Desert Showdown 1.9 BETA... Testers Needed!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Should all the vehicles from XL mode also be in Conquest mode?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 32
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by plokoon761 »

gaaaaaa!!!! same happens 2 me! the map looks great, but as yt- 1300 said could u please upload it to somewhere else?
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by plokoon761 »

dude......18 dnloads and it worked the last time rofl
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

I told you people: Use Download Accelerator.
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

can you upload you map to another site
Ditto. It looks like you're going to get this request a lot. I've got an 8MB broadband connection and your file always knackers out where it is currently held. I've used flashget/download accelerator etc... in the past (when it made sense to.. i.e. with the old crappy slow 56k connections) however I'm loathed to fill up (and slow down) my pc with more unnecessary progs, sorry. I'm sure other people will and do feel the same way and this may hinder the propagation and ultimately the popularity of your map. Once I am able to download it I'll have a thorough look through for you.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Use Download Accelerator, and then un-install it. Simple.
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

OFF TOPIC : Thanks for the link, uttaresh.

ON TOPIC : I think the map is really cool. It has the ep IV feeling. I would like a few more vehicles (speeders etc) though as the map's quite big. Also you need to put many bots on because it's big, but if you do that it's really cool.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

i finally got it to work by download accelerator, now let's test it :)
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

I told you it would work. :)
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

hey i think i found a way to get this download to work

1. use firefox
2. click the link
3. choose save to disk
4. ok now leave that blank screen open
5. at about three percent or w/e it will say "all downloads have finsished"
6. close that blank screen and reclick the link, this will resume your download
7. repeat as many times as you need

hope that works for you guys :D

edit: well maybe i was wrong i got to like 90% before it started over
maybe it will work for you guys but as for me i dont have the patience to do this again so ill just wait for the new link
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

HOW MANY TIMES DO I SAY THIS???!!!! USE DOWNLOAD ACCELERATOR!!
uttaresh

Tset 2

Post by uttaresh »

I played all the modes again. So, here are a few more problems and suggestions:

1. Why does XL mode not have Tuskens and Jawas? It's not as interesting without them.

2. The XL points are set to 500 - but there are 1500 re-inforcements in Conquest mode. Aren't there supposed to more units in XL mode?

3. There is a 3 units limit for Droidekas even though there's a limit of 20 for all the other special troopers. I advise that you increase the Droideka count to 10.

4. In Conquest mode, the Republic has fewer units than the CIS. Why? Doesn't that unbalance the game in favour of the CIS?

5. Hero Assault in the CW era, the one with Maul and Qui-Gon dueling, has no AI units! Ummm... maybe I'm wrong, but shouln't there be someone to attack and slay? ;)

5. I checked again. I'm positive that there are no Jawas (or maybe so few that I never saw them) in Clone Wars Conquest Mode.

6. There are very few Rebel Marksmen (actually women) in the game. After playing 1 hour of CTF and conquest modes in GCW era, I only saw 3 rebel snipers! :(

7. Han has two fusion cutters - one as primary weapon, and the other as secondary.

8. Yes, I'm absolutely sure about the floating fusion cutter. Take a look at this if you don't believe me:

9. I found an AI path bug. This AT-RT keeps walking into this stone near the middle Republic command post of XL mode:

10. What is this? A destroyed droid riding a STAP!? :shock:

I know this is probably my PC's bug - but I think you should see it. :D

11. Finally, a suggestion. I have a great idea for Hunt mode - Anakin v/s Tusken Raiders!! You know, one Anakin Skywalker v/s an army of Tuskens, like when he was taking revenge for his mother in AOTC.

12. Another suggestion, put in the AT-XT in your CTF map. It can replace the IFT-X. I think it's present in Teancum's Dune Sea map, you could ask him for the model.

13. Yes, the Desert Skiff model is available - also in Teancum's Dune Sea map. But, I really think that you should put it with the Tuskens. It would be cool - Tuskens on a Skiff!

14. When Luke was on Tatooine - he didn't use Force Powers. So, I recommend that you remove his Force Push power. Maybe, give him a Blaster Rifle in Addition to his Lightsaber.

I hope all my pessimistic, criticising blabber doesn't discourage you - this is a great map. :)
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

Thank you Utteresh... No your "pessimistic" comments are what I am looking for to make this a truly great map... This is the first mod map I've ever created for any game, so I'm not 100% sure of what I am doing, hahah...
1. Why does XL mode not have Tuskens and Jawas? It's not as interesting without them.
I wasn't sure people wanted them in XL mode... If it seems more interesting, then I'll put them back in... Now that I think about it, it would be a lot of fun blasting Tuskens on the Impreial ATSTs...
2. The XL points are set to 500 - but there are 1500 re-inforcements in Conquest mode. Aren't there supposed to more units in XL mode?
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the reinforcements in Conquest are set to 275-300... I'll double check though...
3. There is a 3 units limit for Droidekas even though there's a limit of 20 for all the other special troopers. I advise that you increase the Droideka count to 10.
I rarely play as Droidekas, so I never noticed this... thanks for the heads up (I certainly don't want to offend the droideka fans, haha...)
4. In Conquest mode, the Republic has fewer units than the CIS. Why? Doesn't that unbalance the game in favour of the CIS?
Yes, the Republic/Alliance have fewer reinforcements than the CIS/Empire... I did this for 2 reasons...
a. The story behind the map was that the Rebels/Clones crash land on Tatooine during an evasive manuever... I wanted it to have somewhat of an "overwhelming?" feel to it...
b. The Jawas are friendly to the Alliance/Republic, and have their base closer to the CIS/Empire... So it made more sense to up their number a little bit to make it a little more fair...
5. Hero Assault in the CW era, the one with Maul and Qui-Gon dueling, has no AI units! Ummm... maybe I'm wrong, but shouln't there be someone to attack and slay? Wink
This is a bug that I'm currently working on... Temporarily there is a really crappy workaround... (see the ReadMe file)
5. I checked again. I'm positive that there are no Jawas (or maybe so few that I never saw them) in Clone Wars Conquest Mode.
You're the 2nd person to say this... Time to look over my LUAs...
6. There are very few Rebel Marksmen (actually women) in the game. After playing 1 hour of CTF and conquest modes in GCW era, I only saw 3 rebel snipers! Sad
Also... I'll have to look in my LUAs to figure this one out...
7. Han has two fusion cutters - one as primary weapon, and the other as secondary.
Han is a character made by the game developers... I guess naturally assumed he was complete, but it looks as though I may have to work on him a little...
8. Yes, I'm absolutely sure about the floating fusion cutter.
I believe you!
9. I found an AI path bug. This AT-RT keeps walking into this stone near the middle Republic command post of XL mode:
That's easy... I'll just put up a barrier. Thanks for finding that.
10. What is this? A destroyed droid riding a STAP!? Shocked
?!?!??!?!
11. Finally, a suggestion. I have a great idea for Hunt mode - Anakin v/s Tusken Raiders!! You know, one Anakin Skywalker v/s an army of Tuskens, like when he was taking revenge for his mother in AOTC.
This is a GREAT idea, and I'm pretty sure I'll put it into the game. Thank you.
12. Another suggestion, put in the AT-XT in your CTF map. It can replace the IFT-X. I think it's present in Teancum's Dune Sea map, you could ask him for the model.
I think I will...
13. Yes, the Desert Skiff model is available - also in Teancum's Dune Sea map. But, I really think that you should put it with the Tuskens. It would be cool - Tuskens on a Skiff!
I'm looking into it..
14. When Luke was on Tatooine - he didn't use Force Powers. So, I recommend that you remove his Force Push power. Maybe, give him a Blaster Rifle in Addition to his Lightsaber.

Yeah... I may replace force push with something less "force-ish"... You Star Wars doctrine Nazi's are SOOOOO picky, hahha...
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

If you have trouble downloading this one, get download accelerator... If you're STILL having troubles, PM me and I'll try to get you the map another way.
uttaresh

Partially correct

Post by uttaresh »

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the reinforcements in Conquest are set to 275-300... I'll double check though...
Yes, the re-inforcements are 275-300 in Conquest when you set it at 100% re-inforcements - but when you select 500% re-inforcements, you get 1375-1500 re-inforcements. That gives you a really intense, cool battle!!
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Yeah, maybe you should leave the reinforcements like that? This map calls for a BIG battle, I agree with Uttaresh, it's really cool with a lot of reinforcements.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Observe the reinforcements here:

BTW, the weirdest thing just happened! I was playing CW Conquest; I was with the Clones. After 5 minutes, I captured all the CIS' Command Posts - and killed all the droids. So now, I was fighting against Tuskens only! It was intense! Clones v/s Tuskens.

Speaking of Tuskens, I think their aim is too acurate and too fast. They fire faster than the Clone Commander's Chaingun and their aim is better than the sniper's! Please try to make the Tuskens' rifle over-heat like it does in the other SW games and the SW movies.

Another idea - why don't you put in another base with Jabba and the Pigs (Gammoreans).

EDIT - I found an error. This has happened twice now. In GCW Conquest mode, while playing as Darth Vader, the game either crashes or becomes very slow (so slow that it takes 10 seconds for the Blaster rifle to fire).

Think you should look into this.
uttaresh

Vehicles in Conquest

Post by uttaresh »

1. About your poll... I didn't mean all vehicles - just some more means of fast transportation. You could use an LAAT/i without it's weapons? Or maybe Bespin City's Cloud Car? You know, an alternative to the bikes.

2. Another idea - You could provide a few (maybe one) of the crashed LAAT/i with a gunning position. You know - as in Republic Commando.

3. Personally, I think you should remove Vader from this map. That's because in the Episode II AOTC book/novel, after killing the Tuskens (and after leaving Watto) - Anakin swears that he would never return to Tatooine.

4. About the other new faction that I mentioned (the Jabba faction) - you could use Boba Fett as their hero. I say so because Boba Fett is sometimes employed by Jabba. This is valid if you consider putiing in the extra faction.

5. Is there some way to give Tatooine Luke some other dialogue? When he had been on Tatooine - he was not as calm as the other Luke. He was kind of grumpy and irksome. Tell me if you can do this. I could provide you with the appropriate sound files.

That's all for now.

Off-Topic: Look at the time! It's 6.50 AM here! I didn't sleep at all!

EDIT - I have some Qui-Gon sounds. Do you want them? For your Jedi, I mean.
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

OK.... I added another download location, since so many people were having trouble with the other one:

http://www.savefile.com/files/6985790
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Another few ideas:

1. The crashed / ruined vehicles should not be green - but maroonish brown. I say this because I don't think fungus/moss can grow since it's a barren world with very little water / water-vapour. So, could you change them to look more rusty than green?

2. The Republic's middle base, I think that the turrets should be on the houses, you know. To give the gunners more view. Also, I think that base is too vulnerable to the Tusken base. I mean, I capture any base and they capture this! So, could you also add some auto-turrets to the base in conquest mode? You know - the same auto-turrets that are their in Hoth's CTF and the last Campaign Mission.

3. Every hero has some background theme. Every hero. So, I was thinking - maybe you should give Qui-Gon his theme, too. I have the perfect theme for him in mind. I'd give you the music file - but I don't have the Episode I Soundtack. Anyway - I was thinking about in Episode I, when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, at the beginning, are being attacked by droids in the Federation's Starship - and when they're trying to melt the Viceroy's doors. That would be appropriate for Qui-Gon.

4. The Tuskens have green-coloured bolts - but they should have yellow as in the movies. Could you do that?

5. I was thinking - is it possible for you to actually put a mirage like the one *cough*I had*cough*?

Some more pyschotic, foolish gibberish coming soon!

EDIT - One your front page, you've mentioned that you provided skiffs near the Tusken base. That's good - but are you sure the Tuskens can use them?

Hmmm... For some reason - my photos are beginning to give errors. I'll try using a different location from now.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

What is this little guy doing ingame? http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0059tm.jpg
For the guys who didnt see this little guy yet, it also moves :shock: http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0062ul.jpg

^Destroyer^