[Sol Map Pack] Venus: Research Station

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Unlucky13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: Models models models
Games I'm Playing :: Random stuff

Re: [Sol Map Pack] Venus: Research Station

Post by Unlucky13 »

Does your BF2 have a language other than english? It was probably just localized wrong.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Unlucky13 wrote:Does your BF2 have a language other than english? It was probably just localized wrong.
I highly doubt AQT - a moderator and veteran modder - would forget to fix a detail like that.
Unlucky13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: Models models models
Games I'm Playing :: Random stuff

Post by Unlucky13 »

I was in no way insulting AQT's ability, just offering a possible explanation to a problem.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Unlucky13 wrote:I was in no way insulting AQT's ability, just offering a possible explanation to a problem.
Oh, yeah, no, I know, I'm saying that it's highly unlikely that AQT would forget to do something like that. Anyway, I'll check the localizations to confirm it when I get home.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

"Venator"? :? The Instant Action name is Venus for all languages, including French... This is just absolutely ridiculous! The only possible and logical explanation for this is if you're using the wrong core.lvl file from a map that happens to use the VEN three character I.D. with the name "Venator." Because I certainly did not all the sudden or accidentally copy-and-paste "Venator" for no apparent reason into the other language strings....
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

AQT wrote:"Venator"? :? The Instant Action name is Venus for all languages, including French... This is just absolutely ridiculous! The only possible and logical explanation for this is if you're using the wrong core.lvl file from a map that happens to use the VEN three character I.D. with the name "Venator." Because I certainly did not all the sudden or accidentally copy-and-paste "Venator" for no apparent reason into the other language strings....
Hehe, i did install it correctly, i am an experienced mod/map player (i have over 700 maps/mods) so i know how to install a map correctly :wink: .
Here's the proof:
Hidden/Spoiler:
PizzatheHutt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Something...
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by PizzatheHutt »

I'm French too, and the name of the map in the instant selection screen is Venus for me .
I made a tutorial to change the game's language.You should try it, set the language to English and see if the error persists .

forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27853
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

Thanks for helping PizzatheHutt, but that's not a language problem. If found the problem.

@AQT: When i install Venus in my addon folder ,with mods it shows up as Venus, exept when i add Ultimate: Battlefront The Clone Wars mod, but there's no VEN folder in the UCW folder. So i don't know why, and i don't know if you can fix that.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

The map is finally up on SWBF Files: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... ion;120684

Thanks for the review, Mav!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Great to see that the map is finally up, AQT! 8o()
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Just played this map last night, had so much fun, the NASA astronauts were amazing especially in CTF when they'd steal the enemy flag for me. :yes: I loved the wierd thing flying above getting on it with a Jettrooper was hilarious. :lol: Great job with the map and the sides, can't wait for the rest of this mod! :thumbs: