UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 17

Post by Delta 47 »

Ah I see thanks for clearing that up :wink:
epm01
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 17

Post by epm01 »

Is this going to be multiplayer compatible?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 25

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

It is and will always be multiplayer compatible.

RepSharpShooter came up with a Control (crtl) game mode over the past day. Its bassed off of King of the Hill. Instead of capturing a hill, you control a region to gain points. Its already been included and will come out in the next release.

The next release will have all of the FC mod in it too (I'd guess Saturday night if it doesn't get too hot here).

Edit:
Seems that the era filter list functions as follows: If G is selected then G, if All is selected then all, else C.

Edit 2:
Sorry about my slow progress. It didn't get too hot, but everytime I get on XFire someone has new questions for me and I took Monday off. I've got half of the FakeConsole commands imported/converted. Only 1584 more lines to go...

Edit 3:
New release: revision 25. It fully integerates the FC mod. The FakeConsole list no longer closes when you click a command. You have to press Esc or select the 'Exit Screen' command to close the list. Some of FakeConsole commands now use a 'prompt pop-up'. When you see it, you don't need to select the text box. Just start typing away. The Esc button cancels the pop-up, while the Enter button accepts it if you don't want to click on the yes/no buttons. Currently the commands that use the pop-up only accept numbers. I cannot be held responsible if you don't type in a valid number.

I've typed out almost all the FakeConsole descriptions, but I have no where to put them. The FakeConsole list fills the screen when I see it using the modTools.exe. I would have to cut the list in half (would display only 8 commands at a time) to add in a description area. Do you guys have a problem with this or a better idea on how to add the command descriptions?

Sorry about taking an extra week, I rewrote the entire FakeConsole list. It no longer uses a massive if/elseif. Instead, each command is directly run (instead of checking the command name to see what to run), The v1.2 patch will be integerated into the v1.3 patch on its next release. Oh, and I'm going to bump this topic...
tsurugi13
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by tsurugi13 »

I don't have any issues with it being shorter. Descriptions would be great though!
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta 47 »

changelog - shell.lvl wrote:Changed background image: iface_bgmeta_space.tga
The backgroun image is still the same.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

delta 47 wrote:...The background image is still the same.
Actually Teancum adjusted it a bit. The background image is really not complete. In the original image, everything behind those section borders is just plain black. Teancum made a few minor changes to hide that when the game mode selection area was expanded for the pack's new game modes. Since then there has been more layout changes, but the image hasn't been updated a second time. You can see the blackness at the bottom of the game mode selection section. If you look close, you'll see a bar of blackness instead of space in the background.

I'm glad to know that at least one person reads the extra docs I'm writing :thumbs:
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Inactive

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

You're going to make strings for the other languages too, right?
If so, I could translate them to german. :)
ARC_Commander
High General
High General

Post by ARC_Commander »

You could possibly make a two-column view - one for the commands, one for the descriptions?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Aman/Pinguin wrote:You're going to make strings for the other languages too, right?
No, the only spoken language I know is messed up American English. I had been planning on posting the source by now, but the server I'm using from school doesn't have enough space on it. If you want to add translations, catch me on XFire and I'll send it to whoever. However, it might be best if I get the descriptions displayed before having people spend time on the translations.

Hmm, that column view might be better... Will have to try it out.

Also, I can still use more era and game mode icons...
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

Nice, and some real improvements to fakeconsole you made there too. Much better.

Two little things I'm sure you already know or would have found out anyway: in FakeConsole you misspelled friendly in "teleporting friendly AI", and for both teams the "Enhanced Blasters" bonus is called... some other bonus (forgot, Energy Boost?); you'll see as it's listed twice.

Note for Zerted by Zerted: Fixed
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta 47 »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Actually Teancum adjusted it a bit. The background image is really not complete. In the original image, everything behind those section borders is just plain black. Teancum made a few minor changes to hide that when the game mode selection area was expanded for the pack's new game modes. Since then there has been more layout changes, but the image hasn't been updated a second time. You can see the blackness at the bottom of the game mode selection section. If you look close, you'll see a bar of blackness instead of space in the background.
Ah, I see now.
[RDH]Zerted wrote:I'm glad to know that at least one person reads the extra docs I'm writing :thumbs:
Yeah, I try to read all the changes and stuff :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Just checking, but will the Convo Pack version have the concept art and stuff back in?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

No, I didn't notice the typos. Thanks.

Its up to you. I was going to PM you and ask what you wanted in the patch from the pack. If you want it in, I'll need your latest shell source. I think the art screens changed since the last version I have.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Maybe we'll hold out. I never updated the viewing code like we talked about to allow for previous/next/go back.
ARC_Commander
High General
High General

Post by ARC_Commander »

Zerted, do you have a BFX icon currently?
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta 47 »

Can you add an extra tab in the Instant Action list between Hunt and the video screen for the Extra modes? So you can change the reinforcement count, etc. Like have all the Extra modes in one tab that would be cool :thumbs:
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I keep the first post updated with the era icons. I don't have icons for the BFX eras.

A long time ago I looked into adding settings for the custom game modes. IT would be cool, but the code hacks to support it are crazy. There is no easy way to get information from the shell into ingame through the lua. The game clears/resets everything when switching from the shell to ingame and from each map to the next. The only thing I've found that says is the net player name. I can pass the information appended to the name then ripe it out again, but the time to write the config screens and the settings code isn't worth it.

For modders, you can link the custom game modes to the existing settings, such as Holocron captures being the same count as 1-Flag CTF captures. For players, you can just use the FakeConsole to directly change the capture or reinforcement counts, but dedicated servers don't have that option.

A plus for leaving out the extra content is that it greatly reduces the download size. The downside is of course that you can't see the pictures. A set of images could always be released by itself to be downloaded and viewed...
ARC_Commander
High General
High General

Post by ARC_Commander »

So are the icons meshes? Or are they just textures? Because if they're just textures, I can put one together myself.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

The stuff you see in the shell (era and game mode icons) are just textures from tga files (which I need). The spinning CP icons are the meshes (which I don't need).
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Revision 25's Download Link isn't working for me. Something about an invalid security certificate?