Mappack 1 for SWBF2! Best modder/maps for April!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

What map do you think is best for Mappack 1 for swbf2

Corusaunt Senate Chamber
18%
Kashyyyk: Kachirio
5%
Ep.2 Geonosis Offensive
31%
Utapau: Assault
4%
Coruscant: Order 66
4%
Hypori: Grevious Attacks
9%
Alderaan Final
8%
Raxus Prime
22%

Total votes: 114
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Mappack 1 for SWBF2! Best modder/maps for April!

Post by guru »

Its time to set into history , the best of the first mods for SWBF2! We have over 50 beta maps flowing around the forums and many alphas. So much time goes into planning and creating these maps , its time to showcase the best of the best and get them exposed. We are looking to place the top 10 voted maps into the mappack1 for release May 1st.

This mappack will expose the modders works to over 100,000 more players and let everyone else see how important your works are!

I ask that people who want to be considered please post the map and a url to said map in this topic, of which i will be testing over the next 30 days and posting an updated poll so user on gametoast can vote for the maps they love the most!

Rends conversions will also be in the mappack so 10 maps is all we need! I know its hard with all the maps floating around but any map that isnt alpha/beta can be added to the poll. Those with download/upload issues please contact leviathan or myself via email/pm and let us know what you need to get your file on the site here or any questions you may have.

Best 10 maps will be posted on main page Of gametoast with honors and screenshots for all to see!

Keep up the great work everyone and IM looking forward to adding as many maps as we can gather to the voting poll in this topic! (coming soon)

So go ahead, played a mod map for swbf2 that has got to be made famous? post the info here to the map and let everyone vote for the modders masterpiece!
Last edited by guru on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
^Destroyer^

RE: Mappack 1 for SWBF2! Best modder/maps for April!

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Galactic Senate, i always loved it from the movie and its awsome in game to!! :D
yoyam

RE: Mappack 1 for SWBF2! Best modder/maps for April!

Post by yoyam »

what about RHEN VARS??????
both the Citadel and Harbor should be on there
Bakura: town assault is good too
and Geonosis: spire and the Caverns map and Saleucami
and Raxus Prime which is incredible, that map was made to be played on multiplayer

i know i know alot of these are still betas but the ones i just named off are very polished and complete with little or no problems

to be truthful Mos Eisley is more a beta than any of these maps
I hope that the creators of these maps will give thier consent and put these maps in or take off the beta stickers so ppl can have these maps together in one place.
(plus a mappack would be a great idea when trying to create servers :lol: )
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

good deal!

Post by guru »

Adding those now. Keep the good map tips rolling. I want everyone to get involved in choosing the best maps for this, possibly some tv time for this mappack:) more info later>........
OGEB1103

RE: good deal!

Post by OGEB1103 »

Guru, i think you should remove the Kashyyyk: Kachirko map off cos jangoisbaddest and i are working together and i don't think we are anywhere ready with it and it would mean delaying the release of the mappack if it is voted on.
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

sorry not a link to a map, just a quick question. I'm assuming that the mappack would be a totally seperate one to the one containing SWBF1 conversions? Have a mappack purely dedicated to the SWBF1 conversions and then another one (for starters) for other maps. I know that people have been working hard on the conversions so I figure they should get just as much credit for their work. Would the mappack contents work like this or would it be a mixed variety of a couple of SWBF1 conversion maps and a majority of other final stage works?
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Rhen Var's Rule !!! But also Tatooine : Dune sea (0.75) is great!!!! And Yavin IV Arena (final)!!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

ALL of the BF1 conversions have been pulled, as they will be released as a pack in conjunction with the TAW clan
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

oh cool

Teancum when is that mappack going to be out?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

We're shooting for the 22nd of April, but it just depends. I suppose I could give you a status report however:

NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, each map has Conquest, CTF, 1-Flag CTF, Hero Assault and XL

*Rhen Var: Citadel - in progress by TAW_Pinx - Very playable, but not complete (needs some modes fixed up, touch ups here and there) I hope to get a few bugfixes/new heroes in before release.
*Rhen Var: Harbour - in progress by Darth-Derkie - He got all modes working, but I haven't heard from him in awhile. Whatever is the current version will be in.
*Geonosis: Spire - in progress by Darth-Derkie - He got all modes working, but I haven't heard from him in awhile. Whatever is the current version will be in.
*Kashyyyk: Islands - in progress by TAW_Artemis - Coming along very nicely. I think he's putting in Hunt mode. Should be at version 1.0 on release date.
*Kashyyyk: Docks - in progress by TAW_Artemis - Coming along very nicely. I think he's putting in Hunt mode. Should be at version 1.0 on release date.
*Naboo: Theed - in progress by TAW_Artemis - Coming along very nicely. He's putting in Hunt mode. Should be at version 1.0 on release date. The final version will have fixes for those nasty wallhackers.
*Naboo: Plains - in progress by TAW_Artemis - At version 1.0. It's complete aside from additional game modes. The pack will probably only have version 1.0. Future versions will have CTF, 1-Flag CTF, HUNT, and XL (no Hero Assault)
*Tatooine: Dune Sea - worked on by Teancum - Finishing up killing some bugs, then it's off to figure out sounds for vehicles
*Yavin 4: Arena - worked on by Teancum - 1.0 is out, version 1.1 (for the pack) will include bugfixes and death regions in the walls for those pesky hackers
*Bespin: Cloud City - worked on by Teancum - New beta was released today, need more feedback / bug reports before I make it 1.0
*Bespin: Platforms - everything works, aside from lightsaber sounds (in modes aside from Hero Assault) and I need to fix up some vehicles in XL. New beta should be out soon to test.
valiant
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by valiant »

My Utapau: Assault map is up there! YAY!

Post by Guest »

I like old map for SWB2 by Teancum, TAW_Artemis, Darth-Derkie.
I like new version by Stager00 and valiant (Utapau and new BIG battle on Geonosis and Kashyyyk Kachircho)
And i like Alderaaan (camoflage ARCs and scatter gun!)

Hm.. i like all! :)
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Yes, I do appreciate Alderaan being up there. If it makes it into this map pack, I hope it'll get me some publicity and get some more people to play my maps. Plus, it'll put everyone up to date with the correct and final version, since I know that the betas and such I released earlier are probably still floating around out there, and I want everything up to date. It's been such a mess with all the different versions, that I don't think I'm going to ever really publically release different versions like that again... just give it to dedicated beta testers.

But yeah, please, please, please if Alderaan is able to make it in, try to get the correct version. I don't want even more betas floating out there. Here's the link.

I, myself, want Raxis Prime in there the most. That was most definitely an awesome map.
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

As we need 10 maps and all of these ones are good we just need 3 more maps to put in the pack, I suggest mos varneil, and underated map, one of the first for BF2, any other completed maps would work, I have all of them so it doesn't matter to me
Principe_Azul

Post by Principe_Azul »

I suggest we include 'My First Map' by PaNzErgsp, I am not sure if it is in final form or beta stage, nevertheless I have not seen PaNzErgsp around for ages, so whether or not he will be continuing with this map is unknown.

I mean come on man this map is a classic not only because it was the first but mainly due to its simplicity and fun factor, just PWNAGE 24/7 on this map and it would be a good introduction point for anyone new to mod maps and a messing around jumping and jiving server.

I am also in favour of Bakura: Town Assault by PaNzErgsp!
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

I voted for Raxus Prime. So many forms of pwnage.

I like Bakura as well, but it's not copleted, soo...

A second choice would have been Schizo's Alderann, it's pretty sweet even if its gameplay style isn't my favorite.
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

I voted for EP2 Geo. It's so cool!
On close second was Courscant
On third was Utapau, it just needs some adjustments *cough*Shotgun overpowered*cough*
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

Ep2 Geonosis is awesome, particularly the fact that there are AI heroes running around. A close second was Coruscant: Order 66, which for me has replaced the shipped Coruscant as THE Jedi Temple map.
manco

Post by manco »

i voted for alderan that map is so cool the arc captin is ace is gun is amazing i just make heroic last stands with him at one of the bases he can kill lots before he goes down
valiant
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by valiant »

Please add my map. It was the 1st of its kind.