Battle Over Coruscant

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Battle Over Coruscant

Post by Penguin »

My Second map,

Its a big Courscant space map (BOC = Battle Over Coruscant)

it features custom cockpits for all vehicles, heros for both sides,
multi-capital ships, and over 250+ modifed ship to ship turrets.

==::Installation::==

1. When you first download the file, it should be a zip file named "boc". Extract everything in the file to your desktop.
2. You should have extracted 3 files. One of them should be a readme text file named "Read Me" and the other two should be zip files named "BOC_Part_I" and "BOC_Part_II".
3. Extract everything from the zip file named "BOC_Part_I" to the desktop. You should have extracted a folder named "BOC".
4. Move the "BOC" Folder to your Star Wars Battlefront II AddOn folder in Crogram FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIGameDataAddOn.
5. Now, extract everything from the zip file named "BOC_Part_II". You should have extracted 3 folders named "FPM", "SIDE", and "Sound."
6. Move these three folders named "FPM", "SIDE", and "Sound" to the LVL_PC Folder in the "BOC" Folder that you just put in the AddOn folder. The location of the LVL_PC Folder is here.
Crogram FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIGameDataAddonBOCdata_LVL_PC

As you can see it's located in another folder named "data". Once you've put all 3 folders into the LVL_PC Folder it should work.
7. Enjoy.

==::Bugs::==

Theres no sound for the heros and some units.

DOWNLOAD

My Website
NovaNerfherder

RE: Battle Over Coruscant

Post by NovaNerfherder »

Thanks Penguin. This map is a total blast. The cockpits look great & so do the ship-to-ship turrets blazing all over the place.
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

thanks, in the next version i hope to get Grevious in there and also fix up a few bugs
craggy

Post by craggy »

this is crazed! real fun. especially like having ani and obi in there proper fighters. the huge energy blasts all over the place can be a bit scary. well done. a few things I've noticed:
I can't seem to land on the 2nd CIS ship-the one with all the lasers alongthe side. I can get to the hanger but keep speeding, like the game doesn't know I am in a hanger. Is this on purpose?
There only shows 1 spawn point on the map, but I've died and respawned on one of the other Rep ships (the one with all ARCs instead of the one with the 2 JSFs) without selecting anything different on the character screen. Does it put you on whichever ship was closest when you die? This should be fixed, either so theres only 1 spawn point, or so that they are selectable.
The Jedi suck as pilots. Is it possible to give them (Anakin at least) the same energy regen when flying as Pilots do? Also, it looked like Obi Wan's JSF still had R2 in the droid socket. Very minor this one, I know, but everything else is so near perfect.
edit:also-spot on background. is this in the game or did you make yourself? is fantastic. just like the film
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

Yeah, theres only ment to be one CP. i'll be fixing the second ship in the next version, as well as obi wans fighter
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

I LOVE this map :D

The negative comments on filefront got me wondering to d/l or not d/l... *d/ls*
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

they were just ppl getting confused how to install it.

so far so good, its rated 10/10 and is the SWBF2 File of the Week already
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

So far, this is the best coruscant map I've played. Would be a lot better if there were more bots and flyers though :wink:
RDST

Post by RDST »

This map is GREAT! It has everything that makes it look like a big battle. The 1st person views are excellent (should be a release all their own :shock: ). However, I still have some complaints:
1. Way to dark. Add a few lights around in space (without the textures just seem a little flat)
2. Ships that orbit the battles are all Frigates.
3. A few Captial ships only have 1 type of ship (don't know if that is on purpose)

Get the next version out as fast as you can. And go for more 1st person views on other vehicles).
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

Get the next version out as fast as you can. And go for more 1st person views on other vehicles).
all the vehicles have 1st person veiws
him

Post by him »

can we see some screens guys?
jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jangoisbaddest »

WOW!
This map is great. Now THIS is worth playing repetedly - unlike shipped space battles. Good work!

Only suggestion: more cap ships in the background. If you can fill the skybox with other cap ships, it will completely capture the total atmosphere of a huge battle.

Actually, one more suggestion lol. Amp up the number of bots on the field at once if you can (set uber mode and watch the battle get even better!)
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

jangoisbaddest wrote:WOW!
This map is great. Now THIS is worth playing repetedly - unlike shipped space battles. Good work!
Only suggestion: more cap ships in the background. If you can fill the skybox with other cap ships, it will completely capture the total atmosphere of a huge battle.[/qoute]

working on that.
Actually, one more suggestion lol. Amp up the number of bots on the field at once if you can (set uber mode and watch the battle get even better!)
will do
jkempster

Post by jkempster »

this is an amazing map. it defies all the boring basic rules of the shipped space maps. im getting everyone to download it so we can play online. and penguin the cockpits are amazing, just grabbing anakin jumping in his starfighter and going to first person view rocks. but i found that in a jedi star fighter i sometimes got killed in the crossfire, is there anyway you could give the starfighters a bit more health ? anyway keep up the great work il be going bakc to this lots :)
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

Best. Coruscant. Space. Map. Ever!

Only a few suggested tweaks:

1) The battle is already pretty low over Coruscant, but would it be possible to mak the planet in the BG even bigger? Just to give the impression that you really are at a high atmospheric level.

2) There never seem to be any AI or turrets inside the cap ships, even if I crank up the unit count to max. Is this just because of a very high vehicle respawn rate? If so, why not make units like the SBD (and clone equivalent, maybe add a regular trooper) unable to fly ships.

3) Possibly give Ani and Obi the same vehicle repair ability as a pilot? That way, you can fly their Starfighters as them inside without losing the vehicle regen bonus. Plus, as they have R2 units, it seems accurate too.

4) I love to see the V-Wing finally used as an interceptor, like it should, but why not do the same with the CIS strike bomber? I think that was meant as an interceptor as well.

These are all minor tweaks. It's still the Best. Coruscant. Space. Map. Ever!

Post by Guest »

GREAT!

New turrets are awsome! Cocpits are fantastic!

But map has few bugs:
1. Droid gunship`s and tri-fighter`s missiles don`t show.
2. droid starfighter`s and eta2`s cockpit need fix.

:)
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

The CIS strike bomber was General Grevious's fighter, which wasn't used in the battle.

next version will have the Jedi star fighters use the right weapons ((green lasers and ion cannons, no missiles))
salporin8

Post by salporin8 »

2) There never seem to be any AI or turrets inside the cap ships, even if I crank up the unit count to max. Is this just because of a very high vehicle respawn rate? If so, why not make units like the SBD (and clone equivalent, maybe add a regular trooper) unable to fly ships.
i don;t know but in my map there is only 1 !! vehicle and that's the V-wing
and if i spawn as the republic i;m sometimes in an hangar without a vehicle at al :?

edit : those auto turrets are amezing ,good job on that !!
but i don;t have manned turrets too ?

good map ! but i really need to find those ships :P
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

you installed it wrong
RєÅpér

Post by RєÅpér »

the only bug i got is no sounds on jedi but the rest is fine

btw penguin your avater is spooking me

it's creepy