Naboo: Theed Conversion

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

TAWArtemis

Naboo: Theed Conversion

Post by TAWArtemis »

http://files.filefront.com/TheedStableB ... einfo.html

4/1 - I found the light bloom problem. I am correcting it now. I added hunt mode. I found sky file error on all my maps and I am correcting.

FYI - Naboo Gaurds have msh and/or odf errors and I am reworking them for hunt mode.

Theed
Port of the original
Turrets Added
Camera angles fixed
Hero mode added
1flag added
Fixed fountains
Fixed Water so it was waves, no mirror

Do we want standard or custom heros? I was thinking Naboo Queen from 1 player...

This is a stable beta release. I NEED feedback on changes for map pack
Last edited by TAWArtemis on Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Naboo: Theed Conversion

Post by plokoon761 »

kool, i liked that lvl., now it wont be so dang dark! thanx for porting this
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Operating rather smoothly so far Artemis! But wow, need sunglasses to play this one 8) Terrain light blooms are huge.
The only other thing I saw so far is one of the CTF CP's is levitating slightly. One on top of the area where a stairway leads up to it on either side.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

squipple wrote:Operating rather smoothly so far Artemis! But wow, need sunglasses to play this one 8) Terrain light blooms are huge.
The only other thing I saw so far is one of the CTF CP's is levitating slightly. One on top of the area where a stairway leads up to it on either side.
So darker? You guys are hard to please, one maps is too light the next is too dark... j/k

What spawn is floating? Who do we want on hunt? who on heros? I like some of the GT heros so I might use the ones Teancum sent me.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Here's some screenies.

The terrain brightness looks ok, it's the light bloom (glow) that makes you feel like you need some shades. 8) Sometimes an enemy can be right in front of you and the light bloom completely washes them out so you don't even know they're there.

Here's the floating CP (in CTF). Hopefully you can tell by the view and map where it is.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

WOW!

Your card does something very different from mine on that ground. I will fix and repost a new version soon.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

I'm not at home, so I can't test it right now, but I'm thinking that's just the 'light bloom' setting in the in-game video settings. You might want to check to see if you've got that turned on. If not, try turning it on and see if you get similar results.
All my settings were on high with light bloom on as well when I took those screens.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

TAWArtemis wrote:
squipple wrote:Operating rather smoothly so far Artemis! But wow, need sunglasses to play this one 8) Terrain light blooms are huge.
So darker? You guys are hard to please, one maps is too light the next is too dark... j/k

What spawn is floating? Who do we want on hunt? who on heros? I like some of the GT heros so I might use the ones Teancum sent me.
Hunt mode could easily be the Naboo Queen and the Naboo Guards. Just make the Queen a Leia clone and make her the hero, and the Guards be 2-3 different standard units.l

Nice work as always, Artemis. Let me know if you want some of the Yavin heroes. I'd be glad to catch you on XFire. (Won't be till Monday)
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

tean, naboo queen is actually a playable unit so there is no need to use leia. but other than that i agree with the hunt mode think. that would be cool.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

IDEA:

Hunt (Clone Wars): Gungans vs. CIS
Hunt (Galactic Civil War): Queen and Guards vs. Empire
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

BF2-Master wrote:IDEA:

Hunt (Clone Wars): Gungans vs. CIS
Hunt (Galactic Civil War): Queen and Guards vs. Empire
I like the idea of 2 version. Same with heros. A cw and gcw. Good idea.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

squipple wrote:I'm not at home, so I can't test it right now, but I'm thinking that's just the 'light bloom' setting in the in-game video settings. You might want to check to see if you've got that turned on. If not, try turning it on and see if you get similar results.
All my settings were on high with light bloom on as well when I took those screens.
Ok. I fixed the light bloom on the ground. The sky is a mess. I changed the ambient values but it has no effect. How do I reduce sky glage?

Post by Guest »

Good conversion. Day Theed - nostalgia!
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

So..Umh..Let me get things straith...This is just the originally Naboo from SWBFII, exept the sun is shining?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Aksel', if you referred to this thread's title, you would guess that the level TAWArtemis mentioned here is a conversion of the "Naboo : Theed" level shipping with Star Wars Battlefront I, and intended to this LucasArts game's sequel... :wink:
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

Well, how is it diffrent from the SWBFII one?
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

The layout is slightly different... In fact, it may be WAY different... I don't remember... It's been a while since I busted out BF1... Download it and play it... you'll most likely notice the changes...
NegativeSmiley

Post by NegativeSmiley »

I can think of 1 or 2 things that are different. Mainly a garden here and there but other than that I can only think of the sky and new vehicles. And also the ability to jump around in the water and survive.
froshthewookie

Post by froshthewookie »

Played through this version of Theed and had no problems at all, except the battle seemed to end too quickly... maybe you could up the number of reinforcements?
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

NegativeSmiley wrote:I can think of 1 or 2 things that are different. Mainly a garden here and there but other than that I can only think of the sky and new vehicles. And also the ability to jump around in the water and survive.
The sides spawn in different places (original places). I added hero mode, 1 flag, hunt.