Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Re: Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

Post by Labj »

Fiodis wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I followed Ben around and kept shooting him. He dies eventually. Mav: his health bar does show up as a green-ish color for me as well. I assumed this was because he was on a neutral team. As Jodandotson posted, this is also the same color that the health bars of the Imperials in Aquilaris were before the became hostile, at least in my game.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yes, its green for me too, and i just pursuit him... he never dies, until i shot him from far... is that intentional ?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Just to clear things up:
Neutral teams for me show up as yellow; the important part here is that this was consistent with other neutral team appearances (I thought something legitimately different was being talked about here). Neutral is a legitimate third setting for team behavior and it has a different color than friendlies or enemies - I suppose on some monitors it is green too. And yes,
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ben's health bar should not change. He is taking damage, it just isn't being tracked in a visible manner. Once you do about 5000 damage to him, he dies.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

somehow im too stupid do achieve the second objective...
Hidden/Spoiler:
when i go the north way to this station that i have to disable, stormies seem to be spawning constantly behind (less often) and in front of me.... am im doing something wrong?
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by FragMe! »

Hope this helps
Hidden/Spoiler:
Go right up to the building, should be the last one along the way. Once you get there you will get a message to find and officer with a key find him kill him take the key back to the building.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:somehow im too stupid do achieve the second objective...
Hidden/Spoiler:
when i go the north way to this station that i have to disable, stormies seem to be spawning constantly behind (less often) and in front of me.... am im doing something wrong?
That's the part that's been giving me the most trouble as well. Here's what seemed to work for me:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Run along the edge of the water so your head is sticking out to avoid water damage, but you can duck underneath the water to avoid blaster bolts. It's kind of cheap, but it works relatively well.
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Eggman wrote:Hidden/Spoiler:
Run along the edge of the water so your head is sticking out to avoid water damage, but you can duck underneath the water to avoid blaster bolts. It's kind of cheap, but it works relatively well.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hey man, that is my trick. You stole my idea :P

I did it exactly the same way :lol:
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I did that part in my special, totally rambo style way. Took me 2 trys though. :lol:
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master

Hidden/Spoiler:
Rambo_style. :lol:
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Hidden/Spoiler:
That part didn't seem hard at all. You just run straight and plow down anyone in front of you. Cover helps, but isn't essential. I stuck to the fence; the majority of the AIs spawned away off to my right.
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by General_Nate »

Fiodis wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
That part didn't seem hard at all. You just run straight and plow down anyone in front of you. Cover helps, but isn't essential. I stuck to the fence; the majority of the AIs spawned away off to my right.
Exactly. That's what I did.
Jediguy
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by Jediguy »

I've been away from SWBF2 for a while, but it's great to come back and see maps like this. I thought this was the best map so far in the Rebel Ops series.

+
The story was great. I don't mean the campaign mode itself or the plot (which, of course were top-notch), but the way it was told. Cutscenes were a stroke of genius, and the dialogue was excellent. I really liked the character interaction, and a lot of it was pretty funny.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I particularly liked the sarcasm the pilots used towards Skywalker saving the galaxy.
You did a better job with the story for one mission than many developers do with games. You certainly outshined Pandemic's campaign.
Vace Thermill was very well modeled and in 3rd person I could tell he had a comlink in his left ear. Very good Spec. Ops. guy.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Hazard Trooper and the AT-ST pilot were great too, and so were your rebel cohorts.
The map itself looked amazing. The ground went believably into the water, creating an excellent impression of the shore, and the fence around the volcano, the trees, and the buildings were all incredibly well done and thoughtfully placed. I also like the fact that shots that missed the mark ended in a poof of red, like scorch marks.
On to combat. This is particularly important in all custom maps for me. The weapons themselvs were great and fun to play with, and I like the fact you can adjust your play style on the run. In campaign, weapon drops and shield pick-ups added a cool touch to the fast-paced action. The battle was intense and fun in campaign.
Hidden/Spoiler:
There were very many awesome parts in this respect. The most memorable were the AT-ST fight, with proton torpedos and blaster bolts crashing around me, being trapped in the TIE hangar with shotgun toting TIE pilots, wielding a cluster bomb-capable mortar launcher alongside my fellow Rebels moving towards the Rock entrance, and then defending the explosives with my T-21. And of course, cutting trough fifty or so Stormtroopers before dueling Darth Vader.
The battles in Conquest were just as engaging, and I found the random alternating of fighting inside the complex and outside on the island great. The entire map and everything about it was just so...epic.

-
Ha, not really anything to complain about. As mentioned earlier, the weapon pickups can be annoying when fighting in the corridor, but really only if you get a rocket launcher or sniper, and I like being made to adjust my playing style, it makes gameplay more challenging. Also
Hidden/Spoiler:
the part where you have to switch those three sets of security consoles on, the wire mesh fencing really plays on the eyes and gets kind of confusing, but I know the path is laid clearly out. The visual of it is just kind of meshed together and blurry-like. At least on my comp.
The only other thing I noticed is that on conquest the battles often seem concentrated at one point,
Hidden/Spoiler:
Near where you destroy the AT-ST
but it was still incredibly fun.

I don't think there was really anything wrong with this map. Theres really nothing I can think of to make what this map is any better. It was just awesomness all around. Congratulations on an amazing series, and I hope you continue to make many more. :clone:
10/10
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I did the water thing, too. LOL.

Frustrating Story:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Beat Vader on my last life and when I respawned as Vace someone started shooting at me during the dialogue with Luke. When the dialogue was finished I rolled to the side to avoid the fire, only to fall into the pit that I hadn't realized was behind me.
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master

Hidden/Spoiler:
:lol: So does the rebel ops missions end :funny2:
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Ok, so I've rescued the Rogues but now I need help finding the caved-in entrance. I've traveled all across the island and can't find it.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Look for a group of boulders somewhere near the communication dish that you took out earlier (this part gave me the most trouble too in the first playthrough).
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Nova Hawk wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ok, so I've rescued the Rogues but now I need help finding the caved-in entrance. I've traveled all across the island and can't find it.
Hidden/Spoiler:
You can also find some of the metal "drain pipe" sticking out from under the rocks you need to find. Suffice it to say that it is right near the large sentry tower.
Press_Tilty
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Korsava IV - Pre WIP
Games I'm Playing :: MW2-Reach-BF2

Post by Press_Tilty »

Looks amazing, Mav.

One teeny detail....his boots clack on the grass...i have no idea if you even can fix it, but it's the only thing that pointed it out to me that it was a Mod map once you got going.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Press_Tilty wrote:One teeny detail....his boots clack on the grass...i have no idea if you even can fix it, but it's the only thing that pointed it out to me that it was a Mod map once you got going.
I'm glad you liked it, but please don't bump topics over 30 days old.

P.S. Every map has basically the same footfall foley sounds, unless you're on a specific prop or in water. You notice it in this one because it is often quiet.