Battlefront III Legacy [? - Apr, 28th, 2017]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 7/30 - Supremacy Update]

Post by Kingpin »

I really like a lot of the new stuff. The grievous looks nice and the new combos will be fun. Let me know if you want to use some of my particle effects for force powers. If you could improve on one thing, I still feel that X1 and X2 especially have long, long arms. You can even see it in the preview image. Keep up the good work el_fabrico!
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I think they are not *that* very, very long. They seem to be. Probably because of my bad angle when shooting these pictures.
To be honest I don't think 5-7 centimeters or 2 to 3 inches are much of a difference.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Domino555
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Domino555 »

Finally. Now what will be the CIS counterpart of X1?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

X1 and X2 both good guys?? why not X1 vs X2??
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

I don't know all the parts of the story but X1 and X2 were clone troopers fighting together for the Republic against the CIS. During Order 66 X2 first refused to kill Master Ferroda but had to since he defended himself from attacking clones during the battle of Cato Neimodia.
If I remember right short after the Clone Wars they both had to kill Falon Grey on Dantooine but X2 betrayed the Empire and worked with Falon Grey together against the incoming Stormtroopers (Who still looked like 501st clone soldiers).
Falon Grey was killed by X1 and X1 also shot his brother once. Falon Grey used force heal to save X2's life and didn't leave Dantooine for 19 years I guess; until he met Rahm Kota to build up a rebellion against the empire. Both X1 and X2 became enemies during this time. I do not know much how the story continued but If I remember both X's were force sensitive (Because they were cloned by jedi too?) and in the end X2 became a jedi and X1 became a Sith Lord.
Basically during the Clone Wars they were "friends" and during the GCW era they are enemies.
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

thelegend wrote:I don't know all the parts of the story but X1 and X2 were clone troopers fighting together for the Republic against the CIS. During Order 66 X2 first refused to kill Master Ferroda but had to since he defended himself from attacking clones during the battle of Cato Neimodia.
If I remember right short after the Clone Wars they both had to kill Falon Grey on Dantooine but X2 betrayed the Empire and worked with Falon Grey together against the incoming Stormtroopers (Who still looked like 501st clone soldiers).
Falon Grey was killed by X1 and X1 also shot his brother once. Falon Grey used force heal to save X2's life and didn't leave Dantooine for 19 years I guess; until he met Rahm Kota to build up a rebellion against the empire. Both X1 and X2 became enemies during this time. I do not know much how the story continued but If I remember both X's were force sensitive (Because they were cloned by jedi too?) and in the end X2 became a jedi and X1 became a Sith Lord.
Basically during the Clone Wars they were "friends" and during the GCW era they are enemies.
So, in a way, the plot is similar to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. (Yeah, I know that movie is a sorespot for many of the X-Men fans, but seeing how we have Clone Wars content without anyone complaining, I might as well mention it.)

One of the brothers commit patricide, the brothers fight for democracy in many wars, the older brother gradually becomes corrupted by the conflict, while the younger brother continues to possess his idealism. Everything eventually goes to hell, and the brothers are separated, this time on separate sides.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Domino555 wrote:
thelegend wrote:I don't know all the parts of the story but X1 and X2 were clone troopers fighting together for the Republic against the CIS. During Order 66 X2 first refused to kill Master Ferroda but had to since he defended himself from attacking clones during the battle of Cato Neimodia.
So, in a way, the plot is similar to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. (Yeah, I know that movie is a sorespot for many of the X-Men fans, but seeing how we have Clone Wars content without anyone complaining, I might as well mention it.)

One of the brothers commit patricide, the brothers fight for democracy in many wars, the older brother gradually becomes corrupted by the conflict, while the younger brother continues to possess his idealism. Everything eventually goes to hell, and the brothers are separated, this time on separate sides.
:funny2: and then they wanna earn too much money and now you cannot get an wise context between the different films (they same happend to Star Wars, when Disney came). Let's gonna see if there is a bothan dying in Rogue One (EPIV: "Many Bothan spy lost their life to get these plans")
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote: (EPIV: "Many Bothan spy lost their life to get these plans")
Nope, that was what Mon Mothma said in Return of the Jedi, regarding the plans to the second Death Star.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

ggctuk wrote:
Nope, that was what Mon Mothma said in Return of the Jedi, regarding the plans to the second Death Star.
You are sure it wasn't Poe Dameron who said that regarding the plans for Starkiller Base?
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

thelegend wrote:
ggctuk wrote:
You are sure it wasn't Poe Dameron who said that regarding the plans for Starkiller Base?
I thought it was Qui-Gon Jinn regarding the Droid Control Ship :P
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

I'm done. That's just it.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Anakin wrote: :funny2: and then they wanna earn too much money and now you cannot get an wise context between the different films (they same happend to Star Wars, when Disney came). Let's gonna see if there is a bothan dying in Rogue One (EPIV: "Many Bothan spy lost their life to get these plans")
Off-topic: If I understand you correctly, you're saying the X-Men films are a coherent mess because Disney bought Marvel? Last time I checked, 20th Century Fox still has the film rights to the X-Men, and those movies are separate from the Disney-owned, critically-acclaimed Marvel Cinematic Universe.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

AQT wrote:
Anakin wrote: :funny2: and then they wanna earn too much money and now you cannot get an wise context between the different films (they same happend to Star Wars, when Disney came). Let's gonna see if there is a bothan dying in Rogue One (EPIV: "Many Bothan spy lost their life to get these plans")
Off-topic: If I understand you correctly, you're saying the X-Men films are a coherent mess because Disney bought Marvel? Last time I checked, 20th Century Fox still has the film rights to the X-Men, and those movies are separate from the Disney-owned, critically-acclaimed Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Correct. The only really good film this year from Fox's Marvel studio was Deadpool. Apocalypse was so-so.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Off-topic: Agreed. I thought Deadpool was good, and Apocalypse was very underwhelming.
Hidden/Spoiler:
At least it wasn't as bad at Batman v Superman.
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

Kingpin wrote:Off-topic: Agreed. I thought Deadpool was good, and Apocalypse was very underwhelming.
Hidden/Spoiler:
At least it wasn't as bad at Batman v Superman.
Dude! Not funny.

Btw, can we get back to the topic at hand?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

AQT wrote:
Nö, just wanted to say there was someone who wanted to get money and produced some films that did not fit to the canon.

So and now back to Topic :D
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

Thank you!

Btw, I wanna know what we were talking about earlier: was it X1 fighting with X2?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Anakin wrote:Nö, just wanted to say there was someone who wanted to get money and produced some films that did not fit to the canon.
Alright, but if you're going to complain about the new films not fitting the established canon of the original movies, at least be reasonable and get the story right yourself first:
Anakin wrote:Let's gonna see if there is a bothan dying in Rogue One (EPIV: "Many Bothan spy lost their life to get these plans")
thelegend wrote:@AQT: By the way:
Hidden/Spoiler:
When both weapons are finished I may let him wield them both but let him only use one for each Weapon slot.
Now that looks perfect! :shock:

Regarding space vehicles for the Clone Wars era mainly, since you guys are doing your own thing here, will you be keeping the class roles established by Pandemic (e.g. V-Wing as a bomber with space shotguns) or go with something more lore-friendly?
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

AQT wrote:Regarding space vehicles for the Clone Wars era mainly, since you guys are doing your own thing here, will you be keeping the class roles established by Pandemic (e.g. V-Wing as a bomber with space shotguns) or go with something more lore-friendly?
I always figured the ARC-170 was more suited to the bomber role given it's supposed to seat 3 (in the game it only seats 1).
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

I think they can do that. I mean, if Battlefront Extreme did it, surely Legacy can do it.