UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r117 - Final Release)

Post by ask_to_u »

yes, but what do they mean with "Extract the files in 'SWBF2 v1.3patch.exe' to the folder "<game dir>\addon\AAA-v1.3patch" (you will need to manually create that folder). "<game dir>" represents the folder where you installed SWBF2."
were should I create this and what shall i have installed before ???? :cpu: :cpu:
My situation is: after some hours of changing GameData etc, I recycled the GameData , so i had no Gamedata. Than I installed the conversionpack, his Gamedata I use now for my new gamedata (because i haven't the original anymore), so in the convopack is also an unofficial v1.3 patch r83, now in the readme from the v1.3patch it say's "deinstall all previous patches v1.3", ok, I clicked on the "menu", but ther it only say's "have a nice day", without deinstalling -.- Now,
1.shall I recycle this old version??
2.where shall I create the game_dir
3.when I want to install an swbf2 KotoR Galactical Civil War mod (I don't know if you have it too), which Gamedata shall I use <1> the gamedata from the convopack, <2> the gamedata from the kotor mod, or <3> the gamedata from my brother (who has the original) :faint: :faint:
ok, it say's that i must have v1.1, that I have installed jet, ok, I have vista :( ..... ok I think thats all, so could someone help me it is so crazy :runaway: :runaway:

Do not use over 3 smilies ~Staff
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

You can calm down, the sky is not falling, and it's pretty clear how to install this and we can help you.

First of all, I sure hope you didn't delete the GameData folder, because if you did, you need to reinstall SWBF2. Please confirm that this is not the case.
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

ok i don't know which of these GameDatas in my bin is the right one, but i have now the GameData from my brother, and thats the right one, he has the same version etc. like me
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Hokay, so here's your GameData folder:
<GameData>
All the original files should still be in there, as the patch will only update or create new files.
So you have the convopack 2.0, which comes with the old v1.3. Make wure you run the menu.bat as your computer's administrator, otherwise Vista's "amazing" security system will get in your way. From here, uninstall the old v1.3 patch.

Now, assuming you have the convopack, you should have an addon folder INSIDE the GameData folder. In this addon folder, create the AAA-v1.3patch folder. So now you have a brand-spankin' new folder ready for data...
Extract the proper files to the AAA-v1.3patch. When it's done, run the menu.bat and your game is now UnOfficially patched.
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

so, if i understood well, i should have the normal/original Gamedata, than i should overwrite it with convopack, than i must uninstall v1.3 r83 and after that i create an AAA-v1.3patch folder inside my addon folder, and in the folder i should create a data-folder, and in this datafolder i should copy all the stuff from the installer of the patch v1.3 r117. is that right ??
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

sorry for doubleposting, but is the gamedata from the convopack "the same" :quotes: as the original, i know it is not realy the original but can i play ONLY with the original+convopack or can i play it with only convopack ??
Faceman2000
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: If the words above my head says, "offline", than I'm not here.

Post by Faceman2000 »

Listen, you don't touch the original Gamedata at all. You let the Conversion Pack's Gamedata merge with the original, same with all maps and mods. You won't replace anything.
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

and how shall i do this, not overwriting but i shall merge them ?? i would make it like this : i install the convopack on my desktop, than i copy it and go to my original and than i make paste, or how shall i do it??
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Why not just let the installer do its thing?
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

because the installer works not realy good, when he installs it in battlefront II, i have the gamedata original and the gamedata from convopack -.- so, "how shall i do this, not overwriting but i shall merge them ??"
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

When you installed you did not check the install path. If you browse to /Star Wars Battlefront II/ the installer will automatically put in the /Gamedata (look at the install path at the top during install), as lots of users don't remember to do that. So when you installed to /Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata it installed to /Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata/Gamedata
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

so we have talked about themes which are not realy needly for me ^^
create the AAA-v1.3patch folder. So now you have a brand-spankin' new folder ready for data...
1. where shall the data be ?? in battlefront2/gamedata/addon/AAA-v1.3patch ???
2. my "amazing" Vista wants not that i uninstall patch v1.3 r83, everytime it say's :
Checking Windows XP
Checking Windows Vista 32bit
Checking Windows Vista 64bit
The given registration key or value was not found
You should have two registry key errors above this line. You can safly ignore t
hem.
WARNING - Safty check failed:
"BattlefrontII.exe=BattlefrontII.exe" does not exist
Halting to prevent possible folder damage
press a key
Have a nice day and enjoy.

3. and an old question; whats game dir and where shall i create it ??
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

The problem is that you've been messing around with the GameData folder when you didn't need to, and now something is messed up.

What I'd suggest is that you uninstall Battlefront 2, reinstall it, and then follow the instructions Tean stated a couple posts up, then everything should work fine.
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

yes but what use me the instructions when i don't understand them in each detail :o :?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

ask_to_u wrote:yes but what use me the instructions when i don't understand them in each detail :o :?
Three easy instructions:
1) Uninstall SWBF2; re-install SWBF2 (make sure this is a clean copy)
2) Install the Conversion Pack (do not worry about the 1.3 auto-installer), just make sure that the Conversion Pack's GameData is allowed to overwrite (it does not really overwrite anything that would cause errors in the game).
3) Install the Conversion Pack's 2.2 Patch (install the same way as the original Conversion Pack - allow this GameData to overwrite).

Do not have more than one GameData folder.

----

On an unrelated note - to anyone else - note that when I put together the Conversion Pack 2.2 Patch (or Dark Times) I included a preinstalled version of the lite 1.3 patch to avoid any installation confusion. If this issue pops up, just recommend someone to install the 2.2 Patch.
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

ok, but the patch 1.3 r83 is deinstalled when i install convopack 2.2 ??
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Correct
ask_to_u
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by ask_to_u »

ok thats good, thanks @ all :thumbs:
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Thanks to this topic, I found a bug in the unit class detection code. Units added as a hero class aren't tracked, thus any FakeConsole commands dealing with unit classes won't work on them (any command using SetClassProperty()). Depending on your map, this could be a feature or a bug.

The two instances where this bug shows up:

Code: Select all

AddHeroClass("rep_hero_cloakedanakin")
and

Code: Select all

SetupTeams{
    rep = {
        team = REP,
        units = 12,
        reinforcements = 12,
        hero = { "all_hero_hansolo_tat"},
    },
} 
If you want your unit tracked and this bug applies to your map, use uf_updateClassIndex( <class name> ) where <class name> is the name of the hero unit class, such as rep_hero_cloakedanakin. Make sure the user has the v1.3 patch installed first: if uf_updateClassIndex then uf_updateClassIndex("rep_hero_cloakedanakin") end. Stick that code near your SetupTeams sections.

Possible Reason For Bug: I remember thinking that heroes shouldn't be tracked, as their stats differ greatly from normal units, then deciding to track them anyway. I added tracking for SetHeroClass(), guess I forgot about AddHeroClass()...
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I just have a quick question. How come you guys didn't change the Phase I clone captain to a different one other than the 501st??