Wintos: Forest Battlefield

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Master_Devwi

Wintos: Forest Battlefield

Post by Master_Devwi »

Hi guys! I've been working on a snowy forest map (not as crowded as Yavin IV or Endor) based on one of my latest SW fan films. I had it almost done, but then ZeroEditor started crashing every time I tried to edit it! Anyway, it's still alot of fun. Hero Assault works great, but Conquest doesn't spawn AI. They're both fun both online and off. If anyone wants to help me with my ZeroEdior problem, I'd really appreciate it. Well, the rest of the map details are in the Readme.

Download!

Here's some screen shots:
Sorry about the large screenshots

Download!
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

Awesome Im dling now

Are the X-wings flyable?
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

DarthDeathRow wrote:Awesome Im dling now

Are the X-wings flyable?
Sadly, no. I had trouble getting the vehicles in, and since I can't edit it with ZeroEditor anymore (I can edit new maps, but not this one), I can't add them. :(
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

Fun in assult but i cant do conquest AI doesnt spawn.

One of the villains cps is floating lol
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

SWShellhound wrote:Fun in assult but i cant do conquest AI doesnt spawn.

One of the villains cps is floating lol
Yeah, read the Readme.
CovertSniper

Post by CovertSniper »

Off topic, Which fanfilm was it? Was it pathways?
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

CovertSniper wrote:Off topic, Which fanfilm was it? Was it pathways?
Off topic: It's my own one. It wasn't the best, but it was still pretty good. I never put it on the internet so no one would have seen it.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

Devwi', are you sure placing Incom T-65 X-Wings models on a level calling Sides belonging to the "Clone Wars" Era is a relevant choice ? :roll:

Post by Guest »

Few bugs:
-AI. On assault bots don`t moved
-some building (tatooine buildings were blacky)
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

JK514 wrote:Few bugs:
-AI. On assault bots don`t moved
-some building (tatooine buildings were blacky)
Thanks, but those were listed in the Readme. I'd fix this stuff, but I cant. As explained in the Readme: ZeroEditor keeps crashing every time I try to edit Wintos. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, please let me know. As for bug #1, sometimes they move, while others they don't. There aren't any AI paths, etc. yet. And I can't add them as of this time. :cry:
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:Devwi', are you sure placing Incom T-65 X-Wings models on a level calling Sides belonging to the "Clone Wars" Era is a relevant choice ? :roll:
Thanks, I'm aware of that too. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I'm really into the EU (in fact, I've read all the books and played almost all the games. I'm now working on the comics). Again, I can't edit anything until I get ZeroEditor fixed.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

In that case, would you mind uploading your "Wintos : Forest Battlefield" level's source files through YouSendIt, SaveFile or any other file-hosting place ? :|
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:In that case, would you mind uploading your "Wintos : Forest Battlefield" level's source files through YouSendIt, SaveFile or any other file-hosting place ? :|
No problem! Thanks! I'll upload it and post it ASAP.

Edit: Here is the link to the source file.

I'm not sure why it's not working. I made the map and everything was fine. I'd add some stuff, munge and test it, and then edit some more. I then tried it online with a friend and after discovering some more stuff to fix, opened ZeroEditor. It came up, but after loading everything, it gave me an error message and closed. I've tried re-installing ZeroEditor and a lot of other things, but they won't work.

I've been trying everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work. Another friend and I tried to make a new class and we added it to the Wintos side files, but it wouldn't show up (the documentation that came with the mod tools doesn't seem to explain everything). If you can figure out what is wrong, I'd be really thankful. I really like Wintos, but it isn't very good at this stage.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Master_Devwi on Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Master', do you remember the exact content of the "error message" you've mentioned ? :|

PS : I'll study the Star Wars Battlefront II project you've uploaded as soon as I'll get more time...
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:Master', do you remember the exact content of the "error message" you've mentioned ? :|

PS : I'll study the Star Wars Battlefront II project you've uploaded as soon as I'll get more time...
No. I don't remember exactly what the error message says. But I can easily recreate it! :wink: It's pretty much a standard error message. Here's a screen shot. Besides, pictures speak louder than words. And thanks for helping me!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Have you tried to open other complex projects into ZeroEditor, so as to check whether the problem isn't inherent to SWBF Mapping Tool itself, Devwi' ? :|
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:Have you tried to open other complex projects into ZeroEditor, so as to check whether the problem isn't inherent to SWBF Mapping Tool itself, Devwi' ? :|
I haven't made any other complex maps. Are you talking about the assets? If so, than are you thinking of a specific map?

In case it helps, I have an Alienware Area-51 m7700 with an Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz processor, nVidia GeForce Go 6800 Ultra with 256MB video card, 2GB of RAM, a 100GB HDD (about 1/2 of which is empty), and my screen resolution is currently 1440x900 (the default resolution). I just bought the computer last October. So, I don't think it's my computer. :wink:

Again, thanks for the help!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

I equally think it isn't caused by your current computer's specifications, Master', but your actual screen resolution isn't really "standardized". So, if I were you, I'd try getting it back to either [1024 x 768] or [800 x 600] pixels... Also, as ZeroEditor seems to crash during the loading of the file named "WIN.wld", I'd try to copy a WorLD file - Located into SWBF II Mod Tools "Assets" folder - in your "Wintos Forest Battlefield" project's path containing the "accused" file, renaming it as "WIN.wld" (In order to replace the existing one, of course !) and trying to open it through SWBF II Mapping Tool, to check whether the previous one wasn't simply corrupted...

PS : Also, do not forget to make a back-up of the original "WIN.wld" file... :wink:
Master_Devwi

Post by Master_Devwi »

Leviathan wrote:I equally think it isn't caused by your current computer's specifications, Master', but your actual screen resolution isn't really "standardized". So, if I were you, I'd try getting it back to either [1024 x 768] or [800 x 600] pixels... Also, as ZeroEditor seems to crash during the loading of the file named "WIN.wld", I'd try to copy a WorLD file - Located into SWBF II Mod Tools "Assets" folder - in your "Wintos Forest Battlefield" project's path containing the "accused" file, renaming it as "WIN.wld" (In order to replace the existing one, of course !) and trying to open it through SWBF II Mapping Tool, to check whether the previous one wasn't simply corrupted...

PS : Also, do not forget to make a back-up of the original "WIN.wld" file... :wink:
Thanks, I'll try that. Oh, and about the resolution, I have a widescreen computer so when I bought it, it was automatically set to 1440 x 900. I know it's not the standard resolution, but it's my computer's default because of my screen size and shape. I'll let you know if it works!

Edit: I copied over "cor1.wld" from the COR assets to the WIN folder, renamed it "WIN.wld" and then replaced the original "WIN.wld" (I backed up the original "WIN.wld" first.) I opened it in ZeroEditor and it still crashed. I tried it again, but this time with my resolution set to 1024 x 768 (the picture was stretched) and it still didn't work. I made a new map and tried opening the .wld file for it, and it worked fine.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Well, in that case, maybe you should create a brand-new project, and copy the "WIN" folder - Containing your "Wintos : Forest Battlefield" *.WLD, *.SKY or other "major" files - from its current directory to the proper one, located in the newly-created project ?...