Space Coruscant V1.1

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

RєÅpér

Post by RєÅpér »

there's a difference between anime and movie :P
kudos_eb

Post by kudos_eb »

is there a way you could add jedi heroes with unit count=1 on space maps?? there are maps out there with that feature (heroes as units, check out geonosis offensive) .. it would be cool to add obiwan, anakin, grievous and dooku, and u guys remember the clone wars episode where saesee tiin leads a squad of jet troopers during the battle of coruscant, i think the shock trooper should be replaced with the ep3 jet troopers, there is a cool reskin on the mygeto invasion map, plain white like regular clone troopers- dont get me wrong your shock troopers are cool!
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

RDST wrote:Sorry, the picture is a little low res, so I circled the two capital ships:

EDIT: Wait! your right. my bad. The ship I though was a capital ship was just a destroyer. :? I still suggest you add another one though, but thats up to you.
Only if the battles were like that!
This is a great map, you win alot with Republic cause of CIS's disadvantage..
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

OK, heads up, this is constructive criticism:
1. even though u raised the unit count it seems sort of empty compared to the movie, but of course, i doubt anyone could get it closed to the movie.
2. to me, it just doesn't seem like coruscant space even with the backround
3. It's absolutely huge. I think it was around 113 MB even with the compression. so I'm thinking sectors + portals.

otherwise, it's okay.
[Matt_Man]

Post by [Matt_Man] »

I love that shot from the movie... So beautiful
2. to me, it just doesn't seem like coruscant space even with the backround
How do you think it could it be more like coruscant space? I was wondering because this map has huge potential I just can't figure out what it needs...
[Matt_Man]

Post by [Matt_Man] »

(I am not a modder so sorry if this idea is impossible/idiotic but..) Is there anyway to make some damaged comma (or other class) ships that are like on fire or pointing straight towards the planet or anything like that? In the movie there are tons of dying and burning ships and I think that would add to the realism as well
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by PvtParts »

Okay heres some ideas to make it more like Coruscant space.

first, make sure theres plenty of ships for the next thing -

Add SetUberMode(1); to your XXXc_cmn.lua:
function ScriptInit()
-- Designers, this line *MUST* be first!
ReadDataFile("ingame.lvl")

SetUberMode(1);
Then go to setup teams, and change the units field to, say, 200.
myTeamConfig = {
rep = {
team = REP,
units = 200,
reinforcements = -1,
pilot = { "rep_inf_ep3_pilot",26},
marine = { "rep_inf_ep3_marine",6},
},
cis = {
team = CIS,
units = 200,
reinforcements = -1,
pilot = { "cis_inf_pilot",26},
marine = { "cis_inf_marine",6},
}
}

As for jedi, where you have AddUnitClass(REP,obiwan,1,3) or whatever, change the 3 to a 1 i beleive - the first number tells the minimum amount of units (there will always be at least this many) and the second tells the maximum (it will randomly add units of each class until it hits the number of units designated in the units field.)
RDST

Post by RDST »

First Don't double post, edit your first post.

Second, you could edit the texture on the ship to have a more damaged look. About the fire, I'm not sure, but I think it would be possible. Not a bad idea.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

I have never tested this in space, only on conquest/xl scripts.

it will work im sure, but you may have to fiddle with the placing of the setubermode(1); line etc etc.
Lateralusj00

Post by Lateralusj00 »

You MUST make the objects brighter. The problem with almost every single space map is that every fighter cruise and frigate is too dark. The space battles in the movies were always very bright.
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

well the battle was closer to coruscant, so coruscant itself being bigger would make it feel alot more like the battle
Delta-038

Post by Delta-038 »

For crying out loud, Coruscant Space (as well as any other space map) Should NOT have nebulas. Please if you can, make the space background have NO nebulas because it doesn't look like the movies or real at all. It's Really annoying to see those nebulas personally to me and I have NO idea why Pandemic made Nebulas in every space map.................besides, nebulas are usually only seen if real life in DEEP SPACE yet ironicall, Nebulas are absent from the DEEP SPACE missions on SWBFII Galactic Conquest missions. Just please, if you can, delete the Nebulas (the purple clouds of particles and stuff).
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Since the above didnt specify how to do this,

just delete the pertaining entries from your .sky file in your world1 folder
RDST

Post by RDST »

^good save. Also Delta calm down.

Other than the fact that the battle was closer to Coruscant (more in the atmosphere than in space), we really don't know too much about the Coruscant system itself. It might have a nebula or two. Does it really matter? Also it might be noted that since the battle was in the atmosphere it would most likely have blocked out the view of the stars and sorrounding system.
My suggestion is who cares, if you really want to do it, go for it. Nebulas really don't affect the map.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

and i say hey, if its a good map, which this looks like it is coming along to be, then who cares if there is a nebula in the skybox.

plus this is fiction you know.

and its a long time ago in a galaxy far away - maybe in this galaxy (where people shoot lightning from their fingers and float) you can see nebulas that arent in the immediate area.

but what do i know.
Delta-038

Post by Delta-038 »

PvtParts wrote:and i say hey, if its a good map, which this looks like it is coming along to be, then who cares if there is a nebula in the skybox.

plus this is fiction you know.

and its a long time ago in a galaxy far away - maybe in this galaxy (where people shoot lightning from their fingers and float) you can see nebulas that arent in the immediate area.

but what do i know.
Guys......guys calm down..............I'm aware that it IS fiction and this is BY far one of the BETTER maps. I'm just stating that Coruscant from the movie DID NOT have any nebulas neither did many of the other space battles in the movies and Pandemic falsely placed them in the maps. I'm just stating my personal thoughts, I'm sorry if I have offended any one or the Author of this map..........I did NOT mean to. I just never understood the point of these colorful nebulas in the space maps which made it too bright and un-war like. I never stated anything about the MAP specifically being wrong as far as design, I'm talking about the engined and the fact that all of the space maps have poor designed backdrops with unneccessary nebulas. I actually love this map. But if I can state one thing other than my little personal complaint of nebulas...lol, I think it would be great if you could add even more cap ships and fighters (I'm sure SWBFII and most computers can handle it) just to make it even more movie like! Other than that, this is by far the BEST Space Coruscant map attempt I've seen. And I apologize again if I sounded like a whining baby who was overzealous.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Its all good. I wasnt snappin at you i just have a tendancy to be sarcastic.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Could you please upload the map somewhere else to? Filefront is giving me this sucky connection (a 10 kb per sec speed while i normally have 250 kb per sec speed) so it takes 4 hours for me then :shock:.

^Destroyer^
Rekubot
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Shadow Complex
xbox live or psn: Rekubot

Post by Rekubot »

Wow, unlucky. It only took me 20 minutes to download.

I have a couple more suggestions:

1. Increase the unit count a bit more. This will make it seem a lot more like the proper Coruscant battle.

2. Make the lasers on the turrets of the ships more powerful (if you can). In the movie a single laser from a republic capital ship was enough to bring down a CIS frigate.
WsCandy

Post by WsCandy »

heh ok thanks for all that feeback... i'm gonna do some more editing on it today perhaps remove the nebulas, i got heros working last night at the moment its just dooku and anakin, all there sounds work and they actually do damage (took me about an hour last night lol)

the reason the file is so big is due to the rep.lvl, i modded this a bit more so its kind of a weapons mod... so when the next versions released replace it with the old rep.lvl and you will have unlimted ammo (for primary weapons) seconday weapons have been doubled in ammo and replaced with blaster rifles and unlimited jet fuel etc :)

http://files.filefront.com/Moviewmv/;49 ... einfo.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This better?

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/ ... pacor6.jpg