Mustafar Duel V1.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Stager00

Mustafar Duel V1.0

Post by Stager00 »

This map I made so that my kids and I could play a Mustafar Duel. It has ONLY ANAKIN and Obiwan. I did enhance the battle area of Mustafar to better relfect the movie(Falling walkways....platforms high above lava...etc). You can duel the AI but its more fun online(the BOTS are still a bit stupid..although the AI does seem to "hunt" you). I left command posts for conquest in it so you can "track" the AI and go fight him as he tries to capture them. Its a big map so finding him is a bit hard without the flashing red dots.

Im considering this a BETA release. In other words, if its well liked Ill keep improving it. If not, itl'l serve its original purpose of entertaining me and my kids. =)

Screens: http://www.savefile.com/files/7526444
MOD: http://www.savefile.com/files/8158911
MOD Alternate:
http://rapidshare.de/files/16683942/Mus ... 0.zip.html

Planned improvements: First-person combat/more command posts/Animated falling objects.

Bugs: Changing sides in the middle of a match sometimes produces the effect of two obiwan's or anakins at the same time. I recommend re-starting the level if you want to switch sides in single player.

Also, Music was removed for atmosphere...I may put it back in if its wanted.
Last edited by Stager00 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Narlie-Charlie

RE: Mustafar Duel V1.0

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

The download button takes me to a searchbox. Im sure it will be great though. After all you are the one who brought us the Geonosis Offensive Simulator!
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Could you give another link?? This one wont work.
PaganJedi

Post by PaganJedi »

Why?! Why must all the good maps be on Savefile! The accursed site never lets me download.. :cry:
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Ahh i got it to work now, never mind
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by plokoon761 »

that map was awsome, but u should also add more troops in offline, its really hard to find anyone, or you could add a assault, thatd be fun offline, but ya that map was great, its what the first one shoulda been 10/10. :)
EmperorDonkey

Post by EmperorDonkey »

NICE, Finally! I love it.

anyone wanna play one on one right now?

i'll be on all night looking for an oponent so PM me! :D
ex2100

Post by ex2100 »

wait didnt you say the platform will be in it, i couldnt find it
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i really think you should see about adding in some dramatic ep3 music, it could add a LOT to the atmosphere. nice additions, but there are a couple of objects that you can fall through, the walkways are invisible from underneath, and you can fall through the terrain around the edges of the map.
EmperorDonkey

Post by EmperorDonkey »

anyone at all wanna playonline?!?!

I mean u cant really experience it until you have online 1 v 1....
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

Ill play...I got a few minutes.
EmperorDonkey

Post by EmperorDonkey »

Alright so it was pretty cool online. Sorta like hide and seek lol.

Cant wait for Geo ep2 final.
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

Would have been better if we had stayed on the walkways and the fallen arm...
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

PaganJedi wrote:Why?! Why must all the good maps be on Savefile! The accursed site never lets me download.. :cry:
Same here coyuuld you please upload to fiefront rapidshare or bandango
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

you should add some other platforms near cp.1 and some more ground areas, thatll be fun
OMEGA

Post by OMEGA »

Great idea! Although it's missing a little sumthin sumthin :wink: Add these two tracks, and you're good as gold! :

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
http://savefile.com/files/4178071

Battle of the Heroes
http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=7456283

Great map, although I think it should have an area of earth down near the lava called "The High Ground" if you know what I mean. :wink: If you could get that broken energy collector about halfway down a lavafall of some sort, that would be solid! 8)

Great work!
Jessicka

Post by Jessicka »

Like Omegae said, you definitely need those two tracks. Stager I really like your stuff. You capture certain elements of the films or just gameplay that really feels right to me. I love a lot of the other maps people release, but I have to say yours are just really great. This one is another good map. Thanks for releasing this to us.
benkenobi

Post by benkenobi »

ooh lol

uh

me too
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

could you upload to filefront, or if it is being buggy like some have said, rapid share or
banango.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : OMEGA, I do not want to criticize negatively your suggestions intended to this Star Wars Battlefront II level, but might I know if you've got the authorizations required to upload freely a few Star Wars Episode III : Revenge of the Sith Sound-Tracks on a "dedicated" place like SaveFile ?