Gungan Jedi Beta v.5

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Slayer_Hunter_J

Post by Slayer_Hunter_J »

Thanks for the optimism! :P
I've started work on the actual map, but you shouldnt expect it to be pretty, its my first map for any game. I'll post some pics when im done constructing it.
Slayer_Hunter_J

Scratch the map idea, it sucked big time. I'll just continue for now with the hero.
darkmole2006

Post by darkmole2006 »

Can i *pretty please* be number 11, my account wouldn't get running so i missed my chance to be number 10 :(

darkmole2006
Slayer_Hunter_J

Are you sure you want it? Im just waiting for the responses from the rest of my testers and then im going to release a new one.
OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

gungan jedi.....

*calls in napalm strike....*
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RAymo »

some problems i found in this:

-the gungan dies 2 fast
-theres no death region meaning that you can just keep going and going towards the edge
Slayer_Hunter_J

-Ok then, i'll increase the health. The problem is, i looked in the odf where other units' health is and it wasnt there. Anyone know where it is?
-I'll try to create a death region
Mekko
Private First Class

Post by Mekko »

Sorry for my late response. I've been sick all weekend and then i forgot to test it. But I just played the map now.

The only problems I see is:
Need more health.
Slow movement when using force speed.
No name for the gungan.

These bugs have probably been mentioned
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

Besides the bugs mentioned,
the gungan cant throw saber or use lightning
he cant even change to lightning.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Have you tried to add a "MaxHealth = [Custom number]" entry in your Gungan Jedi's main *.ODF file, Slayer' ?
Slayer_Hunter_J

@Mekko
-I'll changw health
-Speed is fixed, just not in that version
-I'll fix name

@SWShellhound
-Im waiting on a reply from PAN-Fnord about why the secondary weapons arent working

@Leviathan
-Thanks, i'll try. Do you have any clue what the normal jedi health would be, since it dosent say for them?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Just make the parent file com_hero_default or com_jedi_default and you'll get the normal amount for a hero.
Slayer_Hunter_J

Oooh. I already had that as its parent file, just not in the beta, so i guess that i didnt notice the difference.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, just make sure you remove all health references in the gungan's odf, because the parent will handle that.
Slayer_Hunter_J

Yeah, i have. Its basically coppied from the other jedi's odf, except for the different words when i needed to.

[EDIT] I finally got the secondary weapons working, so no more complaing about them. I want some opinions though. Im customizing my hero more, and i want to know what other attacks I should give him (from other characters, not custom ones). He already has Obi's dash attack and...Maul's everything else.
androidgeoff

ZAP!!!

Post by androidgeoff »

Well, since I believe I read you are using lightning, why not give him Sidius' attack from when you attack in the air??

ZAP!!! 8) 8) 8)
Slayer_Hunter_J

RE: ZAP!!!

Well, im using it but i dont know where the electric affect is. Anyone know?
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Hi guys. Sorry, but I won't be able to continue beta testing for a little while. As I said in my map's thread (Wintos: Forest Battlefield), my computer crashed and lost the OS. Until I get this fixed, I cannot use my computer at all. I have to use another computer to get online, but it can't run SWBF2. As soon as I get my computer fixed, I'll continue beta testing it.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

I got some screenies to add soon. Well, you could try to get permission to use Force Wave. It's basically force push except it gets multiple men around you!

Gungan + :dsaber: + :emp: + Force Wave = gtpwn [/list]
darkmole2006

Post by darkmole2006 »

Skin: gungan
Basic attacks and lightsaber: Maul
Force powers: force wave (or if no permission given for that force pull, as force pull is rarely added to any new jedi any more :( ), force lightning
jump attack: The Emperor
Sprint attack: Obiwan, (although i prefer Mace Windus and Lukes)

Sounds like an awesome pwnng gungan jedi.

Now all we need is a wookie jedi..........

darkmole2006