Battlefront III Legacy [? - Apr, 28th, 2017]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 4/29]

Post by Isaac1138 »

I Am Speechless!!! Are you using an enb addon for your screenshots? I am so glad I have the latest graphics driver.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Really glad that you are 100% dedicated to this Batttlefront III Project TheLegend! As you know there is still much much more to do but it seems like you have done so much already though you probably have not hit the tip of the iceberg yet.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Thanks for the positive comments. We have done much and much is still going to come.
Isaac1138 wrote:I Am Speechless!!! Are you using an enb addon for your screenshots? I am so glad I have the latest graphics driver.
@Isaac1138 In all the screenshots I have provided no graphics mods were installed. However I once did make a video showing the map using SweetFX with custom settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktrYuWWAO0 (Note: Old video and old progress).
DarkEvilous
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DN3D SWJK2JO
xbox live or psn: Consoles = Cancer

Post by DarkEvilous »

Looks very interesting. I'll definitely take a look when it is done, but now I've got several questions:

1) Is your mod based on Battlefront Extreme's (BFX's) assets?
I absolutely loved BFX because of variety of classes, new weapons and sounds, new FX, models, weapon recoil and more visible lazer shots from blasters.
That's why I see no reason for you to not include the BFX's features in BFIIIL. That shouldn't be too difficult to implement in the mod as far as I know.

2) Does BFIIIL include some new sounds (shots, footsteps, nature sounds, etc.; not nessessary from Battlefront III but from the other games like SWRC or JKO-JKA)?
That would be a breath of the fresh air. Default/vanilla sounds are too boring, quiet and not various in the game (unlike BF1's).
IMO, the sounds don't need to be very-very loud, but at least they should be loud enough and various.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Isaac1138 »

I used SweetFX for BF1, and really didn't make that much of a difference.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Post by iamastupid »

DarkEvilous wrote:2) Does BFIIIL include some new sounds (shots, footsteps, nature sounds, etc.; not nessessary from Battlefront III but from the other games like SWRC or JKO-JKA)?
That would be a breath of the fresh air. Default/vanilla sounds are too boring, quiet and not various in the game (unlike BF1's).
IMO, the sounds don't need to be very-very loud, but at least they should be loud enough and various.
The bf3 sounds aren't the best and I did post then on the bf3 assets post, take a listen if you want.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

DarkEvilous wrote:Looks very interesting. I'll definitely take a look when it is done, but now I've got several questions:

1) Is your mod based on Battlefront Extreme's (BFX's) assets?
I absolutely loved BFX because of variety of classes, new weapons and sounds, new FX, models, weapon recoil and more visible lazer shots from blasters.
That's why I see no reason for you to not include the BFX's features in BFIIIL. That shouldn't be too difficult to implement in the mod as far as I know.

2) Does BFIIIL include some new sounds (shots, footsteps, nature sounds, etc.; not nessessary from Battlefront III but from the other games like SWRC or JKO-JKA)?
The sides are going to be based on BF3's sides in the first place. Custom units with custom weapons are something that will follow when the regular units and weapons are done.
There will be new sounds too as well as new ambient sounds. For this Coruscant Map I use extracted ambient sounds from the canceled game. But we still didn't start working on the real sound stuff yet.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

If you like mods with new units, weapons and sound, try the RC mod. Already thought of taking the SBD fire sound from it.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 5/14]

Post by thelegend »

And here's another little update for the ground vehicles. So far I have finished the AAT and the Stap. Some collisions are still not done and some odf stuff also needs to be done. But I am very happy with the results so far:
Hidden/Spoiler:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

It's cool to have your own version, but weren't both SWBF3 AATs already converted? It might have only been posted on SWBFGamers though.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

ggctuk wrote:It's cool to have your own version, but weren't both SWBF3 AATs already converted? It might have only been posted on SWBFGamers though.
Hm...I am not very often online there. I do not know much about things going on there so I am not sure. Maybe there are.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

thelegend wrote:
ggctuk wrote:It's cool to have your own version, but weren't both SWBF3 AATs already converted? It might have only been posted on SWBFGamers though.
Hm...I am not very often online there. I do not know much about things going on there so I am not sure. Maybe there are.
Yep. He's also done the IFT tanks and the AT-RT:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10367.0
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10390.0
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

the AAT has been already released here, too. 2 versions of it.
IFT and AT-RT have already been converted by ChadBane. He send us a pull request on gitHub. Picture will follow soon.

Here is a full list of his work: https://github.com/GT-Anakin/data_BSM/pull/6
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

I can't believe this is happening :faint:

PD: And yes, it's a pity JazzMaster vanished. His map was looking so good.
Won't say anything about THEWULFMAN because he seems to somehow be conjured every time someone mentions his TCW mod ;)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

All right i think i'll start with the SBD to present you the work for the CIS:
Hidden/Spoiler:
It still needs custom animations, since now i'm using the stock human animation. All B1 droids are done, too. Pictures will follow soon. Missing are Magna guard and droideka.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Anakin wrote:All right i think i'll start with the SBD to present you the work for the CIS:
Hidden/Spoiler:
It still needs custom animations, since now i'm using the stock human animation. All B1 droids are done, too. Pictures will follow soon. Missing are Magna guard and droideka.
Heh , that B2 with the gun looks quite funny , reminds of the PSP games but I'm sure you can use the default B2 animations and apply the BF3 model on it?

Either way can;t wait for the CIS sides.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

Nice to finally see a bigger change to the CIS side!
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

Anakin wrote:All right i think i'll start with the SBD to present you the work for the CIS:
Hidden/Spoiler:
There are so many HD versions of clones -- this is the part of this mod I've been excited for. Can't wait to see how you continue to rehaul the droids!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Here you go. The map is an older build. And the cis did not have the shotgun in that build, too. So this picture will follow later.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The sniperrifle is maybe a bit too large. But i like it in 1st perspective. And the 3rd perspective weapons are not done yet.

i was really surprised how good the stock fusioncutter effect fits to the new model.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

I wanted to start converting some heroes. And this is why I started earlier with Hero Assault Mode. The mode is actually finished already at all since it has to be like the stock one.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Heroes are going to be converted soon.