Baroonda: Ruins

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

What's this? Eggman is releasing something? :D

Some of you may remember this map from a few years ago. It started out as a stand-alone map, then I passed it on to Sky_216 for his "Last Days" mod, then I plugged it into my "Battlefront Chronicles" mod, then I pretty abruptly stopped doing any modding...as you can see, this map has traveled quite a bit! It was so close to completion, however, that I've long had thoughts of going back and releasing it. Today, I'm finally doing that!

A world of varied terrain, with mysterious ruins found deep in the swamps and jungles. Based on the planet's appearance in one of my favorite games of all time, Episode I: Racer.

Modes:
Conquest

Eras:
Clone Wars

The map is medium-sized, with light vehicle support for each side. The Republic has access to two AT-RTs, while the CIS has one AAT. The sides are all stock. If you go searching through my old Battlefront Chronicles thread, you'll see that I did at one point have custom sides and the GCW era on the map. I chose to remove them for this release, however. The custom sides were not complete, and the stock GCW sides did not have vehicles that I felt would be a good fit for the map.

The map assets are a mix of stock BF2 Dagobah, BF1 Naboo, and custom assets from myself (with some textures from stock Yavin 4).

Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Readme (please see the "Notes" section):
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]-----------------------
BAROONDA: RUINS
-----------------------
by Eggman

-----------------------
Installation:
-----------------------
Place the 'BAR' folder into you Star Wars Battlefront II > GameData > Addon folder.

-----------------------
Special Thanks:
-----------------------
Pandemic & LucasArts - For the game and mod tools that I still love tinkering with ten years later.
Sky_216 - For some work he did on this map. While this version does not include any of Sky's work,
at one point he implemented some amazing weather effects. He had a great talent for creating
unique environments, and he was a huge inspiration for my later map projects.

-----------------------
Notes:
-----------------------
THIS MAP IS BEING RELEASED "AS-IS." There may be a handful of minor bugs. If you encounter any problems, you are
welcome to post them in the release thread on Gametoast. Please know, however, that they are unlikely to be fixed.

Known issues:
-Some objects may flicker when zoomed in. This is a result of un-optimized view distances in the .sky file.
-Lack of ambient sounds. I took the quick and easy route of using the stock Utapau sound files to ensure all vehicles
would have their sounds. Unfortunately, that means no swampy ambient sounds.
-Hilariously bad handling for the AAT over water. :)

-----------------------
Disclaimer:
-----------------------
THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.[/code]
Download Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?hbbdebtmubbj7t6

I really hope you'll enjoy the map. I made it when I was at the height of my mapping abilities, and it's always been my favorite project out of anything I've created. When I first downloaded the mod tools...eight, nine years ago?...one of the first ideas that popped into my head was that it would be cool to make a map pack based on the planets in Episode I: Racer. It feels good to finally be getting some legacy of that idea out there. :D
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Re: Baroonda: Ruins

Post by Deviss »

wow great work :)

Offtopic: are you working on battlefront chronibles still??
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

This is a great and nice looking map. I really like this unique design, the mix of various maps and the story behind it :)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Thank you for releasing this map. I remember getting hyped to see this map when you were working on battlefront chronicals. Im a bit saddend its no longer being worked on, but I understand when real life kicks in.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

Wow! Something ACTUALLY released!
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

Always stalked your Chronicles project and this map is really great.
Do you plan to release other maps like boz pity? :D
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Not Boz Pity, because it's layout really wasn't that good. I still have all the files for it, though (and all the other Chronicles stuff). Maybe one day I'll make a new map with the Boz Pity props I created.

There were some other maps that were around 90-95% complete, like this one. Felucia and Beggar's Canyon come to mind. No guarantees that I'll ever release them, though. Felucia would need a bit of work to move one command post that had a terrible placement, and I would need to perfect the traits of some custom vehicles (the map was designed with the 2-man swampspeeder and FragMe!'s AT-AP in mind). Beggar's Canyon was basically complete before I ever posted anything about the Battlefront Chronicles project, but like with Boz Pity, I was never sold on the layout. It played more like a TDM match that a Conquest match. It was still quite fun, though. :)