Space Coruscant V1.1

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Gordman

Post by Gordman »

for some reason I have gigantic lag on this map :?
broke

Post by broke »

Awesome map there WsCandy!! Just awesome!
I've been playing it ever since your first release.
Can I make a small request tho?
A heck more lasers from the capital ships and more turrets, if technically possible ;)
Keep it up man!! Your map is great!
RDST

Post by RDST »

Gordman wrote:for some reason I have gigantic lag on this map :?
Lag as in online lag? or offline lag (chugging)? As far as I know you can't play this online (tried several times and it's crashed every time). If you are getting chugging, then you might want to run your game at lower settings.

And just to ask, what are your system specs?
haudi

Post by haudi »

is there a public serve for this map?? i cannot download this map cause i must be registrated in filefront.
Foo4Everlong

Post by Foo4Everlong »

haudi wrote:is there a public serve for this map?? i cannot download this map cause i must be registrated in filefront.
Filefront is down for all "Public Servers" until later on today (Friday). That was the message that they posted on their site. So keep checking back every so often. Later
haudi

Post by haudi »

thanks!!! I will try!
WsCandy

Post by WsCandy »

argh sorry guys ive been ill and the maps been playing up... in an effort to reduce file size i tried to create a new side but it wasn't working very well... i may zip it up and upload it soon, its just the maps wont budge from the loading screen at the moment!
Rekubot
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Shadow Complex
xbox live or psn: Rekubot

Post by Rekubot »

Urrgh, that doesn't sound too good, and neither does your illness ^^

Sure hope you get better soon and finish that map!
WsCandy

Post by WsCandy »

its all fixed now, its 121mb i'll do the new side in the next version i will upload it tomorrow morning GMT
WsCandy

Post by WsCandy »

V.1.1

Changes

Well there are tonnes of changes from the old version :D

La-at's are replaced with theta class shuttles
Added one more boardable republic captial ship
Added hero's anakin and dooku with sounds :D
More capital ships
Added explosion effects and removed nebulas from the sky
All the transports have been sorted and should spawn properly now
Increased unit count
Replaced droid marines with super battle droids
Green lasers for jedi star fighter.
All boardable ships have fully functional shields and defence grids
More realistic Lighting, more like 'sunlight'
Started adding cocktpit views, not yet finished...

Bugs

The Super battle droid has no sounds.

Well this isn't a bug but the file size is massive, i hope to reduce this in the next version :D

Statergies

Republic

Well if your playing as the republic i recomend taking down the cis frigates defence grids and taking down all the ships system, there are also many fighters to destroy.

CIS

Well first thing you should do it take down all the republic's defence grids as they take down a fair few of your frigates, there are not as many republic fighters so i recoment taking down all the systems on many of the ships...

Download link...

http://files.filefront.com/Space_Corusc ... einfo.html

Instalation

Extract space coruscant v1.1, then extract SCO1, SCO2, SCO3 to you addon folder, if it asks to replace easch time hit yes to all
Enjoy :D

Screenshots...

Well there arn't any havn't had time to upload any, if somone could do this for me... thanks
yoda_does_yoga

Post by yoda_does_yoga »

Cool! d/ling. I might do you some screenshots if i feel like it...
Droid803

Post by Droid803 »

Downloading now!
Sounds good.
WsCandy

Post by WsCandy »

Post by Guest »

WsCandy

Downloading...
Extract space coruscant v1.1, then extract SCO1, SCO2, SCO3 to you addon folder, if it asks to replace easch time hit yes to all
? three map in RAR-archive?
WsCandy

Post by WsCandy »

its the same map i just wanted to compress it a bit better... :)
Droid803

Post by Droid803 »

This map is great!....there are tons of frigates everywhere to kill, but only problem is that they don't have any turrets. The layout is fantastic...
Also, perhasp you could artificially raise the score, as with that many ships,the battle ends real fast.
And perhaps you could re-skin the theta-class shuttle to look more like a republic craft rather than an imperial craft.
Foo4Everlong

Post by Foo4Everlong »

Much better!!!! i love the sky without the nebulas. Much more realistic. I love all the ships to fly through and around. The only thing I was hoping for was to be attacked by massive amounts of Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, and Droidekas when you land on the enemy ship. As well as Dooku (which you have already inserted). Just to have more of that ROTS movie feel. Because as of now it's getting more and more like the ROTS opening scene. Maybe you can use them to protect the ships inner core so it's not so easy to destroy. Oh, and by the way, I really like how you gave the Clone Pilot a DC-15 rifle instead of the blaster. Nice job. I just hope there are more things to come. Later
RDST

Post by RDST »

Not bad. After playing around with the map, you seem to have eliminated most of the bugs that plagued the first release. The added ships are nice and the skins are pretty good.

However, I do have some questions:
1. Why does the pilot have a rifle? It is extremly unbalanced and doesn't make sense (how could you store a rifle in a fighter?). The rifle makes the marine pointless.

2. What is the other triangular shaped capital ship on the map? It seems out of place and doesn't fit with the other capital ships.

3. Why did you change the transport? The Imperial shuttle would have been only for royalty and not regular troops (although its not that big of a deal).

Overall not bad
-RDST
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Chris165 »

since were talking about starships, wy not adding a recusant-class light destroyer for the CIS?