UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - Latest Version)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r117)

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Is there any way to add a scroll bar to the era box? The thing is so small and with all these era mods coming out, sometimes I can't select what I want.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Those check boxes aren't really in lists. They just look like they are. I don't think I'd have time to put them in one.

There are two choices we could do for disabling maps.
1) Have another settings button which takes you to a screen full of check boxes. There would be check boxes for each era and each game mode (defaulted to checked). One would uncheck something to disable and hide all missions with that mode or era.
2) One adds missions like as if about to play them, then clicks a disable button instead of the Launch button.

Both would require the game to be restarted in order for the changes to take effect.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Could you possibly shorten the mode list and extend the era list? Maybe 50/50? Because I highly doubt someone would include all 14+ modes into their single map. Just a suggestion.
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Blade117 »

A good one at that, but is it possible?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

The swbf1 pack included that many. I don't know how much the v2.2 patch took out...
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:The swbf1 pack included that many. I don't know how much the v2.2 patch took out...
Even in the "original" 2.0, there were never as many as 14 modes on a single map. If I had to guess, I'd say the most any map now has would be about 7.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Those check boxes aren't really in lists. They just look like they are. I don't think I'd have time to put them in one.

There are two choices we could do for disabling maps.
1) Have another settings button which takes you to a screen full of check boxes. There would be check boxes for each era and each game mode (defaulted to checked). One would uncheck something to disable and hide all missions with that mode or era.
2) One adds missions like as if about to play them, then clicks a disable button instead of the Launch button.

Both would require the game to be restarted in order for the changes to take effect.
Could you have a Window pop up before the game launches asking what mods/maps they want to use (via listing or check boxes...whatever)? Then once they choose and hit OK, the program could check to see if there's more than 500 missions and have them take some off if necessary...that way you wouldn't need to restart the game, and its still *sortof* ingame.

But I guess if you wanted to play a few maps, then suddenly you decide you want to play one you didn't choose, that idea wouldn't help add it ingame at all....
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:What was the player doing?
cheating.
kill all players,
add jetpacks (a storm trooper flying?? :shock: )
used unknown FC stuff i dont know how to use..
[RDH]Zerted wrote:The unlimited ammo command needs to be used for each ammo slot one wants to change. A unit may have to be respawned for the new ammo count to take effect.
ah, ok.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129)

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Updated to r129
* Installer supports Vista and Win7
* Fixed non-spawning Leia bug
* Supports unlimited user scripts
* Supports unlimited cGC scripts
* No more Full/Lite versions - The v1.2 patch was removed (install it first if you want it, but you can still use the 'new' HUD without it)

My net connection is going crazy, so here's the download link:
MediaFire

This is a test release. For those of you who had problems installing, please try out the new installer.

I wasn't able to get anything to display before the addmes are loaded. Thus I can't do any mission management without requiring the user to restart. However I'm starting to get busy with my school's senior project, so its unlikely I would have had the time to build the management screens anyway.

Unless you're the host, you can't really cheat with the FakeConsole. And if it was the host who was using the commands, then is it really cheating? If it wasn't the host, the host/dedicated server does have the ability to give certain users special abilities. But the server's admin still has to do it.

Edit: The download link from my site: http://zerted.getmyip.com/swbf2/res/SWB ... %20129.exe (5.6 MB)
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Re: UnOfficial v1.3 Patch (r129 - New Installer)

Post by Null_1138 »

This was the last thing I expected an update from. :wink: I have the r118 version, but if I install this one over it, does that mean I have to install the old 1.2 patch separately?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

It has two major issues (broken installer on Vista and Leia won't spawn during the campaign), so I had to fix those.

You can install this right on top of earlier version of the v1.3 patch or anything else. No need to uninstall other mods first.

If you had r118 lite, then you need to install v1.2 first if you want the side changes. The new v1.3 patches will not include the side changes (but do have the HUD changes).
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Works great! Tested on both Vista 64-bit and Win7. However, 1 nitpick :wink: .
In the Tantive IV campaign, Leia DOES spawn, and the objective DOES work, but there aren't any objective arrows above her, and her unit wasn't labelled on the map. I know it's a small thing, but it was in there before the v1.3, and trying to find her after she left the escape pod area was a pain...
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:but it was in there before the v1.3
Actually no, it wasn't. The challenge of this objective was to find her. I can recall playing this campaign mission for the very first time and having a miserable time finding her.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Great! I'll download ASAP.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

AQT wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:but it was in there before the v1.3
Actually no, it wasn't. The challenge of this objective was to find her. I can recall playing this campaign mission for the very first time and having a miserable time finding her.
:funny2:

YesYes I totally feel for u dude. I took so long until I LOST the mission and had to restart ALL OVER AGAIN (lol nightmare as one of the CP capture objective was DIET DR. PEPPAR hard!)

*and the irony was that i shoulda remembered she was in the escape pods (star wars ship analogy fail) and more ironic, the escape pods were my favourite CPs to take =3*
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by myers73 »

did I see a mention of unlimited user_scripts? thats great, but does it process all of them?

also, how would one remove the v1.3: tag in front of the server name when hosted online?
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Yes, an unlimited number of user script and cGC scripts are supported. The catch is that they must be numbered incrementally starting from 11. So: user_script_11.lvl, user_script_12.lvl, user_script_13.lvl, etc.... If there is a break in the numbering, say slot 12 is missing, then slot 13 and above won't be processed. The original 0-10 slots are still supported, but r129 includes a user_script_10.lvl and custom_gc_10.lvl. If one of those files is overridden, you will lose some of the new features. I actually can't add anything into the main lvls since I lost the original v1.3 source. All the new additions are done through those slot 10 scripts.

The v1.3 tag is reattached to the server's name each time before a FakeConsole command is run. This allows players to know if the server they are going to join may have 'unnatural' things going on. There is a FakeConsole command that allows one to set the server name. Use that command to reset the name after you have done a different command.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Any idea if this will ever come back up? I'd like to implement what I can on the Xbox.
hunting shadow
Private First Class
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by hunting shadow »

Teancum wrote:
Any idea if this will ever come back up? I'd like to implement what I can on the Xbox.
Could u give me the filename of it? I remember starting to download it, but I'm not sure if i really did. The filename would help me very much, cuz i've got a bunch of files and folders to look through
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Thanks a lot for the patch!! Leia finally spawns! Also it seems as though you guys finally fixed that annoying pale stormtrooper problem. Cnngrats. :thumbs: