PSP Battlefronts maps conversions

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

PSP Battlefronts maps conversions

Post by iamastupid »

I am beginning to remake the maps from Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron in Battlefront II, including space to ground combat and ship interiors, so far my progress is a far from complete Tatioone map, and a Mustafar map I just started.
The Most likely outcome from me doing this is the maps will never be completed and this thread would join those abandoned.
At the moment I am only remaking Elite Squadron maps, but in the future I may remake the Free Radical Battlefront maps if more assets are leaked, and Renegade Squadron maps if TWINKEYRUNAWAY isn't already doing it.

Maps status:
TATIOONE: SPACEPORT
Yet to add Space to Ground sky domes
Yet to add Military Base
Nearly got correct hanger scale
Everything else is basically done.

Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Original Map (SWBFES):
New Map (SWBF 2):
MUSTAFAR: WRECKAGE
Basic Map layout (Ground and textures)
Yet to do anything else.
-Nothing to preview

If you have any advice or assets you wish share, leave them down below.
Any specific maps you'd like me convert, I will put them as a priority.
I am not the best at zeroeditor and modelling so if you'd like to help just ask and i'll probably welcome it. :thumbs:

I am going on holiday for the next 2 weeks, so don't expect many updates, I am currently finishing the ship interiors and hope to show you at the end of my short holiday. :thumbs:
Last edited by iamastupid on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: PSP Battlefronts maps conversions

Post by Teancum »

Per our work in progress rules you have a few days to prove that you're 50% or better with your maps. After that time we lock the topic (this is to keep too many "idea work in progress" topics).
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

This looks interesting. Are you converting from PSP to PC or are you doing it by scratch? Just do I don't get confused.

It's too bad this hasn't happened back in 2009, otherwise it could've been part of the conversion pack 2.x.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

I am doing this from scratch but people are trying to make the maps with the proper assets, mine are more of a remake, as much as I would've loved to have this in the convo pack it most likely wouldn't have happened as the map pack severely limits your custom map count.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

This looks really good so far.
skleidar
1st Warning
Games I'm Playing :: star wars battlefron

Post by skleidar »

[quote="iamastupid"] how many maps will you make and will you release some maps now for testing ? and will you add x1 and x2 clone trooper
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

The progress made so far has been quite impressive, however it looks like you have a long way to go before you are even half way done with it. I wish you good luck with these PSP Battlefront Map Ports, I definitely will try them out when they are released!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Try converting some of the SWBFIII objects. You may need to re-UV them, but those are pretty much what Elite Squadron uses. I have tried ripping the PSP maps but so far I haven't had much luck. Failing that, use PPSSPP with Ninja Ripper to rip meshes, or use jpcsp to rip them too.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

iamastupid wrote:I am doing this from scratch but people are trying to make the maps with the proper assets, mine are more of a remake, as much as I would've loved to have this in the convo pack it most likely wouldn't have happened as the map pack severely limits your custom map count.
Was hoping for a conversion (probably possible), but this still sounds interesting, and you can make it even better than the original map.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

skleidar wrote: how many maps will you make and will you release some maps now for testing ? and will you add x1 and x2 clone trooper
All but Cato Neimodia and Vjun probably, Once I have completed a map a might release it here, however I did plan to allow map tests in sets of three. I also do plan to have X1, X2, Rahm Kota, etc. In the maps aswell.
ggctuk wrote:Try converting some of the SWBFIII objects. You may need to re-UV them, but those are pretty much what Elite Squadron uses. I have tried ripping the PSP maps but so far I haven't had much luck. Failing that, use PPSSPP with Ninja Ripper to rip meshes, or use jpcsp to rip them too.
I will try but the most likely outcome would be the same as yours, I am trying to get by with what we already have for starters, as you can see, it's not exactly working either.
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:The progress made so far has been quite impressive, however it looks like you have a long way to go before you are even half way done with it. I wish you good luck with these PSP Battlefront Map Ports, I definitely will try them out when they are released!
Thanks, I agree these are less than halfway done, I am trying to make as much progress as possible in the next 2 weeks in order to actually have something worth showing.
skleidar
1st Warning

Post by skleidar »

[quote="iamastupid"] awesome ok two more thing is it possible you could make elite squadron singelplayer for bf2 and will you add falcon grey and master ferroda
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

skleidar wrote: awesome ok two more thing is it possible you could make elite squadron singelplayer for bf2 and will you add falcon grey and master ferroda
Yes, I am adding Falon Gray and Ferroda, however the campaign will come at a later date if at all, from what I've seen in custom campaigns you are limited on what you can do, if it's possible to add cutscenes and overlay voices then I might try.
skleidar
1st Warning

Post by skleidar »

[quote="iamastupid"] ok so you can play x1 and x2 as heroes and ferroda plus falcon grey when you have enough points to play as a hero ?. and will you add bf3 free radical models to the game ? like clones
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

iamastupid wrote:
skleidar wrote: awesome ok two more thing is it possible you could make elite squadron singelplayer for bf2 and will you add falcon grey and master ferroda
Yes, I am adding Falon Gray and Ferroda, however the campaign will come at a later date if at all, from what I've seen in custom campaigns you are limited on what you can do, if it's possible to add cutscenes and overlay voices then I might try.
There are no "real" limits in making a campaign. For example play one of AQT's campaign missions where he included custom Background Voices. Also check out other campaign missions since they are all unique to each other and some are completely different than Pandemic's missions.
It is also possible to add custom movies/cutscenses. But that's harder, things would need to be replaced and the biggest issue might still be the copyright stuff.
skleidar
1st Warning

Post by skleidar »

[quote="iamastupid"] btw could you use these for the mod http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31949
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

skleidar wrote:
iamastupid wrote: btw could you use these for the mod http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31949
I plan to
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I am not sure if you will be doing more map ports after these but if you do then would you consider doing some of Sereja's Star Wars Battlefront 1 maps?
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Looks nice so far! I used to play the PSP games all the time, so many memories. :)

Out of curiosity, are you planning on adding in destructible capital ships?
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I am not sure if you will be doing more map ports after these but if you do then would you consider doing some of Sereja's Star Wars Battlefront 1 maps?
I converted Sereja's Endor Village map a while ago but I'm hesitant to release it as I don't have permission from Sereja. But that's getting off-topic.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

DylanRocket wrote:I converted Sereja's Endor Village map a while ago but I'm hesitant to release it as I don't have permission from Sereja. But that's getting off-topic.
Off Topic: Maybe if you try contacting him on SWBFGamers.com and explain to him that their will be equal benefit if you are allowed to release it for Battlefront 2 he will say yes. I have seen how Sereja is in his comments and he is quite a nice guy. I am pretty sure he would let you but would appreciate it if you asked him first. You most likely did this already but in case you have not, maybe try it? After all you most likely put lots of work into the BF1 to BF2 port and now you want others to enjoy the map. Back on-topic: you made some good suggestions for this mod too Dylan, it would be nice to see!
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by iamastupid »

DylanRocket wrote:Looks nice so far! I used to play the PSP games all the time, so many memories. :)

Out of curiosity, are you planning on adding in destructible capital ships?.
Yes I do plan to, however with interiors and cps it's harder than usual.
MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I am not sure if you will be doing more map ports after these but if you do then would you consider doing some of Sereja's Star Wars Battlefront 1 maps?
Off-Topic:What is possible has been converted, all that's left is Nar Shaddaa which is unconvertable and Kohlma which I don't think is convertible.