Battlefront III Legacy [? - Apr, 28th, 2017]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 5/19]

Post by Marth8880 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Generalfacu"](not that EA battlefrontBATTLEFIELD)[/quote]
Okay, 1) EA's Battlefront is *extremely* different from the Battlefield franchise, so much so that it's to a fault IMO, and 2) Pandemic had always meant Battlefront to be an homage to Battlefield, according to the developer diaries.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

@Marth -- maybe so, but I feel like SWBF1/2 have a more distanced relationship to the Battlefield games of the time than the modern counterparts. That's all he's saying.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

You guys got featured on Star Wars HQ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF7WP7Mj92c
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Great to see our mod is popular.

I wonder whether they made own video material or took ours. The i noticed they cut the left side and sometimes gend came in. Pretty sure it was the ending of thelegend. So they took our video material :D
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

I wouldnt be surprized if SWHQ did take your footage. They like to make a lot of videos in a short amount of time and sometimes they feel a little bit click baity, so maybe they thought it would be faster to just use pre done footage than recording it themselves.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 5/31]

Post by thelegend »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:I wouldnt be surprized if SWHQ did take your footage. They like to make a lot of videos in a short amount of time and sometimes they feel a little bit click baity, so maybe they thought it would be faster to just use pre done footage than recording it themselves.
Hm well...Where else shall they get footage from this mod (video wise) if not taking it directly from my channel? Anyway I am glad more people like what we do.

And here's a larger Update showcasing a bunch of new characters mainly from the cancelled Story Campaign:
Hidden/Spoiler:
We have Rahm Kota, X2, Falon Gray, Ferroda and Darth Sidious. All with their weapons (blades so far) and force powers.
Some force powers have been changed and edited a bit. Some new ones have been added. For example a 360° Force Push or Lightning Cannon.

Darth Sidious uses two variants of Force Lightning: Simple (Default) and "Flash-Cannon". The second one is a powerful, energy-draining, cannon like force attack which grills enemies quickly and pushes far away. Similair to this scene from Episode III: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESOrF_ ... u.be&t=239

I still need to fix his arms. I use cloth instead of actual meshes to make him look better. Somehow the Envelope; Fixed Points stuff didn't work well. But so far I am happy with the result.

And here you can watch a gameplay video showcasing the new characters, their animations and sets, weapons and force powers as well as some additions to the map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnxeGuOKaDM
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I don't know if there is anything you can do about this, but some of your characters' upper arms look weirdly long. Particularly Lando and Zam's arms.

I love how the mod is coming along! Keep up the good work.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="MileHighGuy"]I don't know if there is anything you can do about this, but some of your characters' upper arms look weirdly long. Particularly Lando and Zam's arms.[/quote]
I noticed that too. I can see it on the clone troopers. I thought it was just me. Rahm Kota looks sick though! :thumbs:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Im sorry, I didnt see which mod was mentioned in the video. To be honest, I didnt think when I posted that, lol coudln't get any sleep when browsing gametoast late last night. Hopefully other youtubers like battlefrontupdates or battlefrontdjgamer will cover this mod as well as it is more thier fortey.

Anyway rahm kota is looking really great!
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

Those cockpits! Those Munificient frigates! That space/ground transition! Those C-9979 landing crafts! It is perfect :bowdown:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

I also just noticed the emperor is very similar to how he is in EA battlefront. It looks super creepy, which is a complement. Whoever is animating these is a really good talent.
clonetrooper163
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO

Post by clonetrooper163 »

No NO NO just No lol, X2 used a DC-15 Carbine not a pistol put the clonetrooper animation on him.

Also are you guys planning to fix most of these models cause their rigging looks really bad.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

clonetrooper163 wrote:No NO NO just No lol, X2 used a DC-15 Carbine not a pistol put the clonetrooper animation on him.

Also are you guys planning to fix most of these models cause their rigging looks really bad.
Their weapons are definitely not final, as they mentioned. I think every new character has a pistol while they test the models.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

thelegend wrote:[...]Hm well...Where else shall they get footage from this mod (video wise) if not taking it directly from my channel? Anyway I am glad more people like what we do.
[...]
They could pull the project and take their own pictures/videos ;)
Kingpin wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="MileHighGuy"]I don't know if there is anything you can do about this, but some of your characters' upper arms look weirdly long. Particularly Lando and Zam's arms.

I noticed that too. I can see it on the clone troopers. I thought it was just me. Rahm Kota looks sick though! :thumbs:[/quote]

Do you mean X2 or the clones?? if you mean the clones, what is wrong with them?? can you show a screenshot??
clonetrooper163 wrote:No NO NO just No lol, X2 used a DC-15 Carbine not a pistol put the clonetrooper animation on him.

Yes the weapons are not final. For example i want the sniper rifle to be like the puls cannon. But at the moment it ist still stock lua.
And you don't wanna see the pistol from the cis. I'm using the stock rep rifle as a dummy mesh for every weapon that has not been ported yet XD

What do you mean by their rigging??
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:Yes the weapons are not final. For example i want the sniper rifle to be like the puls cannon. But at the moment it ist still stock lua.
And you don't wanna see the pistol from the cis. I'm using the stock rep rifle as a dummy mesh for every weapon that has not been ported yet XD

What do you mean by their rigging??
Rigging is enveloping and weighting to a skeleton.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Anakin wrote:What do you mean by their rigging??
He probably meant "skinning", where you bind the mesh to the skeleton via envelope and weighting.
The skin weights may need to be further refined to avoid unnatural deformation during animation sequences.

http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e201213
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e210895
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

ok i see. But since there is only 100 or 0 possible for the weights i don't see a way to make it much better.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Anakin wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="MileHighGuy"]I don't know if there is anything you can do about this, but some of your characters' upper arms look weirdly long. Particularly Lando and Zam's arms.

I noticed that too. I can see it on the clone troopers. I thought it was just me. Rahm Kota looks sick though! :thumbs:
Do you mean X2 or the clones?? if you mean the clones, what is wrong with them?? can you show a screenshot??
[/quote]

Look at X2 ingame. His arms just seem....oversized. Its not noticeable on some units, like Rahm, but is on others, like Lando. It's not a huge deal, things still look good.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Kingpin wrote: Look at X2 ingame. His arms just seem....oversized. Its not noticeable on some units, like Rahm, but is on others, like Lando. It's not a huge deal, things still look good.
I have to agree.

You guys are doing an outstanding job, but some player models should be improved a little bit.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 6/2 - Poll]

Post by thelegend »

Everyone who likes this project, please let me know the following:

I have good and bad news. The good one is I added some more, working heroes. They look excilent in-game and work fine "at all".
And, unfortunately, there are bad news. What I am going to say does only affect Hero Assault Mode. As many of you know Battlefront two has its limits. Some are understandable and some are just...unbelievable. Unfortunately today I probably hit a limit: The Animation Bank Limit. So far no one ever managed to raise it to allow as many Soldier Animations as possible...And I am asking you. Please choose between the following two options or maybe give me/us your ways of bypassing this:

1. Hero Assault Mode will be downgraded. That means there are far less animations, combos and so on. There will be less heroes and villians, less weapons...Just everything less to keep things as low as possible. I personally do not like this option which gave me an idea for option 2:

2. Hero Assault will be divided into CW and GCW. Battlefront II and III and other Star Wars Games offer a great variety of heroes, villians and characters. We will cover many of them. So what do you think If we divide Hero Assault into two eras. CW heroes will fight each other in CW and the same goes for GCW.
If you think Option 2 is better, what I think too about, then I will be able to add more new animations, new combos and a lot of new stuff.

I know some of you may want to see duels like Vader vs Yoda, Kota vs Dooku or Boba vs Mace Windu...but If you want to do this then...as stated in option 1 you may need to expect less content than promised.

I hope you understand this decision but at least there is still a way to keep the content but not all at once then.