BFX Campaign 0.5

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

BFX Campaign 0.5

Post by yuke5 »

Hey, so I started working on this yesterday, and it was plenty of fun to play, so I figured I would share. It's pretty simple, the stock campaign with BFX units. You need the BFX mod installed along with Zerted's 1.3 patch. I only have the Clone Wars missions done so far. Also, Kashyyyk crashes, and I'm unable to figure out why. If anyone else is able to figure it out, please let me know, otherwise I'll keep muddling through.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/40dlr ... h8/BXC.zip

Have fun!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: BFX Campaign 0.5

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Thats an awesome idea. Bfx had a good deal of fun units, glad you made an addon for the campaign
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Wow i thought of doing something like that by mysellfe. But than i started with the rc gc and now i don't have the time. Thank you so much for this.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This is a good idea. I Had my own revision going for Rise of the Empire but lost momentum and eventually forgot where my progress was, but in the end It was just gonna fill in missing units(etc: more than 2 droid units on levels like Felucia) and adding enemy heroes, more vehicles, harder or longer objectives(etc: more than 3 droid kills in Geo training) and other simple things.

I think it would be better to use new units because it will bring a new feeling.
Are you going to upgrade rival teams with BFX Units? It would seem a bit off to only upgrade clones and imperials.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

I haven't been messing around with the objectives so far, but I have been scaling the CIS and Alliance units accordingly. The only sides which aren't BFX are the Jedi in the Knightfall mission, a few of the other locals, and the GAR side. However, I'm pretty sure I can boost some of the units through LUA scripting, for example, give the GAR units BFX weapons. This hasn't been implemented yet.
Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Nedarb7 »

Really cool idea, Yuke! Have you considered setting it up as a custom campaign?
It'd add to the campaign feel (you know, chronological and locked levels, that good stuff.) Plus it's an easy process!
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

As soon as I get Kashyyyk fixed, I will totally use your mod! :D I completely forgot about it, but yeah, I will definitely implement it.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Question about your Kashyyyk mods: Did you adjust/delete connections, hubs, or barriers?

One time I wanted to modify stock Kashyyyk, I deleted some certain bits of planning and it presented munge errors, and crashed when playing.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Perhaps you could make some all new missions, too.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

anthonybf2 wrote:Question about your Kashyyyk mods: Did you adjust/delete connections, hubs, or barriers?

One time I wanted to modify stock Kashyyyk, I deleted some certain bits of planning and it presented munge errors, and crashed when playing.
I have not even opened Kashyyyk in ZeroEditor. All I'm really doing is changing the side scripts of the stock campaign scripts to load BFX sides. Kashyyyk crashes whenever I spawn as Yoda, and I don't know why. That being said, I have a work around, in which the player never gets to play as Yoda, I'm not crazy about this, but it's what I've got so far.

Right now, all the campaign missions have been coded for. Thankfully, ARC_Commander uses the stock ODF names for his space vehicles, so I have space missions loaded up too. The next release should have everything. I also have Nedarb7's custom campaign mod implemented too, but with placeholder images for each mission (this will change).
commanderawesome wrote:Perhaps you could make some all new missions, too.
I might, but I'm really not much of a coder. What I'm doing right now I actually really simple, just the coding work for an era mod, really. All I could really do easily is switch up some of the sides, maybe mix in some Clone Wars units during the interim period of the campaign (from Naboo to Kamino). However, the main problem is I would need to make sure all the sounds could be loaded with the units themselves.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I might suggest to also check all the ambush points, you can give teams 1 and 2 new units from BFX but ambushers will still use regular troops, so you'll need change those to BFX classes as well. (and if you removed read data file calls for regular troops that might be an issue since the ambush can't find the regular units)
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

Don't worry, the ambush teams use BFX units.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

If you're using custom sides you might have forgotten to copy over "common"
Yoda's lightsabers would look into that section for values.

If this is not it, then I am out of ideas. :)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

have you ried to load stock yoda?? maybe the stock campagine scripts are bad.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Loading Yoda works just fine. SPAWNING him causes the game to crash. Even stock Yoda crashes the game. I think it might have something to do with the memory pools, honestly. I'll figure it out. Until then, the level does work with my work around.