UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

ARC_Commander
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 36

Post by ARC_Commander »

I was just looking through Fake Console in 1.3. I like the new view - one thing though. "Enable Tumble Recovery" allows units to get up faster when knocked over / falling. It equates to the "RecoverFromTumble = 1" ODF parameter.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I'm not going to change the icons unless someone sends me new ones. Those where shipped with the game. They are not really darker, but inverted. Also, the MP map filter list is directly based off of the game's retail MP map selection list. At least for now, it would be too much of a pain to try to insert all of the user's mod maps into the filter list.

I've fixed all the other above noted problems except the Assualt mode stuff. If you want me to do anything with mislabeled game modes/eras, I need the modes' character ids.

I'll make another release whenever Aman/Pinguin decides to use XFire and stops :sleep:. Of course, translating those descriptions would take a lot of work, so take your time resting. Thanks.

My home server is up and running, but has no content and is blocked by a firewall. The v1.3 patch is steadily moving foward.
epm01
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by epm01 »

One thing that I've noticed is that if you get killed while in FreeCam by a unit or other player the Unit spawn thing comes up (I love how it doesn't kill you when you go into FreeCam now), Would it be possible for you to make that not come up till you re-enter the game (Chase Camera > Resume).
Culvar
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Culvar »

Is there anby chance for a get rid of hud file like the 1.2 had?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Changing into FreeCam doesn't make you leave the game. Your player is still in it. If you die, the game will display the unit selection screen because you died and now you need to respawn. If you want to look at the map in MP without the risk of being killed, you should spectate instead of joining a team.

Yes, when I get around to it there will be releases with something to run to remove the hud. I want to get my server up and running first...
I,clone
Private Recruit

Post by I,clone »

Will the Movie mod exactly be the movie battle featering only all the kinds of vihicles clone troopers,soldiers etc.?
For example:
Utapau with the B1 Battle Droids,B2 Super Battle Droids, Droideka's,IG-100 Magnaguards (with cape and saberstaff),Securety Battle Droids,212th Clone Troopers,Paraj Clone Troopers,Obi-Wan,Grevous,Laat Gunships and much more... but without Heavy troopers,sharpshooters and engenieers. And Utapau will not have GCW.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

The movie mode is open for anyone who wants to do something with it. Right now there are no mods planned.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Revision 41:
  • Support for custom FC commands
  • Has German translation
  • Minor bug fixes
Full v1.3 Source Map/Code

A map with two custom FC commands is in the same download folder as the v1.3 patch revision 41. If you want to look at the map's lua (where all the important stuff happens), its LVLy_con.lua under the source code. If you want the entire source code (3GB), I recommend installing Bazaar and using that to grab the project (bzr branch http://zerted3.getmyip.com:8585/src/bzr/data_LVL/). If you just want to look at parts of the code, browse the site.
ARC_Commander
High General
High General

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 41

Post by ARC_Commander »

You might want to rename the "Knights of the Old Republic" era to "KOTOR" - it currently takes up two lines.
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

I agree with ARC, and what do i Download for R. 41? once you get past lvl_pc directory, its a jumble from there on....
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Hey Zerted, can you add _seige mode support? Adventfear reminded me I wanted to do that (as a side project). I've just always forgotten to request it. I'll see if I can whip up an icon.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Super_Clone wrote:...what do i Download for R. 41? once you get past lvl_pc directory, its a jumble from there on....
To download the v1.3 patch, use the link download on the first page. To browse the source code, browse the files/folders and the source link. To download the source code, use Bazaar. To use the example map, download it where you download the patch and install it like a normal map. To see the lua of the example map, look at LVLy_con.lua under the source code link.

The example map shows you how to directly set the side selection screen names and how to make custom FC commands. If you're going to be making custom FC commands, you might also want to look at ifs_fakeconsole.lua, utility_functions.lua, and fakeconsole_functions.lua in the Common\scripts folders. I tried to document all the functions in utility_functions and fakeconsole_functions.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

I dont know whether I'm missing something or doing something wrong (other than installing it wrong, I can assure you), but this latest revision's FakeConsole isn't working for me. I can't select any codes, I can click em but nothing happens, and there's no OK button (thought there was one in the previous version, not sure)
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Clicking on any of the commands shouldn't change your screen. I tried to make it update the description when a command was run, but it would get replaced by the FC command's description faster then you could see it (maybe I should try doing it again? this time, track the highlighted command index number for changes between updates instead of the text itself? ).

To close the FakeConsole screen, select the 'Exit Screen' command near the top of the list or press the Escape key (Esc).
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

[RDH]Zerted wrote: To close the FakeConsole screen, select the 'Exit Screen' command near the top of the list or press the Escape key (Esc).
I know, pressing "Exit Screen" doesn't do anything, and neither do any of the other commands.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

The_Emperor wrote:...pressing "Exit Screen" doesn't do anything, and neither do any of the other commands.
Oh, then yes thats a problem. Is anyone who is having this problem able to post a debug log showing them attempting to run a FC command?

Edit: I'm not sure what problems you guys are having. Everything works fine for me... I will need a debug log from someone to see what might be the problem.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

I think the closed beta of the Convo pack Messes up the Fake Console. I reinstalled Revision 41 and it works fine for me now.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

For some reason, I installed this and now there's no jet trooper on Utapau. Huh.
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

Zerted and Rep, i think you guys are doing a fantastic job on this, i just had to say what was on my mind...
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

my original message wrote:
Hebes24 wrote:I think the closed beta of the Convo pack Messes up the Fake Console. I reinstalled Revision 41 and it works fine for me now.
I reinstalled revision 41 too and it still doesn't work. I'll see if I can find the time to post a debug log for you
Well I started a server to get a BFront2 log, and there was no problem at all... All commands worked just fine this time... Ill go check single-player again.

EDIT: It seems to work on all non-convo pack maps...

hooray for bumping without doubleposting!