Sky To Ground Mappack 2 - Coruscant, Mustafar and Kashyyyk

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Sky To Ground Mappack 2 - Coruscant, Mustafar and Kashyyyk

Post by thelegend »

Hello Gametoast,
I have released the first mappack here. And now the second mappack. I promised that the maps get bigger. More units, vehicles, objects, turrets, ships...than before.
The first mappack is linked too here. I describe all six maps: Rhen Var, Mustafar, Naboo, Tatooine, Coruscant and Kashyyyk.

Trailer of the FIRST Mappack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_tiKDwhkE
Trailer of BOTH Mappacks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEUAhRrYGvA

First Mappack.
Naboo: In the middle of the map there is the City of Theed. With green skinned roofs, the (solid) palace and big streets. The Cis attacks the planet. Luminara leads the republic units. You have to defense the city.

Rhen Var: The Cis controls the ice planet. Anakin Skywalker leads the Republic with tanks and walkers. There are three big battles: The Rhen Var harbour, the mountain side and at the Citadel of Rhen Var.

Tatooine: The rebels and the empire are fighting about the control of Mos Eisley. Luke Skywalker leads the rebel units and Darth Vader the empire units.

Mappack 2.
Coruscant: The Cis attacks the main planet of the Republic. The Rep. units spawn in the senate and the Cis in the underworld. Both sides will fight on the bridge that connects the senate with the city. There are a lot of interesting things to explore. I divided this map in six parts: 3 areas where the skyscapers are; the indistrual area; 2 areas where the spacehips are. On the buildings there are turrets, you can go inside of Padme's appartment for "relax". Because there are no bots. And you have a great view on the city.

Mustafar: The republic tries to control the lava planet. There are a lot of lava rivers and mountains. The main mine base is controled by the droids. Obiwan Kenobi leads the republic units. Gizor Delso the Cis Units.

Kashyyyk: Based on Episode 3: The Cis attacks the Wookie Home Planet Kashyyyk. Yoda, the republic units and the wookies defense the planet. There are a lot of big mountains. The battle takes place on the beach. There are big trees and so on. The map is very built.

All maps have spaceships in the air. So I call this kind of battles "Sky To Ground". Its based on the Space To Ground Maps. Not exactly, but It has the same kind of battles: Ground with vehicles, playable jedis and spaceships. And more...

I hope you like the maps. I will try to upload both on filefront. I hope they dont reject it again..I never got an e-mail with the reason why it was rejected. Anyway I hope you enjoy the battles. May the force be with....yes. Enjoy it^^

-"the_legend/ El_Fabricio"

By the Way: Maybe I will do a third Mappack. Better than before. But..I let it so how it is now. If I would get more subs on Youtube, more downloaders AND If It would work on filefront..yeah. I would do a next mappack. ^Enjoy^

DownloadLink: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24142078 ... shyyyk.zip
[Padawan]Helkaan
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Dunno. Maybe making something
Games I'm Playing :: Some.

Re: Sky To Ground Mappack 2 - Coruscant, Mustafar and Kashyy

Post by [Padawan]Helkaan »

Gonna test this one very soon, as well as the first mappack.

One thing I can suggest is: you can gain a significant amount of MB's by using an advanced compression format such as 7z or Rar. While using a non-"standard" file format can be a pain for downloaders, these two formats are now well handled by many softwares.
For example your Space to Ground Mappack 3 (243 MB) can be compressed down to 82 MB with 7-zip.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I love the detail and grand scale of these maps. You did a very good job with that naboo palace.

But again you need to add shadows and burn the terrain! It takes so little time and makes it looks so much better!

To add shaodws: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3580

To burn terrain: Open Zeroeditor > Select Image > Press Burn Terrain

EDIT: I just finished playing the maps. I LOVE coruscant! the big buildings really make it feel like a city, not a lot of maps do that.
Last edited by MileHighGuy on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

This would be great for online play. Get about 20 guys all on one of these and I think I'll have a blast. This mappack is much improved from your first one. I'm downloading it right now.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

nice job on coruscant; I always enjoy seeing non stock models applied ingame;
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Just watched the trailers. A very nice idea and work. But maybe you can add some more enviroment to the maps. Especialy naboo and tatooine. And on tatooine the groudn texture doesn't fit to the building textures.
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AcaelusThorne »

This is really nice legend :D
I am supprised how you managed to do this in so little time. The maps might not be as visually appealing as eg AQTs or so but they are just fine for battlefront standard imo.
Would you possibly add costum sides to this mod as a additional era ? That would be a nice new touch.
Other wise I like the concept and it is nice to see that there are still some new modders coming up with something a little different. :)
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I am having a bunch of problems with these map packs. I downloaded them and that was fine but when I tried to extract them out of winRAR it tells me "Unexpected End Of Archive." So I repair it and treat it as a zip and when I try to drag the folders in, it says "file is corrupt." When I do place the files in and go into Battlefront 2 for the first map pack, I only see Kashyyyk, NO Coruscant and NO Mustafar. The second map pack, Rhen Var, Naboo, and Tatooine are there but Tatooine CRASHES my Battlefront 2, help would be appreciated.
[Padawan]Helkaan
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Dunno. Maybe making something
Games I'm Playing :: Some.

Post by [Padawan]Helkaan »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I am having a bunch of problems with these map packs. I downloaded them and that was fine but when I tried to extract them out of winRAR it tells me "Unexpected End Of Archive." So I repair it and treat it as a zip and when I try to drag the folders in, it says "file is corrupt." When I do place the files in and go into Battlefront 2 for the first map pack, I only see Kashyyyk, NO Coruscant and NO Mustafar. The second map pack, Rhen Var, Naboo, and Tatooine are there but Tatooine CRASHES my Battlefront 2, help would be appreciated.
You are either using an outdated version of WinRAR (update your softwares to the latest version) or trying to extract a file that wasn't entirely downloaded.
To check the file integrity, look at the "checksum" column in WinRAR; it should display the following hashes for the two zip files you downloaded:

Code: Select all

Sky To Ground Mappack 1 - Naboo, Tatooine and Rhen Var.zip -->  0EA4E5F6
Sky To Ground Mappack 2 - Coruscant, Mustafar and Kashyyyk.zip --> 2A24A30E
If the hashes don't match, then you need to redownload the files.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Thanks all. It makes me happy to see how your all like the maps and the concept. I know if there are some small bugs. Like the scene range in tat. and nab. But I have fixed that in my second mappack. By the way: Which of these maps are the best for your. My favourite is Coruscant and Mustafar. I like every map. What is your opinion? :D
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

coruscant crashes for me and the loadimage is very deformed (FUllHD)

==EDIT==

So here a full report, after i played all the mpas (pack 1 and 2)

The crash was something else, it works now.

In my opinion, this is no release version, but a beta. I do not want to say with it that your work is bad. On the contrary. I found the space ground combination of BF1 very nice, and was disappointed a little bit that this was not moved also in BF2. Your pack closes this gap. There are many mods/maps here on GT. Hence, I take personally only the best ones. Yours have to belong to it a big potential.

Unfortunately, there are some bargains which are not convincing so. There is no of victory / defeats sounds on some Maps. Moreover, most units sleep. There are on some maps too many CPs (Rhen Var). On others it would be nice if there were more surroundings (Tatooine, Naboo...) . Moreover, there are in my opinion too many units available from start. Who plays a normal unit if he can play Anakin?? The ground Texture on Tatooine is badly chosen sher. I cannot even still sometimes distinguish the opponents from mine. On Mustafar I think you have realised the surroundings very well. If you were able to add some hills in the rear areas, it would be perfect. Coruscant I find too broadly. The surroundings buildings stand very thick, the fight surface is just a straight tube. If you could integrate several levels, and also a few ways beside the sergeant major, would be much more suitably for Coruscant. Moreover, I was not able to spawn at CP7. Minimaps are absent everywhere. With some vehicles are absent map icons.

Hence, I can only recur, to sum up. A very nice idea, like I does not find up to now was there. Indeed, there ist still a lot to do.

Moreover, I have one more question. Where do you have the texture from the Starfighter on Rhen Var?? It looks Diet Dr. Pepper after mine, and I am not found in the Credits.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Your fighter ingame:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/465w3fhe9tc0 ... t71770.bmp
My Texture from the assets Thread
You can find pics in the folder here which would correspond to my statements.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/465w3fhe9tc0dlq/FmI_oxD5YN
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

First, thanks for your opinion.
I dont know why the tatooine ground textur is so "buggy". I dont have this problem. Do you use some graphics mods or.so on? Maybe this is the reason why.
I know there are some small bugs. But the gameplay is very nice too I think. The fightet skin is made by me. It looks like the same, but this skin is made by me. And...I think on every map in the world there is exactly one bug. Not one map.in the world is perfect.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Yes i use sweet fx. I'll have a look if this is the problem.

Yes the gameplay is very nice. But the small bugs are the reason, why some mapa are more interessting than others. And if there are weapons not localized (heros on naboo) this is defently something that should be fixed.

Even aqt and darthduck have some bugs in their map. But i don't think this is a reason to not fixing some easy things.

But at least it's you map and you decide what you do and what not. I'm just hoping you'll do it.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Yeah, you are right. Bugs are like a "virus". If one bug survives, more bugs will come. But I want do create maps with great quality. I have tried to fix the localize bug in naboo..but it didnt work. And I think this bug is not so bad. If both mappacks are on filefront I will do a third mappack. And I will try to fix every bug.

By the Way: Its better to set the view distance and detail distance to 99. I have seen you use 50 or so on. I will put this on the next readme. But it makes me happy to see that you like the maps.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Thanks for the tipp with the 99.

About the Question what map we like most: Mustafar!!
Repmonkey
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by Repmonkey »

Yes Mustafar is absolutely the best map but maybe you can change the 501 clones to shocktrooper clones.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

That's a nice idea. Also if you are not changing the units (as far as i noticed most where stock units), you could load them from the stock lvl file. In this way all Member using BF evolved will have the graphic changes from the mod.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Anakin wrote:That's a nice idea. Also if you are not changing the units (as far as i noticed most where stock units), you could load them from the stock lvl file. In this way all Member using BF evolved will have the graphic changes from the mod.
^this. I agree so if you have custom sides or lvl mods you use for vanailla they will apear.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Thanks all.
I will begin with a third mappack. I will try these maps: Dagobah, Yavin 4 and Endor. Its time for natural maps :D
Repmonkey
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by Repmonkey »

Please make a new version of Mustafar!