Hypori: Grievous Attacks v.2 NOW AVAILABLE!!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Hypori: Grievous Attacks v.2 NOW AVAILABLE!!

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

Finally I finished the second version of Hypori: Grievous Attacks.

This is really an XL map rather than a conquest map. Playable in both GCW and CW.

CW Story/Background:
The setting is at a crash site on the planet Hypori from the Clone Wars Animated Series. This is where General Greivous made his first appearance and greatest strike. You can either play as Jedi, or as the enourmous CIS army. Around 18 jedi at a time vs. more than 200 droids. Fortunately, a division of the Republic's Clone Army has recently touched down and will help the Jedi fight the CIS army. Victory is possible for each team. This battle is the beginning of the end for the Jedi, whether they win it or not is up to you.

Known bugs:
Republic Gunship tends to fly wherever it pleases instead of following motion paths, and occasionally crashes.
Cis droids occasionally try to find a shortcut to the center of the crash site by walking straight into it, but most follow the correct path.

Install:

To install simply download it to any location, then extract the zip file, and move the folder labelled "GRV" to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon or whereever your addon folder is located (you might need to make one), then run SW Battlefront 2, and you should find the map in Instant Action, or in the list of maps to make a server Online.

Btw thanks to the numerous people in the forum who helped me with the issues I had with this map and gave me materials, such as Teancum, -_-, BF2-Master, Penguin, and co.

Here are Some Screens:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/1.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/2.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/3.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/4.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/5.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/6.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/7.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/d ... Mods/8.jpg

And Here is the Current Download Link:
http://www.gametoast.com/~teancum/publi ... cksv2c.zip

Post Comments/Issues/Suggestions in this topic.
Last edited by SBF_Dann_Boeing on Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

RE: (SBF) Hypori: Greivous Attacks v.1 RELEASED

Post by RAymo »

looks cool.
d/ling now
YT-1300

Post by YT-1300 »

WOW! cool map. ive have only played as the jedi so some things my be off. but i have a few suggestions.

1.) IMO i think the jedi are a little bit too outnumbered. i mean since theres a huge assault cruiser on the ground you would think there would be more jedi or clones.

2.) just a visual thing, were to all the CIS come from, if the clones come for the downed cruiser, were do the CIS come from

3.) IMO i think the battle should be closer to the downed cruiser, and maybe you could have a hole in the cruiser and the battle could rage on it side as well as outside.

4.) have the clones also playable, are they playable, idk, i only played the map once.

well! wow! this was a fun map, just a few minor details that i think can be improved. but yes! great map!! 9/10! :D
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I'm stoked. Downloading now!!!
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

My biggest suggestion would be to get rid of the Jedi with the double lightsaber. After all, we never really saw any Jedi with double lightsabers during the Clone Wars. If you want it to be consistent with the cartoon, I'd keep just the Jedis with the singles. Maybe a dual-wielding one too, I don't know. Dual-wielding wasn't all that common during the CW, but just because we never really see any Jedi with two sabers doesn't mean there aren't any.

But still, cool map. It looks good. You might want to retexture the planet in the sky to look a little less... "Yavin-y" though. Maybe tweaking the color and such will make it look a little different from Yavin and a little more like good ol' Hypori.

Post by Guest »

I watched 21 chapter again. So, this map is cartoon-like! :D

But map is very-very unbalanced. Republic can not victory. :x
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Someone suggested upping the amount of Jedi. I strongly disagree. If you need to change anything (have not had a chance to play yet) just up the amount of health on the jedi to balance things.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

I think it may actually be too easy to win as the Republic. Certainly if you try to take the droids in a straight fight you'll just die, but if you keep moving around or even just hide somewhere, the endless supply of clones will just win the battle for you. On the other hand, take away the clones and it maybe becomes too easy for the CIS. Maybe give the Jedi more health like Teancum said, perhaps reduce the number of clones on the field at any one time
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Okay I just played it for the first time. It's brilliant. Really awesome.

-Don't change health/reinforments or anything. I lost as the Republic, but only by literally 1 reinforcement (which I couldn't find, he probably got stuck)
-Please get rid of the (SBF) in the Hypori name. I've never been a fan of clan designated maps, plus it messes up the alphabetical order. It took me a second to find it. If you really want (SBF) in, could you please put it at the end? (if you need help on how, it's really easy)
-Other than that, it's perfect. I mean really perfect. I love the fact that it's 95% SBDs with just a few Droidekas and regular BDs.

Definitely one to stay on my hard drive.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Great map, It was a great fight right till the end. It was really close at the end but eventually I won. Reminds me of Geonosis a bit though. Perhaps you could put some Arc Troopers and the Arc gunship in?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Great idea on the ARC Gunship -- SBF_Dann_Boeing - PM me and I'll get you the ARC Gunship side to put in your map.
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

Hey! This map is pure FUN! GREAT JOB!
Epena
Old School Staff
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Epena »

Jolly good fun!

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the sides setup.

I have my AI on Elite and I played hte map twice. Both times I won. First as [NULL] (:P), then as the CIS.

Fun.

Though I would take up Tean's offer.
Rekubot
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Shadow Complex
xbox live or psn: Rekubot

Post by Rekubot »

Wow, awesome map Dann! It's good to see Yoda wandering around helping out the republic :P. I couldn't stay alive for 10 seconds as the CIS but then, I never play them anyway :lol:. A suggestion of mine is to spread the battle out a bit, since a single jedi could plough through the entire CIS in a matter of seconds.

Then again, ploughing through the droids is what made the map fun for me :P.

Once again, awesome map!

EDIT: Is there any chance you can cut down the amount of Yodas running around?

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/6429/hypori7yw.jpg
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Nice map, maybe a little too much going on in the sky and the outer terrain (the really sharp peaks) I feel mightr look better if they are softened and shrunk a little to fit in a bit. I know it's not in the area of combat but just a visual personal preference.
but only by literally 1 reinforcement (which I couldn't find, he probably got stuck)
Same happened to me, only I would have been on the winning side. Me and my AI were running round for ages trying to find the last enemey member with no success. With the CP's not being capturable and the last chap not being findable the onlyy thing was to wait for him to die of starvation or old age or quit the game. I think that all CP's should be capturable to solve this. Very last thing You've spelled Grievous incorrectly!
(SBF) Hypori: Greivous Attacks.
This isn't just here in the thread it's in the map name etc... so just a quick change needed there.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/charac ... algrievous

All that being said it's a very nice and enjoyable map. :)
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Great map, lots of fun. The only issue I had with it was that it kind of lacked resemblence to the cartoon. I would like it if Ki Adi Mundi, and Aalaya Secura were units that could only be on the feild one at a time, like on the geonosis simulator. And if you could put the wreckage at the base of the fallen starship, and make it a little more cavernis (SP) that would be great too.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Narlie-Charlie.
It's best if Ki-Adi Mundi is a hero. I currently am working on the .lua which has a single Yoda and a single Aayla, both as locals. Besides that it will be ALOT like this version
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

Maybe spread the action out a bit, all the droids and clones look pretty clustered to me..sort of clumped together. Great fun though.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Why don't you simply set Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi Mudi's unit count limit to 1? That'd be much easier.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

actually i did that but instead of 1 yoda and 1 aayla i get 2 or so yodas its weird. Anyway thanks for all the good feedback. In future versions i will be incorporating BF2-Master's perfected Lua, The jedi side will be localized, And hopefully i will get the ARC gunship in. I'll stop putting the (SBF) tag on my major maps like this one and keep them on the small clan maps like cage match.