Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Re: Bakura: Rogue Assault (Rebel Ops Mission 03)

Post by Labj »

Unbeatable !! but... what an ending... i was hopping something better...
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by StarkillerMarek »

I played through it without dying the first time. Much easier than The Big "L". I found the drop gun feature sometimes irritating, like Fiodis said. At one point, I had the Arc Caster, then I have to pickup the dumb shotgun because it is right in the way of the walkway. I also noticed that you mispelled "meet" at point. Not to say that I would do any better, I am still in the first map stage.

I think of all the VT missions, this is my favorite. Any chance that Vace might be modeled after the creator, Mav?

So whats next on the "great maps made by Maveritchell" list?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

StarkillerMarek wrote:I also noticed that you mispelled "meet" at point.
The word "mete" is a completely different word from the word "meet." (I just went through my localization strings and I think that's what you were probably referring to.)
http://www.answers.com/mete
Labj wrote:but... what an ending... i was hopping something better...
The whole idea behind making these missions is that they can create a believable story that fits in the universe without making any significant changes. Because it was nestled in between the movies, anything that was more than a zero-sum game would wreck any chance of fitting in with the canon.
Fiodis wrote:Found a few bugs (water squares not quite touching the land at points)
That would be one bug if it existed, but what are you talking about?
Fiodis wrote:and a few inconveniances (due to the size of the weapon drops, I kept picking up bad ones by accident, especially in the tight corridors
That's intentional, I didn't want anyone getting too attached to one weapon. That's also why I made it so that you could only have one weapon at a time - so that you'd be forced to adapt your play based on the weapon you have.
StarkillerMarek wrote:Any chance that Vace might be modeled after the creator, Mav?
He looks nothing like me, although the name is anagrammatic of my name.
StarkillerMarek wrote:Much easier than The Big "L".
If you felt that it was too easy, be sure to set friendly fire off, use a non-awards profile, and set the AI difficulty to elite. There is a very large jump between normal AI and elite AI in this.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Very nice job. I've never been an enormous fan of any RPG style map/game (I tend to say that quite a bit?!?) but this deserves a thorough play through.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Grev wrote:Very nice job. I've never been an enormous fan of any RPG style map/game (I tend to say that quite a bit?!?) but this deserves a thorough play through.
Even if you're not a huge fan of RPG-style games (this is not really, anyway, it is much more of a shooter in line with games like Dark Forces or Goldeneye), there are still several varied modes for you to try out, and most of the modes are in different places.

Be sure to check out specifically the TDM modes for both GCW and KotOR (the latter being a bit of a throwback to a much earlier project of mine - I hate to have unused assets).
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Maveritchell wrote:
Fiodis wrote:Found a few bugs (water squares not quite touching the land at points)
Perhaps this?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Maybe it's not a big deal.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

AQT wrote:
Maveritchell wrote:
Perhaps this?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Maybe; I actually fixed that bug when it was mentioned in the beta, but I realized that water data is saved in the .ter file (which I had locked to read-only). The change wasn't saved, but it is now and I'll fix the map upload shortly. If you downloaded it with that bug feel free to download it again tomorrow at which time the file will be fixed.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

I mean that it was like a Wagner Bors. ending, circle to the inside, and 69 deaths !! the pick up weapons killed me those times, i am sure.
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Labj wrote:I mean that it was like a Wagner Bors. ending, circle to the inside!!
That's the classic ending to every star wars movie. :)
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AlexSecura »

Outstanding Job in realizing your pretty awesome SW Story ,Mav.

Missed the Beta but found last Night Time to play and (beta ;-) ) this Map.
I thought i could play fast through GCW Hunt Mode due to my actuall Time Lack but i needed,i think,more than 1 Hour, to beat it and i couldnt stop due to the awesome Campaign you hijacked me in.
You should mention in your first Post the approximate Lengths of your Story.
The Story in this Map more action packed.and is more Campaign than the Big L. RPG.What i personally enjoy more. :-)
Also the several differnt Locations in GCW and CW Conquest and TDM are great and i loved to play all of them.
I dont Mention the Tech.The Tech is ever at its highest level.Your Maps ever add a Bunch of new enjoyable Stuff to SWBF-2.
But about the Weapon Pick UP.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Its a great new Feature but sometimes also its also very annoying and time consumting,,let me tell.
When destroyig the AT-ST you need to fight besides of that against the defending Troops.
At this Place its hard to get back the Rocket Launcher.After picking a Rifle,the RL rare appears to pick.
I loved the ShotGun but dont liked the (not sure with the Name) Lightning Rifle later in the Story.For me that Rifle i underpowerd .Hate to pick it up accidentally while fightig in the Corridors leading to the Middle of the Mountain.For me it slows down Gameplay/Fun a bit at this Stage of the Level.
Is there a Way to not pick the Weapons automatically? So you pick by yourself by pressing E or middle Mouse or so?
About the Story
Hidden/Spoiler:
I sure loved the patrolling AT-ST,the Rancor fight in the Waste Press ,Luke fighting his way through the Tunnel ending in defeating Vader although the last Location inside the Middle of Mountain.The Shields Area where you place the Detpacks is for my taste a pretty awesome Story (and although Conquest) Place.I love such Areas much. Hidden Tunnels and Corridors that lead into a Mountain and ending in inside a Secret undergrounded Facilitys is for me ever a Epic Win.
This Series is a pretty awesome Conversion of Dreams of a real SW Fan.
A Masterpiece of a Map Series
:thumbs:
9,8/10 for Aquilaris
9,5/10 for Big L
10/10 for Bakura
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Maveritchell wrote:
AQT wrote:
Maveritchell wrote:
Perhaps this?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Maybe; I actually fixed that bug when it was mentioned in the beta, but I realized that water data is saved in the .ter file (which I had locked to read-only). The change wasn't saved, but it is now and I'll fix the map upload shortly. If you downloaded it with that bug feel free to download it again tomorrow at which time the file will be fixed.
Good of you to fix such a small bug; that is indeed what I was talking about.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Rancor fight for me lasted all of eight seconds as my three friends triple-teamed the poor beast.
About that, though,
Hidden/Spoiler:
Why was the Rancor's head at such an odd angle? Did you use MetalRancor's Rancor? If so, why is that when you have some fixed Rancors from DT Felucia?
masterfaa
Lance Corporal

Post by masterfaa »

Nice work as always Mav :thumbs:
i think its better than the 1st 2
The weapon drop system rules!Your a genius!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Fiodis wrote:Good of you to fix such a small bug; that is indeed what I was talking about.
I was very frustrated to find that any bug existed at all especially when I'd already fixed it. In any case it does not exist right now. :wink:
Fiodis wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Rancor fight for me lasted all of eight seconds as my three friends triple-teamed the poor beast.
About that, though,
Hidden/Spoiler:
Why was the Rancor's head at such an odd angle? Did you use MetalRancor's Rancor? If so, why is that when you have some fixed Rancors from DT Felucia?
Hidden/Spoiler:
The rancor fight isn't supposed to be too difficult, it's just there to move the story along and be something a little different. Really, anything you do with the Rogues should be pretty easy as they are essentially invincible.

Also, I did use my rancor, if he did something weird it was just what happened to happen there. They are no different from the ones in Dark Times (discounting the texture).
StarkillerMarek
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by StarkillerMarek »

Oh sorry, about that word mixup. And no it was not too easy, I still have not bested the Big "L".

All in all, very good map. Sometimes though, some of the corridors looked a little lacking detail.
jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by jangoisbaddest »

Expertly done, sir. I especially liked the cutscenes. I just wish the music wouldn't cut out as you read - your music selections were awsome (The "let's blow this thing and go home" queue for the ATST battle, for example). Now I really want to do an RPGish single player mod.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

...must...resist...urge...to read...spoilers...aargh!

It looks very well done andI can't wait to play it, which is bad, cause I have to... :runaway:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Just played it. Great map, Maveritchell!...again.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I think my favorite part was the Han Solo reference at the beginning.
"I don't know, tell them a hokey story about a dangerous coolant leak, say 'Have a nice day,' or just shoot the console! Do something!"

That made my day.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Maveritchell wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The rancor fight isn't supposed to be too difficult, it's just there to move the story along and be something a little different. Really, anything you do with the Rogues should be pretty easy as they are essentially invincible.

Also, I did use my rancor, if he did something weird it was just what happened to happen there. They are no different from the ones in Dark Times (discounting the texture).
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hmm - I played through it again, to see if it wasn't a one-time Rancor glitch. He did it again. Maybe the DT ones did as well....he walks sort of hunched over (a necessary quirk of fitting that model to a normal skeleton, I suppose) but at times (such as when he's shot or on death) he looks straight up.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Downloaded for the first time. CGW hunt crashed. tried 4 times, crashed.

Downloaded for the second time. CGW hunt crashed. tried 2 times, crashed.

Don't know why. :x (I have almost 20 maps + convo pack)
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I wasn't surprised when Ben turned out to be a double agent. I knew right from the moent I was contacted by him on The Big L.
You've been told at the beginning of this thread to use hide tags for spoilers. - Staff