RAS Prosecutor: Hangars

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: RAS Prosecutor: Hangars

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Firefang wrote:I put up a dedicated server playing this map. Name is [GT] Gametoast Domination. I'm going to try to keep it up for the next couple days.
Just out of curiosity, but how did you get Extraction mode working in the server manager?
Firefang
Major
Major

Post by Firefang »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Firefang wrote:I put up a dedicated server playing this map. Name is [GT] Gametoast Domination. I'm going to try to keep it up for the next couple days.
Just out of curiosity, but how did you get Extraction mode working in the server manager?
That map didn't show up, but I was able to add it ingame with admin commands. Unfortunately, the reinforcements stay at infinite in that mode (without using fake console) so I had to drop the map from the rotation.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I know that on non-dedicated servers only the host can see the reinforcement meters change from infinite to finite, but I'm not sure how the dedicated servers work or if there is a host similar to a non-dedicated server host. In multiplayer the CIS will have 600 reinforcement points after players complete the first two objectives, so it could be that fighting off 600 reinforcements felt unending.

Also, Extraction is a completely different experience online if you are a client, as you wouldn't hear or see the things a host would or as if you were playing offline, among other things.
Firefang
Major
Major

Post by Firefang »

Just checked, extraction mode does have limited reinforcements on dedicated. It just shows up for the host, which is the server so no one sees it. You can use fake console to change the reinforcements, but since you aren't the host, it won't change. But by doing that, the reinforcements become visible.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Excuse me if this is said somewhere, but does this have iron sights? I zoomed in when on first person with a bunch of weapons and all I got was the screen without most of the HUD...no gun.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

No, "iron sights" were not implemented at all. You get a transparent first person scope texture with most weapons instead.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

it's real fun to play. A question. Is multiplayer pear to pear available?
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

do you mean that you can download a custom map when you join the server with it? not battlefront doesnt support that.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Played this earlier today. Very well made guys! The amount of work and detail into the models is evident. I have only played extraction and CW Hunt so far, but I believe I can safely say that this is one of the best maps out there. Now try to aim even higher next time! Good luck! :thumbs:
111alan
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 EAW FOC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by 111alan »

One of my favorate maps.Great job!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Hi, here some parts to fix:

Floting icon for Ventres Force

don't you think the reperation fo the speader start console takes too long time??

If you play Han Solo and change from Pistol to Fusion cutter you cannot go back to Pistol

The parts (from Fixer Scorch ..) you add to the Arc trooper (the dark one) should be dark too.

One time when i pressed personen Stat there was no text and than i klickt on career stat and nothing happend.

can ou add the german language??

So that's all i think.

btw a conquest mode would be AWESOME :D
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.

Post by ShadowWing »

Anakin wrote: don't you think the reperation fo the speader start console takes too long time??
I agree. It takes a ridiculously long amount of time to get the speeder working. (not in Extraction mode)

Anakin wrote: If you play Han Solo and change from Pistol to Fusion cutter you cannot go back to Pistol
This is in the regular game as well, if you have earned the AWARD Pistol.

Anakin wrote: btw a conquest mode would be AWESOME :D
The map is too small for a conquest mode. That is why there are "Hunt" and "Team Deathmatch" modes.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

thanks for clarifying most of the things :D
Anakin wrote:Floting icon for Ventres Force
that cant be fixed, apparently there are various versions of battlefront 2 which have slight differences in huds and textures.(e.g. some peoplce couldnt see certain effect textures) asajjs icon worked for all betatesters, i guess you have another version.
Anakin wrote:don't you think the reperation fo the speader start console takes too long time??
yes, its only supposed to be sliced in extraction
Anakin wrote:One time when i pressed personen Stat there was no text and than i klickt on career stat and nothing happend.

can ou add the german language??
do you see the english descriptions for weapins etc.? if yes, then thats it, i dont want to translate everything because most weapons basically have the same name/indication.
Anakin wrote:If you play Han Solo and change from Pistol to Fusion cutter you cannot go back to Pistol
like shadowwing said, this is a stockbug and all heros in hero assault beside asajj are stock.
Anakin wrote:The parts (from Fixer Scorch ..) you add to the Arc trooper (the dark one) should be dark too.
both fixers and boss' shoulderpads have light and dark variants the other attachments are more seperate so that they dont need two versions in my opinion.
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:thanks for clarifying most of the things :D

that cant be fixed, apparently there are various versions of battlefront 2 which have slight differences in huds and textures..
The HUD differences depend on the player's screen size, I think.
For example, "Iron sights" look different in a smaller screen compared to, let's say, a 1600 by 800 screen.
Last edited by Cerfon Rournes on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:thanks for clarifying most of the things :D
Anakin wrote:Floting icon for Ventres Force
that cant be fixed, apparently there are various versions of battlefront 2 which have slight differences in huds and textures.(e.g. some peoplce couldnt see certain effect textures) asajjs icon worked for all betatesters, i guess you have another version.
Yes, i have no problems with that.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

ShadowWing wrote:
Anakin wrote: don't you think the reperation fo the speader start console takes too long time??
I agree. It takes a ridiculously long amount of time to get the speeder working. (not in Extraction mode)
Ah, yes, the speeder bike is there for a time when you are finally bored with the rest of the map. Then you can sit through with the slicing process and enjoy riding the bike around the map later on. :thumbs:
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.

Post by ShadowWing »

AQT wrote:
ShadowWing wrote:
Ah, yes, the speeder bike is there for a time when you are finally bored with the rest of the map. Then you can sit through with the slicing process and enjoy riding the bike around the map later on. :thumbs:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Doesn't it blow up though? Or is that just in Extraction mode?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Short time : punishment :: long time : reward
ZaxusFett
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2_SWBF_SWRC

Post by ZaxusFett »

This is AWSOME also is there gonna be one about kashyyyk?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

AQT wrote:Then you can sit through with the slicing process and enjoy riding the bike around the map later on.
AQT wrote:Short time : punishment :: long time : reward
It takes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo darn long to slice...and then after riding around for a bit I fly out of the hangar and get off the bike and it is gone...