Desert Showdown 1.9 BETA... Testers Needed!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Should all the vehicles from XL mode also be in Conquest mode?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 32
uttaresh

Astromech

Post by uttaresh »

I asked about the "Little Guy" earlier. froshthewookie says that it's just there for decoration - to show that it was a part of the wrecked X-Wings.

Hmmm... why, then, is it there in the Clone Wars era even though there are no X-Wings? You could put in a dead clone-trooper's corpse instead next to the LAAT/i remains.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Astromech

Post by Teancum »

@ Uttaresh -- Jedi Starfighters and Republic V-Wings used Astromech droids, so it's perfectly logical to have them there.
uttaresh

RE: Astromech

Post by uttaresh »

But there are no Jedi Starfighter or V-Wings on this map!
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

I kept them in CW because they are cool...

And it took me like an hour to reskin them...

Also... I'm not even going to attempt custom sounds until I can at least get the stock sounds to work... Reskinning the fighters should be a snap, though...
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

Congrats wookie what an exellent map

You recreated the feel of dune sea without recreating the map

And whatever anybody tells you about vehicles and such in conquest i think this map shines as a foot map
you dont need vehicles and starfighters to make it any better (speeders exception)
For me, when you add vehicles it adds in the "cheap factor", knowing you wont get "cheaped" by sum no skill punk in a tank makes the map seem more fun

P.s.- I am not totally anti-vehicle, i actually think they help sum levels but in this level would definantly be "cheaped" by tanks and fighters
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

I'm not telling him to put in tanks... just some other fast transports - like the LAAT/i without weapons.
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

But when you take out the "no skill punk in a tank" with a well tossed thermal detonator (when his health is almost gone), it's all worth it...
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Are you comming near to next release? I really liked this map and i cant wait to see the next version, btw did you knew that if u play conquest online game crashes to desktop?

^Destroyer^
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Many maps crash to the desktop if you play online; e.g Saleucami.
jango232

Post by jango232 »

nah my saleucimi map works but there ya go mint map 10/10 :lol: :D
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Hmm, I encountered a major problem. When the bothan spy tries to enable his cloak in certain regions, like at the foot of the big mountain (the one like in felucia), the game goes slowmotion and stays slowmotion untill you exit it to main menu. everything works but it goes very, very slow. This is really weird. It happened to me twice at the foot of the mountain. First time playing as a bothan spy, second time playing as Luke Skywalker. When playing as luke everything went great, untill I saw a bothan spy using his cloak ability. When playing as the bothan spy, everything went normal untill I used cloaking ability. Very weird.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

This happened to me at the foot of a hill while I was playing as Darth Vader.

Post Script - How the hell do you change avatars?
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

I actually haven't touched this map in about a week now... Been insanely busy with work and with my band...

I've never encountered the slo-mo bug... hmmm...

And yes, a lot of the custom maps crash in MP mode... as far as I know, no one's found a solution yet... If I'm wrong, please correct me, as I would LOVE to fix this map to work in MP...
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Any progress, yet? When, exactly, do you plan to release the new version?
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

froshthewookie~ ive encountered the slo-mo bug whever i play guin gon after awhile. Worst part is it takes a minute just to exit the game. nevertheless its a good map

uttaresh~ to change ur avatar scroll up till u find Profile and click that. then scroll down and you should find the option
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

I haven't been working on this map lately... First off, I'm working OT at my job, then my band started making tons of progress on our upcoming album, so I've been slaving over my guitar and PC trying to get everything perfect, then to top it off, I got REALLY sick (probably from working too hard) and could barely even get off the couch... I'm better now, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on this again... the band will be playing shows every weekend for a while now... maybe even all summer... (hopefully)... We'll see...
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by plokoon761 »

wat band?
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

I know this is incredibly off-topic, but we're called A Sunken Ship Irony
http://www.purevolume.com/asunkenshipirony

Yes, all the kids love us...
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Any updates by now?

This was one of my favorite maps..........

^Destroyer^
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

Sorry man... The band's doing a 7 song ep, followed shortly after by a 15 song full-length... This is consuming a HUGE amount of my time... on top of that, the job has been piling on the overtime... The bugs I need to fix are going to take some serious hours, which I don't have right now...
Last edited by froshthewookie on Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.