Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

bobfinkl
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Lots of unreleased stuff
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

Post by bobfinkl »

mswf wrote:
StarkillerMarek wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
For some reason, when trying to match those symbols, I got all of them right on the first time. Now what is the odds of that? Probably the same as a Bull Rancor getting through in a tiny little chute, that leads to an Imperial Base...wait...what?
Hidden/Spoiler:
620 to 1
EDIT:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Wrong, it'd be... 52 to 1 (taken into the account that there were three sets
Hidden/Spoiler:
I too got it on my first try, but it's not that hard I notice that whenever these kind of puzzles are made the match/whatever it is for the first one is ALWAYS the one right after the second possible one
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Yeah, if you ad common sense into the mix it becomes a whole lot better.
EDIT:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Which spelly :P
Last edited by mswf on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by StarkillerMarek »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Yeah, and common sense would be helpful too.
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

Your map is very awsome :runaway: , Will there be other maps rebel ops ?

Off topic : What is your futur project map ?
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Lephenix_dor wrote:Your map is very awsome :runaway: , Will there be other maps rebel ops ?
Mav stated as he began this trilogy that it's a trilogy: three maps only. This is the third.
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Fiodis wrote:
Lephenix_dor wrote:Your map is very awsome :runaway: , Will there be other maps rebel ops ?
Mav stated as he began this trilogy that it's a trilogy: three maps only. This is the third.
Who knows what Mav is going to do? He might make more he might not. It is not up to you to decide. If he stated this was the only Rebel Ops trilogy, than this is probably the last. Also, if Mav decides to do something else, I am sure it will be just as good(if not better) than this.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

StarkillerMarek wrote:
Fiodis wrote:
Who knows what Mav is going to do? He might make more he might not. It is not up to you to decide. If he stated this was the only Rebel Ops trilogy, than this is probably the last. Also, if Mav decides to do something else, I am sure it will be just as good(if not better) than this.
What is it with you and misreading my posts? I am not deciding anything. Mav did say it was a trilogy, and that means three by definition. If he makes more, he makes more. All the public knows right now is that there's only three planned and this is, as I pointed out, the third.
Devastator77
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Post by Devastator77 »

Ok, now I played this through the first time (AI normal) and achieved victory with 1 life left. I was completely amazed that I had beaten the campaign on one try instead of ten or twenty tries (like I had to with the previous installments Aquilarius and the Big L). However, I decided to play it through again with AI Elite and I still haven't won. For me, that's the best part about this campaign: you put a large gap in difficulty between the easiest settings and the hardest settings. This allowed me to still accomplish the mission (without suffering a headache) and also provides a greater challenge for the future. In short, thanks Mav for making this campaign highly replayable.

Besides the campaign itself, the map is structured diversely and the different game modes showcase the tremendous variety that Bakura has to offer. However, of all the extra modes, KotOR Deathmatch is an instant favorite for anyone who loves KotOR 2. With the battle music from KotOR 2 playing in the background, all those mining droids running amuck, and the Jedi Exile with the vibrosword, I truly felt like I was playing TSL. This map could not be made any better and is hands down the greatest of the Rebel Ops Trilogy. Congratulations on this remarkable masterpiece.
RC-1207
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by RC-1207 »

While I cannot say this is the quality you could expect from a game engine built off this maps concepts, it is the best that could be done with BFII's engine. I doubt it can ever be beat. The weapon pickup is an impossible concept that Mav made possible, the scripting beats BFII's five times over, the talk/ conversation scenes reminded me of Jedi Knights, and the AI competes with Mygeetos. 10/10 hands down. Excellent job.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I found, in the room you fight Vader, its a mini version of the TSL fuel room in Peragus :D
Should this go on hide tags ? Yes, it should, -Staff
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Labj wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I found, in the room you fight Vader, its a mini version of the TSL fuel room in Peragus :D
Should this go on hide tags?
Let's put it in hide tags just to be safe. Did you not see what happened when I posted spoilers?
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Fiodis wrote:
StarkillerMarek wrote:
Fiodis wrote:
What is it with you and misreading my posts? I am not deciding anything. Mav did say it was a trilogy, and that means three by definition. If he makes more, he makes more. All the public knows right now is that there's only three planned and this is, as I pointed out, the third.
Of course you are not deciding anything, I already knew that, because you can't. Maybe you should read over your posts more diligantly so they do not come across to people like somehow you have jurisdiction over the matter. Saying , It is a trilogy. and this is the third, so that is that. A trilogy indeed means three, but how do you know there is only three planned for Vace? There is three of course planned for this particular mission of Vace but that is all it is. And if all the public knows that there is only three planned, then why do you
have to point it out?

One thing I think should have been added, Mav, to this map, was more cover. The trees are kind of skinny.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

Forgive me if I seem to act as if I have jurisdiction over matters I post about; but I like to think that I've been here at GT for a while now, have a fair idea of the flow of things, and know what I'm posting about. Need I add a disclaimer to my every post saying that I am human and make mistakes/bad calls? As to why I pointed it out, it was because Lephenix_dor asked. It is a given that Mav has jurisdiction over his own project. My posts should not give the average reader reason to suspect otherwise.

As much as I'd like a civilized debate, I'd hate to hijack Mav's thread and turn it into an arguement. So I'll get back on topic now, and I hope you do, too, though you have jurisdiction over that decision.

The trees were indeed anorexic, but their low foliage made it interesting; they blocked your view but not your (or enemy) shots. I'm fine with that; makes it that much more challenging.
Hidden/Spoiler:
And I loved the charged-up mortar launcher. Cluster bomb FTW.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

@Trilogy, how many maps:
"Rebel Ops" is a trilogy and a complete story. I don't have any more planned for Rebel Ops as it was always intended to be complete through three maps. I can't say (again, no plans) whether or not I am done with Vace Thermill, but for now the "Rebel Ops" storyline is done.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Maveritchell wrote:@Trilogy, how many maps:
"Rebel Ops" is a trilogy and a complete story. I don't have any more planned for Rebel Ops as it was always intended to be complete through three maps. I can't say (again, no plans) whether or not I am done with Vace Thermill, but for now the "Rebel Ops" storyline is done.
In other words, he's gonna pull a George Lucas and create another Vace Thermill trilogy that takes place BEFORE Rebel Ops, yet since he's gotten better at modding and more modding techniques have been developed, they are going to look and play better than the original three, yet nothing he could ever make would match the original Rebel Ops trilogy.

jk.

My point of view? Mav will do what Mav wants to do when Mav wants to do it if Mav so chooses to do ANYTHING. Hence, the above post.
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

I am not going to discuss anymore about it. You and I do not seem to get along very well. One thing I would ask is to let Mav answer his own questions as he has already done.

Yes, the trees fit perfectly in the mission, but during other modes(even though you are not around the trees) there is basically no cover at all. Stock maps(even inside ones) have even the slightest of cover(e.g. broken pillars, crates, etc.). I am not saying this because I am dying like people during the Black Death, but during the Dark Times Era, you tend to use your health/ammo canisters a lot.
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Yeah, well, that's were they are for after all
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

mswf wrote:Yeah, well, that's were they are for after all
I guess so :D .
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by General_Nate »

:cry: Mav, that was beautiful.... :cry:
But seriously brilliant!

SUPER SPOILER
Hidden/Spoiler:
I can't believe Ben betrayed Vace... And DIED... He was one of my favorite characters... Oh well. :roll: :lol:
EDIT: Do you mind releasing a tut about how you did the cut scenes?
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

General_Nate wrote::cry: Mav, that was beautiful.... :cry:
But seriously brilliant!

SUPER SPOILER
Hidden/Spoiler:
I can't believe Ben betrayed Vace... And DIED... He was one of my favorite characters... Oh well. :roll: :lol:
EDIT: Do you mind releasing a tut about how you did the cut scenes?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yes, Ben was my favorite, actually. When his dialouge popped up later, saying "You won't find a third explosive device," my mind jumped up and said: "...because I've already got it for you, meet me at the center, we'll blow this joint and fly into the sunset singing rebellious tunes."

Well, I was half right, anyway: he did get the third bomb.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Though I must admit his face was skinned to look suspicious. :wink:
And yes, those fadeouts like you had in Spira and now here, too, are one of the few things I could never even remotely figure out.