Now available: The Raxus Prime (Chocolate) Factory v. 1.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Epena »

Darkwedge--not true. At first I thought that the CIS gets too fast o all the neutral CPs. That is true, they do get there faster, though once you know your way around you can capture at least two of them and then captuing a third is easy. From there it's balanced.

You just need to be fast...heck..when don't you ned to be fast? You just need to be more aware of the layout, than anything.

Though I would suggest fomr flyers. I only saw one X-wing and could only manage getting into one TIE. :(
PaganJedi

Post by PaganJedi »

Geeze-la-weeze I think I have a new favorite map!! This is AWESOME! I love huge battled fields like this! :D
M.O.D.

Post by M.O.D. »

Amazing. Probably the best mod map along with Corousant City....
jondavis

Post by jondavis »

Very cool level, one of the best i've downloaded.
Wish everyone had this one, would be a great online map.

Jon
Ven_Naul

RE: Re: RE: Now available: The Raxus Prime (Chocolate) Facto

Post by Ven_Naul »

Excellent map! Keep it up.
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Alrighty.... what to say...

I have always had an eye for atmosphere and world setups, and this map was so full of unneeded extra detail that I was blown away. I say it was uneeded because you could have put half the amount of detail and gotten away with it, yet you went and put that extra effort into everything that makes this map absolutely the best custom map I have ever seen.

Although Rend's Curascant City is awsome in it's new features and theattempt at something new, this map simply blows it away both visually and layout wise. Some people were complaining or mentioning the largeness and saying it is too hard to find thier way around...

I say don't listen to them, if you follow your map there is no issues.

I was and still am planning on not only a Raxus Prime map, but also some other factory enviroments, and I would more than like to have you on the ARC team. You have imagination to bring parts from all over the mod tools to acomplish your wanted look. In ONE piece of machinery I noticed objects from Bespin, Hoth, Tatooine, and Mygeeto all cobbled together to look like something brand new. Your texture edits work amazingly well together, and the lights on the hoth scaffolds reminded me of the Pod Racing game they released like 2 years ago :P

The map is hands down the best work of art I have ever seen released here at GT, and the only one that I seriously gave a mental 10/10.

The only way youcould improve it is to talk with Stager00 and get the number of units on the map that he has in his Geanosis Assault... then there would be enough action to keep me fighting and not admiring the excilent map work :P

~OOM-9
General_Grievous_4
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by General_Grievous_4 »

Wow I completely agree with you OOM 9. I wouldn't change much except for the # of AI and i would like to see Hero Assault. Nothing would make me happier than cruising around Raxus Prime as Jango Fett. :D
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

yea i agree as well
i have done a fair amount of modding and i can appreciate the immense amount of time and effort youve put into this map
pretty much the only thing missing from this map is hero assault
and its still great without it
keep up the good work, i look forward to your next map :D :D
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

good work. if u do hero aaualt plz add some new heros as well.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Indeed, OOM-9.

CTF would own in so many ways as well. Such a huge map would be sooo cool for one and two flag CTF!! You thinking about adding CTF and Hero Assault?
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent »

Thanks guys,

OOM-9, you should´ve received my pm?
Epena, I´m not a big fan of CTF myself but I will see what I can do.

Think hero assault and xl have got priority.
Don´t know about custom jedi.

I have done some sides editing recently.
Changed almost every weapon and some unit stats, none of the vehicles though.

If youre interested, this is the download link:
http://files.filefront.com/DQ3zip/;4957 ... einfo.html

Download size is massive; 100MB although I haven´t done much retexturing or new models or stuff like that. Unzipped its approximately 200MB. :shock:

Download it if you´re bored and want to fight on this map in a more blaster based way, but do not consider it as an update, since I haven´t changed anything about the map itself yet.

I also haven´t localized the unit/weapon changes yet, ... in fact I wasn´t going to release these side changes today, but I just uploaded them for my clan mates to test, and i thought, any feedback would be welcome... especially any tips how i could reduce the size of the sides folder.

So, if you have got the time and harddrive space, download it, test it, and post your feedback.

To all others I recommend to stick with the official version on top of this thread.

Sidenote: I got the idea of the two handed shotgun pistol from the Alderaan map,... so big credits for that. Good idea!
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I liked the look and atmosphere of the map but its just too big for so little bots. Should be easy to fix tho.

00M-9 , I think its not right to compare this map with Rends' visually, since this map is full of SWBF2 objects which obviously have better textures.

Like I said , I liked the look of the map but I when I see a tatooine object placed with a bespin object ,ontop of a geonosis object ...thats exactly what I see . This is just my opinion and why I take the long haul approach of makin new map specific models , but iv already had this discussion before on GT and this isnt the place :) . Dont get me wrong , it does show imagination to stick objects together and I realise you probably either dont know how to model or dont have the programs ,or time , needed to.

Im not putting a downer on your map . I was the 1st to praise what you did remember. ;)
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Yay Delinquent!

I'm really looking forward to an update.

I'm not that huge of a fan of CTF, either, but when placed on this map it can be quite a fun game mode. The hugeness and the amount of side-paths, little places to hide and stuffs, including the walkway over pretty much half the map, would make this mode amazing.

Thanks again for posting this map here, rofl. It's my favorite!
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Lord-Bandu wrote:00M-9 , I think its not right to compare this map with Rends' visually, since this map is full of SWBF2 objects which obviously have better textures.
Wasn't putting his maps down, they are excilent as well, I just don't feel immersed in his maps like this one does, and you are right about why :P

Like i said Rends' Coruscant maps are some of my favorites, and he definately broke a lot of barriers in his map construction, I just stated this maps looks alot better and I felt immersed in the level.

~OOM-9
Wraith5

Post by Wraith5 »

This map completely blew me away! the atmosphere is probably better than some of the shipped maps!
This map is great online, and is great for flying practice to hone skills dodging the cranes etc.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

This map completely blew me away! the atmosphere is probably better than some of the shipped maps!
*all

:P
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

what an amazing map! my only quibble would be that it is the only ma so far I have experienced some lag while playing. maybe some of the objects could be cut...but it looks and feel SPECTACULAR to play! Really has a great 'Star Wars' feel to it.
Emraz

Post by Emraz »

Delinquent has helped me out starting maps as he seemed to know what he was on about. Then I played this map and 'knew' he did. Ive gone round this map a lot just wowing at the detail and trying to figure where all the stuff came from.. Then I get shot scenery gazing :-).

First thing I thought was Diet Dr. Pepper this is 1 guy on his own and he put to shame some of the maps put together by a 'professional' team.
shadowtrooper73

Post by shadowtrooper73 »

good map
shadowtrooper73

Post by shadowtrooper73 »

good map