space death star I:beta released

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

11of3

space death star I:beta released

Post by 11of3 »

My first map for battlefront 2 is now ready to be tested.This is a space map with NO cap ships!.Rebels spawn from the base on Yavin 4 and imperials from inside a hanger in the death star.Gameplay wise it is just dogfighting.I have used a few tricks/odd ideas in this map which you will either love or hate!Forgot to put some thank yous in the readm so thanks to schizo for helping with sky and near/far settings,squibble for the sphere and everybody who posts on gametoast.There`s so much knowledge feedback and ideas here.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1674584
Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: space death star I:beta released

Post by Epena »

Hecks yes!!

Downloading now.
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

As I already mentioned in the announcement thread, I loved it. Hope you tell us your secrets some day, I already have ideas on how to use some stuff you did. ^_^
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Sweet mother of mercy, it's finally out!

You know I'm downloading this.
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

Incredible! Thats all I can say!
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Sweet! and on my birthday too!
PaganJedi

Post by PaganJedi »

Could we get a hosting site besides savefile? That place never works for me and I'd love to give this map a try :(
darth-jedi

Post by darth-jedi »

I would like to include this map in my space map pack.

Is it all right if I do that?

It is a very great map and it would fit perfectly.

If so, post a message here for me to find

Thank you.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

How do The Rebels win? Do we just shoot down that engine thing?
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

u kill things lol
jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by jangoisbaddest »

Just played, and of course, the ideas in this map are increadible. However, I have one suggestion - or, rather, a beg: PLEASE make the trench smaller. It's massive. You're pretty much going straight down into it to hit the exhaust port, and it takes forever to decend to its level. What I reccomend is that you make a trench that does not start right at the beginning of the surface (so the fighters will have to get past the battle above the trench in order to get to it) and then make the trench much, much smaller, but longer (so it doesn't seem like a pit, but rather an actual trench, and fighters are actually encouraged to run along the trench instead of going straight down into it). That, I think, would make the gameplay much more interesting, and center the game more around a chase through the trench (for humans, at least). That's the only thing I can suggest - everything else is awsome!
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

I like the dogfight action on this one, but I'd like to have other ships to play as. I also don't like it that there's a death region inside the hangar. Blocking off the doorways, or just making them non-accessible (like the side rooms are in 1-flag) should be good enough.
Making the turrets operable would be cool too. And, I agree with the trench depth. It's pretty deep, and takes a while to get down there.
This map would work really nice for CTF, putting a goal on each end of the trench.
Delta-038

Post by Delta-038 »

jangoisbaddest wrote:Just played, and of course, the ideas in this map are increadible. However, I have one suggestion - or, rather, a beg: PLEASE make the trench smaller. It's massive. You're pretty much going straight down into it to hit the exhaust port, and it takes forever to decend to its level. What I reccomend is that you make a trench that does not start right at the beginning of the surface (so the fighters will have to get past the battle above the trench in order to get to it) and then make the trench much, much smaller, but longer (so it doesn't seem like a pit, but rather an actual trench, and fighters are actually encouraged to run along the trench instead of going straight down into it). That, I think, would make the gameplay much more interesting, and center the game more around a chase through the trench (for humans, at least). That's the only thing I can suggest - everything else is awsome!
YES.......Someone agrees with me!:) Yea.............Aside to what the person said above me (which is to DEFINITELY make the trench smaller, longer and have the walls of the trench be A LOT more close together) is to add ambience, WAY better lighting and adjust the scale of the surface but keep the size of the map. Basically, all of the textures and landscape of the Death Star surface should be reduced in size relative to the overall size of the map to allow the surface to appear to be more in depth and detailed.
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

DLing it right now. When i saw this my first thought was yes, finally!
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

Wow one of the best maps i have ever played, including those from SWBF1. I think its a very unique map that was the first ever to actually grasp the feeling of fighting above the death star. Its amazing that this is still a beta, but awesome job :D
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Didn't get a chance to play as the Empire yet, but the only real suggestion I have is to at LEAST add some A-Wings.

And I don't think I saw any interceptors either, but like I said... didn't play as Empire yet. IF thats the case... I'd say add some of those too to even things out against the A-Wings.
EmperorDonkey

Post by EmperorDonkey »

He's going for realism. At this point(ANH) there was no A-Wings because w/e planet that manufactured them ahd to yet to join the alliance.
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

Variety > Realism

Thats all I have to say on that matter.

The X-Wings torpedos very seldom hit... The Y-Wing is pretty useless. Theres absolutely no way the destroy every turret.

Lets face it... Interceptors and A-Wings are usually what makes the maps interesting (if you ask me).
OMEGA

Post by OMEGA »

Exellent, EXELLENT MAP!! By far the best attempt I've seen at this spectacular battle! Add this and it will be gold! :wink: :
http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=4612596

Sorry to advertise like this, but if you have a STAR WARS MUSIC REQUEST, post what you need for your map here: index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4406

Yeah, the trench could stand to be a little smaller, and destroying that main port should trigger an automatic victory for the Rebels. Other than that, this map is by far the best space map out there!

Post by Guest »

11of3
your first map for SWB2 is fantastic!