Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

Post by Maveritchell »

General_Nate wrote:EDIT: Do you mind releasing a tut about how you did the cut scenes?
Fiodis wrote:And yes, those fadeouts like you had in Spira and now here, too, are one of the few things I could never even remotely figure out.
It's nothing super-difficult. Fade is a really easy one, it's one LUA callback and it's referenced in stock campaign scripts (although it's never used). Just search through them and you'll see how to use it. The cutscenes were all just scripted events, but I disabled the player and forced him into invisible vehicles. The end result looked just like a static camera.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Ah, I believe I've found it.

Code: Select all

BeginScreenTransition(0, .8, .5, .5, "FADE", "FADE") 
From coruscant campaign lua....that is it, yes?
Hawk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWRC

Post by Hawk »

wow
a new nice missiion. good work :thumbs:
BloodMaster
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by BloodMaster »

I'm just curious (This is a gameplay aspect), but on my first time, there were no snipers, replaying it the second time,there were (And it made it much harder than the first time), but while replaying it on the third time, they were gone again.

Was that intentional? Because I kinda liked the sniper rifles. :P
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

I think that that's just pure chance/bad luck.
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by StarkillerMarek »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Anyone here find the Walter gun yet? Not me.
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

StarkillerMarek wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Just play it for a bit longer. I found it on my second play through.
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by StarkillerMarek »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Will do!
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by General_Nate »

StarkillerMarek wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I found it on my first go through. Right before I got trapped in the hanger. Those poor pilots never knew what hit them. :wink:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Ran out of lives having to take out the AT-ST. Kept trying to take out a Shock Trooper to get a Mortar Launcher (took forever for one of them to drop one each time), but by the time I got one I only got one shot off and was sniped every time.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Teancum wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ran out of lives having to take out the AT-ST. Kept trying to take out a Shock Trooper to get a Mortar Launcher (took forever for one of them to drop one each time), but by the time I got one I only got one shot off and was sniped every time.
There is a rocket launcher as a preset drop on top of the generic building near the AT-ST dock (just like the rifle drop at the beginning).
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by General_Nate »

Maveritchell wrote:
Teancum wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
There is a rocket launcher as a preset drop on top of the generic building near the AT-ST dock (just like the rifle drop at the beginning).
Man, if I knew that I'd have saved tons of lives...
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Made it to the section with the security system puzzles after killing the rancor before I ran out of lives/got frustrated.
The map looks great and incorporates some really neat concepts, but I find difficulty in the campaign a little excessive in some areas (even with difficulty on normal and friendly fire on). For me it's mostly an issue of too many enemies that keep respawning, so I'll die, respawn with just a pistol, and have to hike over to the other side of the mountain with just as many enemies shooting at me hoping I'm able to find a rifle somewhere along the way. Personally, I would have set it up to have either a smaller number of enemies that do respawn, or the same number of enemies which don't respawn.

Minor frustrations about dying aside, this is really a spectacular piece of work. The cut-scenes were a clever idea and the dialogue was great. Basically, everything was great. I'll just need to give it a few more tries to get the hang of surviving against the enemies and finishing the campaign.
Jodandotson
Private Second Class

Post by Jodandotson »

Help![
Ive gotten to the part where I
Hidden/Spoiler:
have to get the third thing from ben
when ever I get near him, he runs away. His health bar is green, and I cant hurt him it all. Please, I am on my last life so I need to know how to kill him. This is a great map but has a few big glitches it seems.
Such as:
Hidden/Spoiler:
when you fight darth vader, if you kill each other at the same time, then it messes up and you have to restart the hole map.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Jodandotson wrote:His health bar is green, and I cant hurt him it all.
Green? He's set to a neutral team, I can't think of any settings you could have your game on that would:
a) Make a neutral team not be able to be damaged (and this is neutral, not friendly to all teams)
b) Make a health bar show as green

What version of the game are you running and what are your settings?
Jodandotson wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
when you fight darth vader, if you kill each other at the same time, then it messes up and you have to restart the hole map.
There's no way around that. There's not a feasible way to work in any kind of workaround to the player fighting the script - there are a couple times where the script has to take control of your character, and if you let yourself die then (or kill yourself) then I suppose you could see a crash. None of them are very likely to ever occur (the situation you named is the only one where you could do it unintentionally, and - let's be honest - how often do you kill another unit as they kill you?) That it would happen at that specific point is, while unfortunate for that playthrough for you, highly unlikely and not something I'm really worried about, because it is so rare.
Jodandotson
Private Second Class

Post by Jodandotson »

Maybe my monitor just makes the health bar look green(it did seem a bit yellow if thats what it should be)but, regardless of color, do I need to do something to be able to hurt this guy. Shoud I restart?

His health was like the storm trooper health in Aquilaris before you get caught if that helps any.
Last edited by Jodandotson on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Jodandotson wrote:Maybe my monitor just makes the health bar look green(it did seem a bit yellow if thats what it should be)but, regardless of color, do I need to do something to be able to hurt this guy. Shoud I restart?
I've noticed that the health bar on him doesn't change. I thought it was a glitch at first, too, but after I shot him enough, he died. So just be persistent.
Jodandotson
Private Second Class

Post by Jodandotson »

Beat it! It was awesome. Ya, Ben does not appear to lose health but he is. This is an incredible map! Nice work as usual mav! When ever I beat your stuff I feel like I have beat the impossible. It is a nice feeling.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I tried to throw Vader in the hole, he respawns, that would be a very cheating way to defeat him
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I followed Ben around and kept shooting him. He dies eventually. Mav: his health bar does show up as a green-ish color for me as well. I assumed this was because he was on a neutral team. As Jodandotson posted, this is also the same color that the health bars of the Imperials in Aquilaris were before the became hostile, at least in my game.