The Big "L" (Rebel Ops Mission 02)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The Big "L" (Rebel Ops Mission 02)

Post by jangoisbaddest »

Amazing work, Mav. It has, in fact, inspired me.

I actually did notice the homeage to both Zelda and Rebel Assault. Rebel assault was particularly obvious because it was just about as painfully difficult as that game was (the third section I mean...the first two were just right IMO). Difficult but fun. The mark of a truly great gameplay experience.

On a side note (and I don't mean to pressure you, just to inquire), are you going to release the scripts to the Thermill missions sometime?

Thank you for providing gameplay that nearly beats most commercial video games nowadays.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

jangoisbaddest wrote:On a side note (and I don't mean to pressure you, just to inquire), are you going to release the scripts to the Thermill missions sometime?
Hah, I wish. I'd be first in line. Aquilaris's script (along with my assets) were lost in a computer reformat (the only things I lost :? ), and just before I released Big L, all of its scripts were lost - they were removed from my computer without a trace (do not ask; I don't have any answers and I'm very angry about losing that work). Those are the only files I've ever lost - ever. It is frustrating.

All the knowledge is still in my head, though, so if you have any questions about how I did something, make a thread and I'll be happy to tell you how to do it.
jangoisbaddest
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by jangoisbaddest »

Maveritchell wrote:
jangoisbaddest wrote:On a side note (and I don't mean to pressure you, just to inquire), are you going to release the scripts to the Thermill missions sometime?
Hah, I wish. I'd be first in line. Aquilaris's script (along with my assets) were lost in a computer reformat (the only things I lost :? ), and just before I released Big L, all of its scripts were lost - they were removed from my computer without a trace (do not ask; I don't have any answers and I'm very angry about losing that work). Those are the only files I've ever lost - ever. It is frustrating.

All the knowledge is still in my head, though, so if you have any questions about how I did something, make a thread and I'll be happy to tell you how to do it.
That's a real bummer. >< Sorry to hear that, Mav.

I'm sure I'll take you up on your offer at some point. I am a programming student, but have only basic knowledge/experience with C++ at this point (outside of learning LUA through this game). Thank you.
negah
Corporal
Corporal

Post by negah »

Its time to install SWBF2 again :D
Skipper 24
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Skipper 24 »

A great map :D. I am enjoying this addition to your Rebel Ops series.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I have got up to the bulkhead control panel bit where you have 15 seconds to run through this door. I have no idea which door this is. Any help?
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

Hidden/Spoiler:
its the door you pass when you come to the panel, after you actuvated it use the grappling hook to get through the door and go through the similar door which has opened now
negah
Corporal
Corporal

Post by negah »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Cant get through the triangle shaped tunnel in the 'escape' part of the map. Lost 12 Lives and failed. Reminds me on the tarining missions in X-Wing games and on the Battle of Endor mission in X-Wing Alliance. That was pretty tricky too.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

Hidden/Spoiler:
if you didnt do that yet, drive the ship in the cockpitview, i think thats easyer and looks also better
Dom380
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Dom380 »

its stupid you have made the ending to hard
Hidden/Spoiler:
I get near the end but then its just to small to fly throught I have had to cheat to get more lives so I don't start again
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

Hidden/Spoiler:
well, yes the flying is very difficult, but its easy when you entered the pipe
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Hidden/Spoiler:
yeah, the blue triangles >.<
I liked it. Challenging and more emphasis on skills besides holding down a trigger :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
@Mav, I think I know who the Imperial spy is and how he infiltrates R.S.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

Hidden/Spoiler:
well, kinetus it was nice knowing you
i wish you luck, now that yuo are being chased by imperial spys...
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Grr...This is an awesome map you made, Mav, but I found the final fan to be quite a nuisance, and only got past it once since I got lucky. I also couldn't get past the falling platforms, as there wasn't enough time to reposition yourself to make the final jump from the last falling platform. Any help?
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Ping wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Grr...This is an awesome map you made, Mav, but I found the final fan to be quite a nuisance, and only got past it once since I got lucky. I also couldn't get past the falling platforms, as there wasn't enough time to reposition yourself to make the final jump from the last falling platform. Any help?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Look up for a glowing delight. It's easier from there.
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

Ping wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yeah, his jump is really slow. Don't take too much time on it, just keep jumping.
EDIT: Darn, Nihilo beat me.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

It's not the same hint, you are pointing him to the more straight forward way of getting to the end, I'm suggesting a shortcut. Both are valid.
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Argh, those darn probe droids.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I also experienced a problem. For some reason, I could not enter the turret heating control station thing. I kept trying using acces but it never worked. I'll try again.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

H_BOMB wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I also experienced a problem. For some reason, I could not enter the turret heating control station thing. I kept trying using acces but it never worked. I'll try again.
You can only enter exactly when you need to; and you have to have listened to Ben's message before you get in.
Dom380 wrote:its stupid you have made the ending to hard
What would have been stupid would have been making it too easy. It is completely possible, and once you get the hang of flying (in either first or third person, both are fine), it's actually pretty easy. If you are expecting it to be easy the first time around, you are barking up the wrong tree. I want the user to feel like they've accomplished something when they win.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Maveritchell wrote:
H_BOMB wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
You can only enter exactly when you need to; and you have to have listened to Ben's message before you get in.
Actually, I think he can't access it because he is using the access "weapon" instead of pressing the use key.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Nihillo wrote:
Ping wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Look up for a glowing delight. It's easier from there.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Tried it with the fans, and I was too far away for it to work.