Kashyyyk Docks 1.1

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

TAWArtemis

Kashyyyk Docks 1.1

Post by TAWArtemis »

Filefront is back up

http://files.filefront.com/KashyyykDock ... einfo.html

Docks
1.1 Update
Map is Lighter at request of just about everyone
Water has small waves to remove the "mirror" effect
Camera angles fixed
That white light around the platforms has been removed, along with my sanity in figuring it out!
Moved Small Island Spawn point in Hero Mode to the Beach
Stagered Hero Spwans so both sides do not start with 1 side of the map. Mixed for better action.
Added Hunt Mode CW. Wooike v Magna (like the Hunt in the new Kashyyyk)
Added HUNT Mode GCW as sniper v sniper

THE MAP WORKS ONLINE - I did test with a mapinfo.txt I tossed together and got it working in DS manager with about 5 users and we ran through all game modes.

Unless errors are found this is my planned release version for the MAP pack.

Let me know what you think. Thanks to Teancum for his feedback and advice.
Last edited by TAWArtemis on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Y2g2006

RE: Kashyyyk Docks 1.1

Post by Y2g2006 »

Not to diss you or anything, but wouldn't it have been better to just edit your origional thread?

Thats just what other authors have been doing with their maps.

Not a big deal, but it would decrease what little clutter the board has.

I'll be downloading this now.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Probably. Can one of the moderators consolidate these?
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

Super improvement from the last one, Artemis! The lighting is great, no more white fringe, and the water looks SO much better. I'm almost glad filfront was down for you, cuz I'm gonna enjoy the sniper vs sniper battle with friends :)
The only thing I can see is that the minimaps are off in CTF and hunt modes. I can't remember if assault mode is off too. From reading other threads, sounds like you might be in the proces of fixing that already.
TAWArtemis

Re: RE: Kashyyyk Docks 1.1

Post by TAWArtemis »

squipple wrote:Super improvement from the last one, Artemis! The lighting is great, no more white fringe, and the water looks SO much better. I'm almost glad filfront was down for you, cuz I'm gonna enjoy the sniper vs sniper battle with friends :)
The only thing I can see is that the minimaps are off in CTF and hunt modes. I can't remember if assault mode is off too. From reading other threads, sounds like you might be in the proces of fixing that already.
Yeah I am on it. I now have the reason and the fix. I have not tried it yet but it is gonna happen soon.
Murdocr

RE: Re: RE: Kashyyyk Docks 1.1

Post by Murdocr »

downloading now. it should be good. filefront is back up, but barely. i'm getting speeds of around 25kb/s
Last edited by Murdocr on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I'll just close the other thread. It's no big deal that you made a new one.

@ Artemis -- if you have any minimap problems, don't forget about the new fix Penguin discovered.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Yeah I saw that. I am going to play with it later. I don't think it is a big enough issue for a whole new release yet. Maybe for map pack...
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Annyoing doing this as trial and error on the minimap. Almost there. If anyone has a formula for this let me know.