space death star I:beta released

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

yeah very nice detail to it
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Great skin! I cant wait!
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

Great skin! I cant wait!
well not exactly a skin :P but whatever... its kewl. :)
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Talibanman wrote:
Great skin! I cant wait!
well not exactly a skin :P but whatever... its kewl. :)
Yeah, the skin for the deathstar, I know its a map! :?
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I think the trench should be a bit deeper. Deep - Wide = not very authentic =P But anyways, this looks awsome.
11of3

Post by 11of3 »

thanks everybody for the feedback.I am still working away at this map and when it is ready for a version 1 release it should be a lot better than the beta.(but no a-wings,etc in version 1!)
DakkerDB

Post by DakkerDB »

Wise choice. Will be waiting for it. ^_^
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

Yeah, the skin for the deathstar, I know its a map!
actually it's called a texture but it's ok...
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Do'h forgot, skin is for people and vehicles, textures for the actual level itself :(
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

Issues and all im still playing the first beta.

Cant wait for the second version!!
jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jangoisbaddest »

Narrower, shallower, longer trench + better AI + new textures + mannable turrets (hopefully) + trench run mechanics = nearly infinate joy
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

Very nice ideas! I love the transition from the planet.

Only things I didn't like was the fact that the ships only fly about 1 mile per hour for some reason even with boost on I was still flying slow? (kind of hard to dogfight slow) And the trench could be skinner.

It would be cool if you could get the engine at the end of the trench to me worth more points when destroyed and if there your could be some way to repair it from imp hangar!

Last thing, if you put the Falcons mesh in a fly ODF you can make it flyable! :wink:

Good job! Needs a little polishing but you've done well with what was available. :D
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Vyse wrote:It would be cool if you could get the engine at the end of the trench to me worth more points when destroyed and if there your could be some way to repair it from imp hangar!
Why would the exhaust port be repairable?! Destroying it would blow up the whole space station... I mean... yeah... it should trigger an instant win for the Rebels if destroyed. And be a lot stronger than it already is.
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

freaken sweet!
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

if we do that, and make it so you rarely if ever see the edge of the platform, this map will be perfect.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

And while you're at it, make it so that it randomly cuts back to Leia, C3P0 and the generals back at base. :lol:
benkenobi

Post by benkenobi »

I think that we're giving him too many jobs to do at once guys...
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn »

And while you're at it, make it so that it randomly cuts back to Leia, C3P0 and the generals back at base.
LOL nice way of putting it. Id have to agree. Lets just wait and see what come out of it without pressuring to much.

It has to be within the limits of the game.
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Hey could ya darken the place where you start at rebels? Its really bright compared to the real thing!
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

bugs if these have been said sorry;
-in the empire if you move to far back in your hanger you disipear in ground and die.
-In rebels hanger if you go up this steep ramp by walking slowly and jumpinf you get to this area with a platform like th bridges in mustafar, you fall through thsi and end up behind the cp where you can see the space and a patch of grass and if you jump into space you reciver no damage and just keep falling forever.
-in the rebels base some of the ground is stagered so it jagged and at some points you can see into the space through the edge.

if you could fx these things that would be great.