UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 69

Post by Maveritchell »

The installation fails on my game under a number of different circumstances, including a freshly installed-and-patched and a new install without patch.

Judging by the output, it looks like whatever means you're using to locate the source folders doesn't like dealing with folders with spaces:

Code: Select all

'Files\LucasArts\Star' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
It gives me errors for every file it tries to replace, but I suspect that this is only because of the above.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Zerted, this is amazing! Thanks a lot! :D

Hey what does custom weapon models mean? In the list in the first post..

You've done a great job! :thumbs:
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

@Maveritchell: Looks like it isn't liking the space in your path. Thats going to be a problem for lots of people :cpu:. It gets SWBF2's location from the Windows registry. Is what you quoted what the menu displays when you first start it or does it give your the correct path?

@MandeRek: The weapon models are from v1.2. The readme in the docs folder gives a complete list.
Super_Clone
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Super_Clone »

Hey zerted can you add seperate commands that add jetpack with different jetpack effects? and maybe add a command that can add new weapons for single player on youunit you are playing?
Edit: The Spaces mess up the installation, i have the same problem with the spaces, please fix it, or is it possible to fix by my self?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:@Maveritchell: Looks like it isn't liking the space in your path. Thats going to be a problem for lots of people :cpu:. It gets SWBF2's location from the Windows registry. Is what you quoted what the menu displays when you first start it or does it give your the correct path?
It displays the correct path when it prompts you on startup to check the locations of SWBF2, the "LVL folder," and "SIDE folder." That error is the first thing displayed when you choose "1" in the next prompt to install 1.3.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Super_Clone wrote:...commands that add jetpack with different jetpack effects?
...a command that can add new weapons for single player on you unit you are playing?
The Spaces mess up the installation... is it possible to fix by my self?
No. bin never made an effect before. I don't think I can learn how to do that and get them in all in one day. If ye can build them by to'morrow, then I can give a go' to get them in...

I can make th' game check fer a lvl file and attempt to run a certain function in it. Doin' this would allow ye to make ye own custom FC commands without havin' to munge a new v1.3. It would take me 'bout 1/3 a day to do it. Anyone want this feature?

As fer addin' new weapons, I don't be knowin' what weapons th' game has already loaded, so I wouldn't be able to be tellin' which weapons would be safe to add and which would cause crashes. I do plan on addin' a 'code console' which would allow ye to directly type in any lua code in'ame. However, dependin' on how much time I have to add it, it may not gift much feedback as to if ye made a typo in ye code and it didn't set the sails. If I have lots 'o time, it gunna be a new screen. If I don't have a lot 'o time, then it gunna just use th' prompt popup. And with th' continued installation problems, its lookin' like I won't have much time.

If th' spaces issue be fixable, then it can be fixed by puttin' quotes around every path in th' batch files. Don't put them around any SETs. ye would have to put them around thin's like %lvl%\%%D%retail% so: "%lvl%\%%D%retail%"
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Maveritchell wrote:
[RDH]Zerted wrote:@Maveritchell: Looks like it isn't liking the space in your path. Thats going to be a problem for lots of people :cpu:. It gets SWBF2's location from the Windows registry. Is what you quoted what the menu displays when you first start it or does it give your the correct path?
It displays the correct path when it prompts you on startup to check the locations of SWBF2, the "LVL folder," and "SIDE folder." That error is the first thing displayed when you choose "1" in the next prompt to install 1.3.
Okay, so I'm having the same errors as you have.. Again.. What will fix it? :?
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

Am I having a different problem? :? I'll let you decide, when I start the Menu.bat I get this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]---- Folders ----
SWBF2: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\
LVL folder: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA\_
LVL_PC
Side folder: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA\_
LVL_PC\SIDE

If these folders seem wrong, type 'n' now to cancel or press Enter to continue:[/code]
Which is right so the installation should work...I continue and install it and this is what I get:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]---- Main Menu ----
The system cannot find the path specified.
1. Install the UnOfficial v1.3 Patch
0. Exit

Type in a menu item number: 1

Installing...

Updating the sides...
Patching all.lvl
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
usage: bspatch.exe oldfile newfile patchfile
Patching imp.lvl
Patching rep.lvl
Patching cis.lvl
Patching allshell.lvl
Patching impshell.lvl
Patching repshell.lvl
Patching cisshell.lvl

Updating the main lvls...
Patching common.lvl
Patching ingame.lvl
Patching shell.lvl

Updating the strings...

Updating the settings...
A subdirectory or file C:\Program already exists.
Error occurred while processing: C:\Program.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.

Press any key to continue . . .[/code]
None of the files get updated and in the folder where all the 1.3 Patch files are a bunch of folders appear named like: "Battlefront", "Files", "II", "Wars", and there are more folders inside them its just like a jumbled SWBF2 directory path and there all empty. Again if this is the same problem as Mav than I am terribly :oops: Wouldn't it be easier just to make an installer like the 1.2 Patch?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

delta 47 wrote:...Again if this is the same problem as Mav than I am terribly :oops: Wouldn't it be easier just to make an installer like the 1.2 Patch?
It be th' same problem (spaces in ye path), but I be glad ye posted th' installation log. I preferred to learn Batch programmin' compared to a random speak fer th' installer. A batch file was th' first code I had ever written and I never knew how to do move advanced thin's (compared to just displayin' a few lines) with it until now. Also once th' installation works, thar be some more options in th' menu to configure th' v1.3 patch. I reckon these would have be harder to do with a packaged exe installer.

I gunna set the sails on th' installation fix t'night when I get home from set the sails. Expect it around 7pm EST. th' jolly news be that ye gunna only need to re-download th' small batch files. If I had used an exe and had a problem, ye would 'o had to re-download th' entire 55MB file again.

Edit: Seems r69 might have a crashing bug in it, so its good that none of you can install it. I've fixed the installation problems. Theres a couble more things I want to do before I make another release.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Ok I mean it, I'll stop double posting after this.
Get Revision 74 (55MB) Here:
  • Added a preview video for all the official maps
  • Can now remove/restore the HUD changes
  • Added the FakeConsole command: Code Console
  • Installer now handles spaces in the paths
  • Reduced some debug output
Known Bugs:
  • If you remove the HUD then you get floating weapon icons
Everything I was planning on adding is in. Is someone good with HUDs able to help me solve the floating icon problem tomorrow? I have not yet updated the online source code for r74. Oh, I should update the docs for those discovered cheat codes and there are a few more German translations to do. So far the v1.3 patch has only been translated to English and German. If you want another language, now is your last time to speak up.
Maxunit

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch - revision 74

Post by Maxunit »

Wow, cool to see, that people still improve SWBFII with unofficial patches and mods.

I got back to this game after "ages" and found my way to this forum. Installed SWBFII with Patch 1.1 and 1.2, downloading 1.3 Rev74 right now :P

Will check it out ASAP.

Greetz,

Maxunit

EDIT:

I can't install the Patch, since the relative Paths in the registry are just...missing. I installed SWBFII today with Patch 1.1 (uninstalled Patch 1.2) and the relative path's are somehow missing in my registry.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with SP1.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I don't have Vista so I can't check it. Can anyone with Vista search for Battlefront in the Windows registry? Its in there somewhere or else VisualMunge wouldn't work.

You can edit menu.bat to get it work
1) Open menu.bat with a text editor
2) Around line 8 is a line starting with For /F "tokens=2* delims=. Delete this line.
3) Just under that is a line starting with SET swbf2=%swbf2:Battlefront . Change this to be SET swbf2=<your game's path> where <you gam'e path> is the full path to SWBF2's GameData folder. Example: SET swbf2=d:\games\Battlefront II\GameData
4) Save and re-run menu.bat. The installation will work this time if you typed everything correctly.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

There's an issue with Battlefront's folder hierarchy in Vista; I'm sure the problem lies in this. To find the missing folders, go to your "GameData" folder and click the "Compatibility Folders" button on the tab at the top of the explorer window.
Maxunit

Post by Maxunit »

It still wants to me define the BattlefrontII.exe path.

Trying if this works:

SET swbf2=D:\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\
Some more info:

Next to my Vista version I have the International version from SWBFII instead of the US version, patching it with 1.1 was working, running it with either the Desktop shortcut of the Games menu shortcut works, only the registry entries are missing or somewhere else. Windows Vista has a different structure :/

Will edit my post, if it worked.

EDIT:

It worked for the installation, now let's see, if it will work in-game.

Thanks for the help :)

Seems to work in-game as well, the 1.1 thing at the top still confused me, but the Instant Action menu showed new content, but with missing things/bug, screenshot here:

Screenshot

Any ideas/suggestions for a fix? Or is this a known problem?

EDIT 2:

Okay, I just tried to run Hoth with XL mode in Instant Action and the game went back to Desktop after the map loaded a bit. I think the mod has some problems with my SWBFII installation... -.-
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

Zerted, how would i open the menu bat file with a text editor, i cant see a option to open with a diff. application....
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Jump on XFire Maxunit if thats you. I'll be on all day until everythings finished and packaged. If only the strings are the things missing then look for a file named v1.3patch_strings.lvl. It should be in GameData\_LVL_PC

I didn't change the version number since its an unofficial patch, but it should be an easy change to make if people think its a good idea.

I can't say why your game is crashing without a debug log. My only guess without it is Vista's folder structure.

Open menu.bat with notepad. You could rename it to menu.bat.txt, edit it, then rename it back to menu.bat. That might be easiest. You can also open notepad, then use notepad's Open File to open the menu.bat.
ARC_Commander
High General
High General

Post by ARC_Commander »

Okay, I just checked out the AAA script. Turns out that the memory pool responsible for loading mission.lvl entries maxes out at 500 mission scripts.

It appears that it has little to do with the whole AddDownloadableContent thing - the log file lists all of the entries, all 503 of them when the most recent CP beta and my pre-alpha BFX are installed.

The culprit appears to be whatever is responsible for loading mission scripts into memory.

This is what the logfile says:

Message Severity: 3
.\Source\LoadUtil.cpp(1019)
Unable to find level chunk  in MISSION.lvl

Message Severity: 3
.\Source\LuaHelper.cpp(112)
OpenScript(yav1b_1flag): script (45e976b2) not found

Message Severity: 5
.\Source\GameState.cpp(1283)
Could not open MISSION\yav1b_1flag.lvl
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

So you're saying if AddDownloadableContent() is called over 500 times suddently a bunch of maps break? It thats so, I can limit AddDownloadableContent() to 500 calls and inform the player to remove some maps if it goes over 500.

I uploaded a new menu.bat (in SWBF2-v1.3patch menu r74.zip) that should work with XP and Vista: http://zerted3.getmyip.com:8585/mods/v1.3/

Edit: I'm rewriting the installer so there will be no worry about what version any of your files are. However, it will greatly increase the download size. Sadly, I think its for the best :(
Pyroblade
Private Recruit

Post by Pyroblade »

Oh, I know your todo list shows "doublecheck localization strings," but I can save you some time and let you know that the mode description for Classic Conquest is still localized as "TODO."
Hehe, once we have Aman checking it again we´ll have it triplechecked in german! :runaway:

we'll have most of the strings tripple-checked in german as a matter of fact
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

it crashes my game....