it and felt like I was actually there. The vehicles, atmosphere, and units all felt right. All pros and no cons here! I cant wait for the next map in this great series.
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Majin, YOu could always add some cavern battles. That way you can choose between vehicular or soldier combat.

Also, the speed of the vehicles is rediculous. The way you did it I mean. Couldn't you turn down the max speed and then toy with the boost effects to make it so you can boost at the current max speed, nearly indefinetly? Its insane driving like that. Also, the AT-RT just doesn't feel as cool going that fast.

I also wonder if you could give a 'running' animation to a vehicle, so that when you get up to the max speed the strides get longer or something. The fast walking is . . .wierd. Looks like its out of a fantasy RPG.
LordGrievous13

Post by LordGrievous13 »

Majin this is the best map ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YT-1300

Post by YT-1300 »

this is a really awesome map, but i think there needs to be a few more units on the battlefield at one time, i spend to much time walking some where to find some one to shoot, and i think there should be some more imperial tanks and speeder that spawn, and it might be cool if you can add a couple starfighters, but over all a great map!!

P.S. that kamakize starfighter thing is freaking awesome!, and i like how you put shields on the special units! good work!! :D
Prisoner_of_the_Ram

Post by Prisoner_of_the_Ram »

Great map, except...

* The whole sound issue obviously, but that's in your readme.
* The speeder bikes can outrun their own lasers... And I think they need a first-person view like in SWBF1 if possible. They are too hard to control from third.
* The commandos and bothans are WAY too overpowered. Their shields are almost invincible to other troops and the commando's weapons are insane.
* The AT-... I've lost track... The open top scout walkers look a bit stupid when they walk/sprint. Too fast.
-Iceman-

Post by -Iceman- »

Good map!!
The commander has many wepons!!!
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Oh crap, filefront is offline... A well ill just need to have patience then :yodaful:

^Destroyer^

Post by Guest »

ARggg!!! Filefront - offline!

Q: file-size?