Kothlis: Sea Haven 2.0

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Kothlis: Sea Haven 2.0

Post by GAB »

(WIP Thread)
(Version 1.0 Release Thread)

It is finally here. The 2.0 version of Kothlis: Sea Haven is ready for you to enjoy.

As most of you who played the 1.0 version already know, this map takes place in a resort in the middle of an ocean in the planet Kothlis. It features mostly close-querters combat but there are some sniping positions as well. Before each round, the time of day is randomly chosen by the game, which greatly changes the appearance of the environment, as well as the combat approach that may be required.

So, what's new? Here are the 5 main highlights of version 2.0:
- A fifth variant was added (Cloudy) which aims to depict a very early and cloudy morning in the ocean.
- The interior of the bungalows was greatly improved, now featuring much better lighting and furniture objects such as beds and tables.
- New game modes were added. Dark Times 2 now has Control and V.I.P. available. A new hunt mode was also added and is available for all eras.
- The map now supports Anakin's Republic Commando era mod.
- And thanks to Mavericthell, the map now has full support for Beach Troopers and all of its game modes. Mav also crafted some pretty cool features specially for this map. Check the README for info on that.

Those are the main highlights. There are several other smaller things that were either added, improved or fixed and you should see them as you play the map. Now, enough of text, here are the pictures of the final result:
Hidden/Spoiler:
And as always, here's our release trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPoou0wQ4ww

Download Links:
MOD DB (7z, 103MB)
MEDIAFIRE (7z, 103MB)
MEDIAFIRE (RAR, 122MB)
MEDIAFIRE (ZIP, 129MB)

If you're interested, you can download the source files of this map as well the ones of all my other works here

And that's it. I hope you enjoy the map.
Last edited by GAB on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Kothlis: Sea Haven 2.0

Post by Maveritchell »

It's a really pretty looking map, GAB, and one of your best (both design-wise and art-wise). Thanks for letting me play around in your sandbox! I'm a big fan of all your work.
booperdoo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Fallout power armor and era
Games I'm Playing :: Boop adventure
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by booperdoo »

EPIC! This looks so cool. I really look forward to trying it out!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Great :D

are there any changes since the version you send me??
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Very nice to see you are alive and well GAB, been quite a while since you been on Gametoast and was worried about you. Anyways, glad to see Anakin's Republic Commando mod added into this map, this will make the gameplay feel more mission based than if you were playing with the stock sides. Hopefully you will make another map in the near future, I bet it would end up topping this Kothlis: Sea Haven map but that would present a big challenge. Like I said before, nice work as always!
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Maveritchell wrote:It's a really pretty looking map, GAB, and one of your best (both design-wise and art-wise). Thanks for letting me play around in your sandbox! I'm a big fan of all your work.
Thank you for offering your mod to be supported by my map and for all the great legacy that you've left for Battlefront.
Anakin wrote:are there any changes since the version you send me??s
I think there are a few minor tweaks here and there, but I can't remember exactly what they are though.
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Very nice to see you are alive and well GAB, been quite a while since you been on Gametoast and was worried about you. Anyways, glad to see Anakin's Republic Commando mod added into this map, this will make the gameplay feel more mission based than if you were playing with the stock sides. Hopefully you will make another map in the near future, I bet it would end up topping this Kothlis: Sea Haven map but that would present a big challenge. Like I said before, nice work as always!
Thanks and yeah, my life has been changing quite a bit lately and there are many other things that have started to captivate my interest as well. I don't think there will be more maps after this one, but hey, when I released Kothlis 1.0 I thought it was going to be the last one and here we are, so you never know.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RedHardcore »

Only down side to this map is the lower FPS, probably because I have a 2012 Windows 7 crap computer. Otherwise awesome job. If you ever release a 3.0 version of this map, could you support the Kotor era as well?
SnakeEyesRaw
Private
Projects :: Various personal side mods
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 - JKA - KotOR

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

RedHardcore wrote:If you ever release a 3.0 version of this map, could you support the Kotor era as well?
I'd really like to see the KotOR era on this map as well. I feel like it's the only thing that's missing.