Coruscant: Modern Warfare (Released)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Coruscant: Modern Warfare (Third Era Update 6/1/2015)

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

How long should that take? I really am looking forward to this.
Troha
Private Recruit

Post by Troha »

I am wondering, will we be seeing the Jedi Temple somewhere in this map? Looking forward to be playing this map, keep up the good work.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Can you please add stock era?
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Anakin wrote:Can you please add stock era?
Uh look back a few pages, he has Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Anakin wrote:Can you please add stock era?
Hmm..ok. There will be five eras. CW, GCW, Episode 7, Stock CW and Stock GCW. But Hero Assault will only read GCW.

Edit: I got all vehicles, units, weapons etc. working. I fixed almost all texture bugs I could have found and also added two more eras (Stock CW and GCW). Everything works fine without any problmes, crashes..I still just need to localize all the names and then I can release this map tomorrow.
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Coruscant: Modern Warfare (99% finished)

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Aw dang I was looking forward to this today D: It's okay though, I can wait :D
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

thelegend wrote:I still just need to localize all the names and then I can release this map tomorrow.
Have you taken the rest of our suggestions (specifically and especially those regarding textures) into consideration? Polish is very important. :yes:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

I can understand that you want to release it soon. But please take all time you need. Since it is an map addon you should focus on it. You needn't make 5 or more eras while doing an map. Of cause it would be nice to have many eras, but your first priority should be the map. It would be so bad if you disregard the map looking for haveing many eras and a fast release date.

My tip: concentrate on the main ting of your addon. If you are doing on era mod, concentrate on the sides. If you make an map, concentrate on the map and take stock era or an era support. Otherwise your map/era mod won't have an high replay factor.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Marth8880 wrote:
thelegend wrote:I still just need to localize all the names and then I can release this map tomorrow.
Have you taken the rest of our suggestions (specifically and especially those regarding textures) into consideration? Polish is very important. :yes:
I tried to follow as many suggestions as possible. At the moment I am very happy with the map. But of course I am going to look for more things to improve.
Anakin wrote:I can understand that you want to release it soon. But please take all time you need. Since it is an map addon you should focus on it. You needn't make 5 or more eras while doing an map. Of cause it would be nice to have many eras, but your first priority should be the map. It would be so bad if you disregard the map looking for haveing many eras and a fast release date.

My tip: concentrate on the main ting of your addon. If you are doing on era mod, concentrate on the sides. If you make an map, concentrate on the map and take stock era or an era support. Otherwise your map/era mod won't have an high replay factor.
If it is an era support that the two added eras only read the stock side .lvl's (Only stock. More stock than stock. Just files made and released in 2005) then it's an era support. But why are you so interested in stock sides. Didn't they become a bit boring after playing this game for years..? :|
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

No I don't think that the stock sides are boring. If cause I like custom eras with custom sides, but most maps that came with custom sides were just bad because the mapper didn't pay enough attention to the sides. They had some ideas they wanted to do and mostly the sides were quick colored and not balanced.
I don't want to say that your sides are bad, I don't know them jet, but I want prevent that I'll remove your map because I don't like the sides. To make a era mod is as complex as doing an map and most mapper see the sides as a little side part of their project.

I hope you don't miss understand me.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

No no..everything is fine. I can undertand what you mean so there are 2 additional eras almost only with stock sides. So it will be actually possible to have custom sides on this map by the player (e.g. skin changer mod, bf evolved and many more).

Edit:
Localize - Done
Sides - Done
Map - Done
Other Stuff - Done
All Eras - Done

I am happy with the end result. I now still need to test out more (e.g. is the side balance properly, are there still any weird bugs...etc.).

Edit2: Released: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php? ... 18#p516218