Desert Showdown 1.9 BETA... Testers Needed!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Should all the vehicles from XL mode also be in Conquest mode?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 32
froshthewookie

Desert Showdown 1.9 BETA... Testers Needed!

Post by froshthewookie »

Desert Showdown v1.9 BETA is here:
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room20/5 ... wn_v19.zip
and here:
http://www.savefile.com/files/6985790

I worked HARD on improving this map... Try it even if you hated the first version... More info in the Readme file...

EDIT - Worklog:
- Get vehicle sounds working
- Improve Qui Gon (get him looking better)
- Add locals to CTF and XL modes - *(FIXED!)
- Add skiff near the Tusken camp - *(FIXED!)
- Fix bugs in the LUA files - *(FIXED!)
- Fix localize bug - *(FIXED!)
- Fix Stormtrooper Han and Luke bugs
- Fix AI bug in Qui Gon vs Darth Maul mode
- New hunt mode - where Anakin goes postal on the Tuskens.
- Put some sort of gun on the Landspeeders - *(FIXED!)
- Re-color crashed ships to look less swampish and more desertish - *(FIXED!)
Last edited by froshthewookie on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Murdocr

RE: Desert Showdown 1.9 BETA... Testers Needed!

Post by Murdocr »

downloading now, will give feedback when i have played.

EDIT: played it. great update. you obviously spent a lot of time on it.

1 bug: the tuskens and jawas need localising, but i could have sworn it wasn't like that in the previous version?

i know you are working on vehicle sounds so i won't count that as a bug.

great work.
8)

RE: Desert Showdown 1.9 BETA... Testers Needed!

Post by Guest »

I didn`t founded serious bugs.
uttaresh

Tested

Post by uttaresh »

So I just tested the map. It's fabulous, but it still has some problems. Here are a few suggestions and bugs:

1. Qui Gon Jinn looks very weird. :cry: He has no resemblence whatsoever to the movie's Qui Gon. Also, his posture is not correct. If you can't fix him, I suggest you replace him with Anakin or Obi-Wan for the time being.

2. What are the astromech droids for? I mean are they just present for decoration, or do they do something?

3. The map needs more vehicles in Conquest mode. Add one AT-TE, some AT-RTs, and some IFT Tanks for the Clones, some Spider Walkers and AATs for the droids, one AT-AT and a few AT-STs for the Imperials, and the Speeder Tank for the Rebels.

4. You mentioned Jawas, but I didn't even see one!

5. There are just too many Tuskens! The Clones, Imperials, Rebels, and Droids have grand armies, not the Tuskens. I suggest you reduce them to half.

6. However, in CTF - there are no Tuskens and plenty of vehicles! If you keep vehicles, you might want to add Tuskens to the map to make it more challenging and fun.

7. You should also put in a Sarlacc Pitt somewhere.

8. You could also provide some air support by putting in an LAAT/i, a Droid Gunship, an Imperial Shuttle, and a few starship fighters.

9. I was thinking, maybe you could provide an entrance to the Interiors of one of the Sand Crawlers. You could get the layouts and design form Jedi Academy.

10. Put in a few Desert Skiffs for the Tuskens.

11. Your new Luke has a Blaster Rifle when you spawn with him - but when you change weapons, he gets a permanent pistol. Weird.
:?
12. Han Solo's fusion cutter is floating in the air. :(

13. The Speeders in the GCW era should have atleast one gunner position - atleast a pistol!

14. Mirage! :shock:

Here's a mirage:

At first, you see:

Then, you see:

At last, you see the building:

Now, did you mean to show a mirage, or is this a bug?

Sorry the third picture isn't in the speeder, I got killed.

EDIT - Uploaded photo url.
Last edited by uttaresh on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

My download isn't working, it doesn't dowload anything for me. Could u upload it at http://www.savefile.com???

^Destroyer^
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Download doesn't work for me either. It stops at 9 mb and tells me the file is corrupted :?
Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Epena »

uttaresh--That 'mirage' is caused by your Visibility and LOD settings. Crank them up if your computer can handle it and you won't see it anymore. ;)
Murdocr

Re: Tested

Post by Murdocr »

uttaresh wrote:
dude ther are some in your pictures?
uttaresh

RE: Re: Tested

Post by uttaresh »

I didn't see even one Jawa in Clone era, I meant. Sorry.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

froshthewookie plzz upload it on another site. The more i try to download it, the faster it stops downloading. Just a sec ago i tryed and it didn't came further then 224 kb!!.

^Destroyer^
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Try using Download Managers like Download Accelerator
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

yea man the download doesnt work for me either

gets to about 4% before crapping out

filefront or savefile?
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Use Download Accelerator. It makes it work to 100%.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

:shock: Whats download accelerator????

^Destroyer^

Post by Guest »

^Destroyer^
For example: FlashGet.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

I don't get that either :/ Well i don't know how to download on a different way, i think we dont got those things, if u upload it somewhere else i can download it. I just need a normal download site.

^Destroyer^
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Download Accelerator is a programme that allows you to speed up, slow down, schedule, pause, resume, and manage downloads.

Here's a link for downloading:

http://www.speedbit.com/

It's the first link - so, you cannot miss it.
YT-1300

Re: RE: Desert Showdown 1.9 BETA... Testers Needed!

Post by YT-1300 »

Murdocr wrote:downloading now, will give feedback when i have played.

EDIT: played it. great update. you obviously spent a lot of time on it.

1 bug: the tuskens and jawas need localising, but i could have sworn it wasn't like that in the previous version?

i know you are working on vehicle sounds so i won't count that as a bug.

great work.
8)
yeh i cant get the download to work either. howd you guys get it to work.
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

Thanks for taking the time to play this map... For the record:
1. Qui Gon Jinn looks very weird. Crying or Very sad He has no resemblence whatsoever to the movie's Qui Gon. Also, his posture is not correct. If you can't fix him, I suggest you replace him with Anakin or Obi-Wan for the time being.
I'm still working on him... I may end up doing a reskin of Anakin instead... not sure yet...

2. What are the astromech droids for? I mean are they just present for decoration, or do they do something?
They just run around... I figured, if the Rebels crashed a fleet of X-wings, their droids would be with them... You can blow them up if they annoy you... hehehe....
3. The map needs more vehicles in Conquest mode. Add one AT-TE, some AT-RTs, and some IFT Tanks for the Clones, some Spider Walkers and AATs for the droids, one AT-AT and a few AT-STs for the Imperials, and the Speeder Tank for the Rebels.
The XL mode has a ton of vehicles... I'd like to try to preserve Conquest mode as closely as possible to V1.0, and add extra modes for people who want more vehicles... This was originally intended to be an on foot map...
There are a ton of Jawas... I will double check my code though...
5. There are just too many Tuskens! The Clones, Imperials, Rebels, and Droids have grand armies, not the Tuskens. I suggest you reduce them to half.
I'll take another look at the code for this one...
6. However, in CTF - there are no Tuskens and plenty of vehicles! If you keep vehicles, you might want to add Tuskens to the map to make it more challenging and fun.
I am going to set the 3rd and 4th factions how they are in Conquest mode for CTF... Make it more challenging... Thanks for the feedback... I love CTF mode, but haven't played it much in this map... Mostly working on Conquest and XL...
7. You should also put in a Sarlacc Pitt somewhere.
Nah... I already used a lot of stuff from Dune Sea... I want to keep this one a little bit original...
8. You could also provide some air support by putting in an LAAT/i, a Droid Gunship, an Imperial Shuttle, and a few starship fighters.
No...
9. I was thinking, maybe you could provide an entrance to the Interiors of one of the Sand Crawlers. You could get the layouts and design form Jedi Academy.
I took the models from BF1 and don't know how to make my own... sorry....
10. Put in a few Desert Skiffs for the Tuskens.
Hmmm... maybe... Is there a skiff model somewhere I can use?
11. Your new Luke has a Blaster Rifle when you spawn with him - but when you change weapons, he gets a permanent pistol. Weird.
Confused
Really? I'll look into this...
12. Han Solo's fusion cutter is floating in the air. Sad
Another detail I missed... Thanks beta testers!!!!
13. The Speeders in the GCW era should have atleast one gunner position - atleast a pistol!
Yes... I'm going to try to work out the code to get the blasters in the front of the landspeeders to fire (like in Dune Sea)
14. Mirage!
That problem lies in your video settings... I can't fix it...

Thank you... I will retreat back to my laboratory and try to fix some of this stuff...[/quote]
YT-1300

Post by YT-1300 »

can you upload you map to another site. im not able to download it from where you have it now. the download ends like after 10% and says the file is corruppted or something like that. :?