UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r117 - Public Release)

Post by Maveritchell »

I don't think there's a specific function for it, but you could use the "Code Console" function to input the "RemoveRegion("regionname") command for each landing region. Once you've removed all the landing regions, you can land anywhere.
k'kruhk
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by k'kruhk »

Just a quick question, what's the difference between this full release and the one that came with the Conversion Pack?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

There are many new features from r83 to r117:
  • 500 mission limit warning
  • Modders can get ingame player names
  • Modders can get the current map's id
  • Modders can create their own game modes and eras without needing to change the shell
  • Added a few new FakeConsole commands (Jedi Jumps, Prevent/Allow Victory, the Control commands, spring energy usage, change server name)
  • Added support for up to 11 custom Galactic Conquests (cGCs)
  • Added support for up to 11 custom user scripts (you could even create a custom user script to support more user scripts and cGSs!)
  • Minor bug fixes
  • Minor string fixes
  • Fixed/documented all known installation problems
It seems Filefront rejected my submission. They must be a really stickler for having the installation steps in the readme (only reason I could think of)... I guess thats why I prefer my own (even though I can't play online when people use it).

Edit: Hmm, even though their status says rejected they are on Filefront. However, the Full version is missing 18.4MB :runaway: At least the pictures are a nice touch. Thanks.
Lite - http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... atch;95405
Full - http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... atch;95418
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r117 - Final Release)

Post by Delta 47 »

The files were never rejected, they've just been awaiting approval.

EDIT: If the Full version is damaged you could resend the file and we could replace it with the new one.
SlyCoopersButt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by SlyCoopersButt »

I've looked into the space script assets and got the name of the two landing regions for space hoth but I had no luck with that command removing them. I did these, removeregion("all_hangar1") and removeregion("imp_hangar1").
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Inactive

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

SlyCoopersButt wrote:I've looked into the space script assets and got the name of the two landing regions for space hoth but I had no luck with that command removing them. I did these, removeregion("all_hangar1") and removeregion("imp_hangar1").
Of course not. Those are the regions where you CAN land and not where you CAN'T land...
And I don't think you can land everywhere once all are removed.
Landing outside is impossible (I think). Atleast on the shipped maps.

I could still be wrong though.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

[RDH]Zerted wrote: Edit: Hmm, even though their status says rejected they are on Filefront. However, the Full version is missing 18.4MB :runaway: At least the pictures are a nice touch. Thanks.
Lite - http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... atch;95405
Full - http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... atch;95418
Fixed the issue with the full version (and your link). The reason for that issue and for the "rejection" confusion is because of the "server2server" upload that you tried to use. I don't know why we still have this, since it's a buggy process and in the end it's easier for us to download the file and upload it ourselves directly onto our FTP server - but we do have it as an option. So what that means is that when a file is submitted via server2server, you'll recieve a rejection notice because your upload is not used, the staff member has to upload it himself (and the rejection notice in the e-mail should have noted this; if it didn't, please let me know).
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action

Post by MercuryNoodles »

Of course not. Those are the regions where you CAN land and not where you CAN'T land...
And I don't think you can land everywhere once all are removed.
Landing outside is impossible (I think). Atleast on the shipped maps.

I could still be wrong though.
From what documentation I've read, you can land anywhere so long as no landing regions are defined in the lua. Once a landing region is defined, you can only land at the landing region(s). Sly would have to ensure the AddLandingRegion stuff was removed/commented so the engine wouldn't read it. So, it's no wonder removing the regions themselves didn't work.
Space Lua Guide wrote:If no landing region is defined, players will be able to land and then takeoff from anywhere in the map.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Oh stupid me, I forgot that landing regions where defined in the lua and not in ZE. It would be simple to create a user script that prevents landing regions from being added:

Code: Select all

AddLandingRegion = function(...) print("AddLandingRegion(): A landing region definition has been denied") end
I could have added that in as another menu option (the code has to run before the level loads so it can't be a FC command). Oh well.

Someone should test this online. Your game (if hosting) will have landing regions disabled, but the other player's won't. I don't know if that will only allow the host to land anywhere or the server will override the player's data and force him to land. I'm thinking anyone could land anywhere, but it would be choppy like the jet packs or speed changes.

As for Filefront, I was looking at the uploaded files status page not the email. Reading the email, it does say it was uploaded.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

I have had some Problems to install the Final Version. :(

After installing the Conversion Pack 2.0 with r83,i had an Folder called
v.1.3patch in
H:\Spiele\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData
and in
H:\Spiele\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\data\_lvl_pc
the v1.3patch_strings.lvl.

i uninstalled the r83 and it looks like that the menu.bat backup`s the changed sides and lvl`s right.
Although the v1.3strings.lvl is deleted automatically from lvl PC Folder.
The v1.3patch Folder in Gamedata i needed to deleted manualy.

Then i created a Folder called AAA-v1.3patch in
H:\Spiele\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon
and extracted the r117.exe to this Place.
I went to open the r117 menu.bat.but i first needed to uninstall again ?!?!? (What i did before) and after that i installed it then with Option 1.
Actually there is no v1.3patch Folder located in the Gamedata Folder but eveything seems to work allright but something i did wrong.I think.
The r117 is the Full Version from your server not the one from Filefront.

Was it allright to delete the v1.3patch Folder from Gamedata?Or should this Folder stay at this Place?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

You were right to delete everything from the old revisions. They won't harm anything if you leave them there, but they are a waste of space.

The r117 I first put on my server had the 'installed.txt' in its setting folder. This file is checked to see if it exists (which would mean the patch was installed). I quickly fixed that, but you must have downloaded it first. You didn't need to uninstall r117. You could have pressed 1 and it would have installed even though the menu option wasn't displayed. It was a bug in the file you downloaded, you did everything just fine :thumbs:

I moved as much as possible into the AAA-v1.3patch folder for r117. There should no longer be any v1.3patch folders anywhere else.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

Thanks for that precise Answer.That helps me much.
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but..we just add whatever letter we want to a game mode as an era (eg ###_tcon), add localize it and set up the req/addme whatever (whatever file you use to add new modes/eras) and it'll work????
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Hey, I was playing Methlyn online earlier today and the guy (and all the other players, including me) had a fake code on that was like you were falling like in space (waving your arms and legs and you could still move around), but when you put on your jet pack, you could fly forever. We had it on another map too, so I dunno if its a fake console code, or regular one... Would it be AddJetPacks or High Jump?? I tried both, but when I went to the Jet Trooper with the "AddJetPacks" code, there was no fire coming out of the jet pack whereas when I was playing online (with the weird code) there was. I tried doing this on online and in instant action, but it did not have the same effect. Please help!

If anyone knows the code and tell me where to find it, that would be really great!!

(Sorry if this is not the correct place)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

@Zerted - you may want to disable the custom LUA code feature online, or limit it to the server only - no clients. As Nova Hawk just accidentally pointed out, if someone knows lua they can cheat very easily.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Nova Hawk wrote:...(and all the other players, including me) had a fake code on that was like you were falling like in space (waving your arms and legs and you could still move around), but when you put on your jet pack, you could fly forever.
That would be the server using the Add Jet Packs command.
I tried doing this on online and in instant action, but it did not have the same effect
When you were in the server, your game didn't know you were allowed to fly. The server kept sending your in-air position to your game and your game was saying, hay I can't just be in the air, I must be falling, so it shows you as falling. And you really could shoot, you just can't see the bullets because your game doesn't know that you're not falling, but the server does and processes your firing commands correctly. (I've explained this quite a few times if you go back through all the FC Mod related posts.) Since you ran the command on your own game, your game knew you were flying and correctly processed everything you did while flying. If in the server, you also ran the Add Jet Packs command, your game and the server will agree that you are flying and everything will work as expected (meaning you will be flying like in SP).

If you do the command in a server but that server isn't also running the command, then it won't work. When you double jump, it will look like it worked for a second, but then you'll be back were you're supposed to be. That second is just the lag from your game telling the server, hay I'm flying now, and the server responding back with, like hell you are, you've been standing on the ground waiting to be shot. Whatever the server says is the law, and thats how the FakeConsole commands and user_scripts work without requiring the players to download anything.

@Teancum - I still only know 2-3 things the client can do to mess with something on the server. Its been years since I discovered and mentioned them, but so far no one else has found them (and if you do, its very noticeable and will quickly get you banned/blacklisted. Its also blockable, but most server don't block it). Even if you could cheat with the Lua code command, the source is online and r117 is on Filefront. If I released an updated patch with that command removed (and would have to remove the user_scripts and cGCs which also use code injection), then no one would download it.

Custom user_scripts bring something new to SWBF2. This past weekend I've been playing in online servers as locals (server has to have the script) without downloading any mods. It was nice, though extremely unbalanced (ewoks vs everyone else?, yeah the ewoks die).

@Skyhammer_216 - I don't understand your wording: add whatever letter we want to a game mode as an era. You can't create any new game mode or era character ids, but you can change the names/descriptions/icons of existing ones. The v1.3 patch has a document on how to do it in its docs folder. The changes are all in the addme.lua. I haven't tested it with new icons (only icons already in the shell, see the shell's change log), but in theory it should work. For the new icons, you will have to create a new shell.lvl that contains the icon and load it during the addme.lua. Just like how you create a custom ingame.lvl when adding a loadscreen.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:...(and all the other players, including me) had a fake code on that was like you were falling like in space (waving your arms and legs and you could still move around), but when you put on your jet pack, you could fly forever.
That would be the server using the Add Jet Packs command.
I tried doing this on online and in instant action, but it did not have the same effect
When you were in the server, your game didn't know you were allowed to fly. The server kept sending your in-air position to your game and your game was saying, hay I can't just be in the air, I must be falling, so it shows you as falling. And you really could shoot, you just can't see the bullets because your game doesn't know that you're not falling, but the server does and processes your firing commands correctly. (I've explained this quite a few times if you go back through all the FC Mod related posts.) Since you ran the command on your own game, your game knew you were flying and correctly processed everything you did while flying. If in the server, you also ran the Add Jet Packs command, your game and the server will agree that you are flying and everything will work as expected (meaning you will be flying like in SP).
Ok, thanks for explaining that. It's too bad the flare doesn't happen once you put on the AddJetPacks command...
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Bad News

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I finally had some time to get my website back up today, only to discover that I don't have any of my files relating to the v1.3 patch's source code :cry:. I do still have all the releases, but the sources have completely disappeared. I have wiped my computer since the web site was taken down, but I should have had the source backed up. I had most of my other maps backed up... I don't know if I just lost the file or forgot to backup a while sections of things... I'm running a hard drive scan in attempt to reconstruct the drive, but that has a low chance of working.

Did anyone happen to download the v1.3 patch's source code while it was posted online? Even if you only have one or two files of it, I would like to get back as much as possible. I hate to lose things that I've put so much time into.
Aman/Pinguin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Inactive

Post by Aman/Pinguin »

These are the files I still have:
  • fakeconsole_functions.lua
  • ifs_era_handler.lua
  • utility_functions2.lua
Want me to upload them?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

That's why I couldn't download them - I was trying to download the source myself recently, I wish I'd done it earlier.