Naboo: Assault on Theed

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

WolfyWolf
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Naboo: Assault on Theed

Post by WolfyWolf »

Lorul1 wrote:Sadly there wasn't enough to overhaul the announcers voice but both armies sound a million times better - and I cant take the sounds from EA's battlefront because its illegal.
Have you ever considered dubbing your own? It shouldnt be too hard to use voice effects for the droid commander, and for the clones you could find someone to do an impression.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

lol ummmm maybe , or maybe ill just have one of my friends do it ! Fun fact : I was considering having the actual commanders for battles of the storm do their voices for their characters years ago.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

This is for geth specifically, but it could be translated sorta into droids.

spectreseven1138
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: SpectreSevenPS -PS

Post by spectreseven1138 »

I've managed to create the Tactical Droid announcer's voice from the beta, I think it's pretty bad, but it could be improved and used for your mod.
Here's the link: https://clyp.it/0rbxayz5?token=9629e4f3 ... 1ee3e46da5
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

spectreseven1138 wrote:I've managed to create the Tactical Droid announcer's voice from the beta, I think it's pretty bad, but it could be improved and used for your mod.
Can't be used as this board has a 'No EA assets' rule. This does extend to sounds.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yep. Don't use anything from any EA Star Wars game. Their EULA is very strict.
spectreseven1138
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: SpectreSevenPS -PS

Post by spectreseven1138 »

ggctuk wrote:Can't be used as this board has a 'No EA assets' rule. This does extend to sounds.
Teancum wrote:Yep. Don't use anything from any EA Star Wars game. Their EULA is very strict.
This is not a sound from the game. It is just my voice edited to sound like it. Is re-creating a sound completely from scratch against the EULA?
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

If it's made 100% from scratch, I don't believe there should be an issue. Just like how the recreated EA maps are allowed to be posted here as long as no actual assets from the EA games are used. I think they probably just misread your post.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yep, scratch-made is always fine, even if it's a pretty good impression.
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

@Lorul1 You know when you have a new objective on campaign and the things flashes on your screen to tell you your next objective in full detail? Can you have that to signal the players that a new phase is starting because it feels a bit dull and it may get confusing if u are still trying to take down an mtt and the troops are retreating.

Also, I am on battlefrontforums alot and it seems people are pretty unhappy with EA's Battlefront so can I show them some of your work cause I think alot of them would be pretty happy that there is a better version out there (and the fact that you have a roadmap is even better) :thumbs:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Huscarl wrote:@Lorul1 You know when you have a new objective on campaign and the things flashes on your screen to tell you your next objective in full detail? Can you have that to signal the players that a new phase is starting because it feels a bit dull and it may get confusing if u are still trying to take down an mtt and the troops are retreating.
This is a good point ! I may do this IF i have time I have a lot to do before the release to be honest. I want to get new voice overs recoreded some time next month to tell the player when the next phase is jst like in EA's BF
Huscarl wrote: Also, I am on battlefrontforums alot and it seems people are pretty unhappy with EA's Battlefront so can I show them some of your work cause I think alot of them would be pretty happy that there is a better version out there (and the fact that you have a roadmap is even better) :thumbs:
nice !
as for a little update ! I am working on the surrounding cities around the play area as well as really putting detail into the ground, ground textures, sky, foliage , etc !

Even the surrounding cites are accurate to EA's battlefront
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Looking real good there Lorul1!
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

more in game pics as we get closer

Hidden/Spoiler:
anyone have any suggestions that I haven't heard yet before the end of the month ?
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Doesn't the palace need some of the buildings surrounding the main one? It kind of looks... lonely.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I don't know if you are going for an exact replica of EA's map, but I bet you could one up them by having all the CIS vehicles (AAT, Vulture Droid, MTT, and Landing Craft) use the CIS blue and grey color scheme. I think you already have a Hyena Bomber with that scheme?
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

@ggctuk - added

@AQT - I am going for more of a replica but I do want to do more movie accurate changes for the next update so I think that grey scheme would be really nice ! Oooo or maybe I’ll do that for conquest and have galactic assult EA’s colors
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

I never really had the chance to play online on EA's Battlefront 2 and tried galactic assault so i here by thank you sir for making my dream come true :thumbs:
Cyberctf346
Private
Projects :: Galaxy Expanded Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by Cyberctf346 »

Well... if it’s possible it would be cool to see mauls saber throw turned the other way like in Ea’s swbf2. Other than that it looks a good and you should release early. :funny2:

We mostly have all the mods I was excited for except for these. I just want to play! Looking real good lorul1!
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

tried that for the saber throw and it didn't work ): .... don't think its possible

OKAY GUYS. so in the next hour or so the unofficial release will be published on the assault on Theed release thread -

i am releasing the map because it is the end of the month and I want you guys to play it HOWEVER - NOT EVERYTHING I have advertised is in this unofficial release - most of the palace interior - the ion disruptions and phases two and three are still missing BUT I will be making updates to the map that will be available to download almost every two days or so - so keep checking the assault on theed released maps thread for updates - basically at one point all the advertised features were in the game at one point but where removed for various reasons and are being added back more and more everyday as we get closer to the offical 0.8 release of assult on theed !!

The download link is kinda hidden near the bottom of the first post here : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33245
because of its state it is technically unofficial and will not be on moddb ! give me a few weeks and then we will see it on there
consider this a public "alpha" of sorts ...

all my other maps will also be available to play as well. in the coming days along with a proper release will come one giant thread where we can discuss the project as a whole.

so enjoy guys !
oh and also PLEASE if you want to tell me some things i need to fix that fine but don't spam me with obvious fixes lol - I know lots of objects are missing ! I know the weapons have barely been imporved - i know the unit paths are messed up lol this release is unofficial after all !
Javitolo98
Private Third Class
Projects :: Improved Sides mod

Post by Javitolo98 »

OK,I tested Naboo, Kaashyyk & Crait at the moment,of course there are obvious bugs like the Palace with a floating room,Is a early alpha so that is expected, I think there are unfinished stuff instead of bugs, the only bugs really annoy me are the random crashes and a weird bug that is,when you are in some places some props gets crazy and changes of position every milisecond until you move the camera,also some fishes on kaashyyk turning on itselfs, the view of the juggernaut when you are on it should be upper.I can't say so much for Crait.I just can say This mod will get better with the time so keep it up.

How did you putted Sereja's Naboo buildings without making the map stuck on the loading screen?