UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r117 - Final Release)

Post by AQT »

Because that would break online/multiplayer compatibility.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

AQT wrote:Because that would break online/multiplayer compatibility.
Wha...? I don't think so. The 1.2 patch already changes meshes and textures around, how would this be different?

@ Nova Hawk
I'm not quite sure what your talking about since I'm not familiar with all the phase numbers/legion numbers (I couldn't care less, frankly, game play stays the same), but this is a 1.2 patch issue Zerted had nothing to do with it.
Forever#Alex

Post by Forever#Alex »

Hello there, I recently attempted to install this patch, I am running windows vista x64, I extracted to the correct directory and ran the menu.bat as admin, it gave me and error saying it was not in the correct directory and was exiting to prevent harm to my system.

I left the AAA-v1.3patch file in my addon and played swbf2, and despite "not installing" it seems to have changed a lot of game files. When playing it appears that the game is being rendered in a fish-eye type filter, everything is being sucked in towards the center of the screen, albeit the effect is subtle, but enough to annoy me and completely through off my aim.

I have tried un-installing the patch, but as I said before the menu.bat will shut down as soon as I start it.

I uninstalled my game three times, the last time I deleted my entire lucas arts folder incase the problem was somewhere that the swbf2 uninstaller was neglecting, but each time from a clean install I start up the game to the same problems.

I tried looking around my registry, but I will admit I am not the most experianced in this regard and couldn't find anything that seemed like it would be the problem.

And finally I did a system restore, again to no avail.

At this point I don't want the patch anymore, all I want is to be able to play my game the way it shipped. If any of you can help I would really really appreciate it.

-Alex

xfire: darthexige
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Forever#Alex wrote:Hello there, I recently attempted to install this patch, I am running windows vista x64, I extracted to the correct directory and ran the menu.bat as admin, it gave me and error saying it was not in the correct directory and was exiting to prevent harm to my system.

I left the AAA-v1.3patch file in my addon and played swbf2, and despite "not installing" it seems to have changed a lot of game files. When playing it appears that the game is being rendered in a fish-eye type filter, everything is being sucked in towards the center of the screen, albeit the effect is subtle, but enough to annoy me and completely through off my aim.

I have tried un-installing the patch, but as I said before the menu.bat will shut down as soon as I start it.

I uninstalled my game three times, the last time I deleted my entire lucas arts folder incase the problem was somewhere that the swbf2 uninstaller was neglecting, but each time from a clean install I start up the game to the same problems.

I tried looking around my registry, but I will admit I am not the most experianced in this regard and couldn't find anything that seemed like it would be the problem.

And finally I did a system restore, again to no avail.

At this point I don't want the patch anymore, all I want is to be able to play my game the way it shipped. If any of you can help I would really really appreciate it.

-Alex

xfire: darthexige
When uninstalling any map or mod on Vista, you should always make sure that your "Compatibility Files" are cleaned out, as they often make a backup of files you have installed. What I would do is browse to your "GameData" folder, click on the icon at the top of Explorer that says "Compatibility Files" and clean out the addon folder you find in there.

The 1.3 patch does not and should not do what you say, although it is possible to use it to enable that kind of perspective shift. If you're having problems running the 1.3 patch's menu.bat because you're running Vista, there's no reason you should be forced to skip out on all the patch has to offer (and still be able to have your game look just like the shipped version). You should just have to run the menu.bat through the command prompt, but you will need to run the command prompt in administrator mode.
Mango359

Post by Mango359 »

Alright so this is what is going on, I follow the exact steps of the readme, I made the AAA-v1.3patch folder and then extract this patch there. I start up the game and nothing, it's just the defualt Stock Game with nothing changed, is this normal?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Did you run menu.bat?
Mango359

Post by Mango359 »

Yes I did, I saw it said it was finished, I hit enter and then started the game and nothing.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Also, watch for errors in the log while it's installing.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Yeah, I really need to redo the installation to support Vista and 7. Other then the bug I posted and the single cGC loading bug, any other bugs I should fix?

All the HUD and side changes were copied from the v1.2 patch. I was trying to make it easier so that you would have less to install.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Yeah, I really need to redo the installation to support Vista and 7. Other then the bug I posted and the single cGC loading bug, any other bugs I should fix?

All the HUD and side changes were copied from the v1.2 patch. I was trying to make it easier so that you would have less to install.
If you are talking about bugs, you did leave out the envmap the stormtrooper model should use (which is why it's paler than it should be). I don't know if you're rebuilding those sides (and it really doesn't matter a lot, since we can download the 1.2 sides for the fix), but if you are...
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I still haven't recovered the source. I can only make changes using code injection through the custom scripts or addmes.

If using the v1.2 patch fixes some side bugs I had, then it isn't worth it to keep v1.2 bundled with the v1.3 patch. There is no good reason to download the same stuff twice.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

are th 1.2 and 1.3 sides really similiar?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

In theory, they are exactly the same. But there have been reports that the v1.3 is missing a couple of things.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I figured out the Leia bug. The v1.3 versions of AddUnitClass and SetHeroClass don't return the index of the added class, but the Campaign script needs that index to force spawn Leia. I didn't remember that they were supposed to do that. I'm surprised no one noticed... I believe I can fix it, but it will completely be nasty hack since I can't remunge the v1.3.

Anything other script related changes or improvements you guys want?
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:I figured out the Leia bug. The v1.3 versions of AddUnitClass and SetHeroClass don't return the index of the added class, but the Campaign script needs that index to force spawn Leia. I didn't remember that they were supposed to do that. I'm surprised no one noticed... I believe I can fix it, but it will completely be nasty hack since I can't remunge the v1.3.

Anything other script related changes or improvements you guys want?
Honestly, if you ahve the time, I always wanted the heal buff effect to stay just like the poison one.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Anything other script related changes or improvements you guys want?
I hope this isn't too much but I have noticed the Clone Commander's and Marine's textures appear blurry. Their skins may be missing .tga.option files with the following content

Code: Select all

-8bit -maps 1
And one last change that I would like to see if you can have the Republic's commando pistol use the rep_weap_inf_dc17pistol.msh (both GeometryName and HighResGeometry) and the Republic's regular blaster pistol use the rep_weap_dc15st.msh (GeometryName) and rep_1st_dc15st.msh (HighResGeometry). I'm pretty sure this was the original way Rep had it set up. If anyone disagrees with this, please express your disagreement. Thanks, Zerted!
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

AQT wrote:I hope this isn't too much but I have noticed the Clone Commander's and Marine's textures appear blurry. Their skins may be missing .tga.option files with the following content
-8bit -maps 1
-8bit is a PS2 option parameter and serves no purpose on the PC.

EDIT
These are PS2 texture option parameters:
-4bit
-8bit
-32bit
-compress
-dither <float>
-nodither
-forcemip <hexcolor>
-mipdistance <float>

Source:
misc_documentation.doc
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

AceMastermind wrote:
AQT wrote:I hope this isn't too much but I have noticed the Clone Commander's and Marine's textures appear blurry. Their skins may be missing .tga.option files with the following content
-8bit -maps 1
-8bit is a PS2 option parameter and serves no purpose on the PC.
so for PC should tobe -32bit -maps 1??
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

OH and I believe a Phase II clone commander is among the Phase Is on Geonosis. Well, from a distance in lowrez I can see them.

Might wanna change the clone commanders in Geonosis to red arc troopers or somethin.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

That's already been discussed. The geo script calls for the same ep3 officer as every other map, so it has to be the same. If they are changed to red ARC's, the commanders on all maps will be red phase 1 ARC's.