TRON: THE GRID

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: TRON: THE GRID

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

ForceMaster wrote:
Can OnEnterRegión function works in Multiplayer?
Yes it can. I've used that function on the server side as a mod, no downloads were needed on the client side. I used OnEnterRegion for all sorts of things, kill glitchers, teleport people to other places, kill/respawn an objects, etc.

And with a mod addon, every will have matching content anyway, so there's really nothing to worry about.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Tron The Grid
Games I'm Playing :: The best..SWBFII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by ForceMaster »

anthonybf2 wrote:Yes it can. I've used that function on the server side as a mod, no downloads were needed on the client side. I used OnEnterRegion for all sorts of things, kill glitchers, teleport people to other places, kill/respawn an objects, etc.

And with a mod addon, every will have matching content anyway, so there's really nothing to worry about.
Thanks my friend! :D

A little advance from the Lightcycle Arena:

https://vimeo.com/149355875

The next step is make the anim "useforce" more lenght, to get the player running and jumping then get in the Lightcycle, like Sam Flynn and C.L.U. in the movie.

EDIT:

https://vimeo.com/150075124

Ingame video from the disc arena tournament. There is now 16 Cp's, 8 per side, you can chose Programs (blue or green) or Guards (Sentry or Blackguard), once begins the level, you can spawn and the cps were you spawn was disabled for other spawns, so all humans (16) can spawn before the AI gets allow to spawn (timer of 10 secs). Then, all players get push to elevators and will placed in a cube to fight (ZE anims). The rest is the tournament, 8v8, when 8 players die (humans or bots) goes to 4v4...2v2 and final round 1v1.

When the players are in the elevators they are friends,1-1 1-2 2-1 2-2, then when the round 1 begins they are enemies, also 1-1 and 2-2.

EDIT 2:

Team Race added! Now the light cycle areana have two game modes: TDM and Team Race.

In TDM you can run freely in the 3 leves arena and fight against the enemy team like the movie scene. In Team Race both teams have 5 check points in the same place, when the game start every team have 30 sec to reach the first checkpoint, any unit from a team can reach it, once done it then follow with the others 4 checkpoints, if your team can not reach the next checkpoint under the 30 secs then lost the match. Every team needs complete 3 laps (15 checkpoints) to win.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Double posting for a needed explanation about this mod:

This is an unique map with 3 game modes in 2 eras ( c_con, g_con, c_ctf, g_ctf & g_eli)

Every game mode that you can choice is for a different place and game mode:

CW conquest: TDM in the lightcycle arena. You play freely with the lightcycle in a 3 levels arena against the enemy team, once you spawn every unit can drop instantly a bike to fight. Win the team with more points.

GCW conquest: Team Race Mode. You play here with the lightrunner in the outer track of the arena in a race for 5 laps with 5 checkpoints.

CW CTF: Flyer CTF (In progress). You play here in over the sea of the simulation, CLU's side base is the Rectifier and the Programs side is the Portal (In progress). Vehicles for this are the lightjet and the oneman jet.

GCW CTF: Conquest (In progress). You can play in the Tron City, a place with buildings and other props that can be conquest. Vehicles for this are the Tank, tanker and oneman jets.

GCW Assault: TDM in the Disc Wars Arena. A controled Tournament with 16 oponents (human or bots) in 4 rounds with only one winner.

So, in the game mode seleccion you can see the default conquest. CTF, and Assault game mode but the Script is different for every one.

Updated Pics:

Rectifier

Team Race mode
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

WOW! This looks spectacular. I love all that glow you put on this everywhere.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Excellent ForceMaster, this might go down in my books as the best Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mod of the year since you have put so much effort and time into this map. This will definitely be looked on as a masterpiece to me when this finally releases! It will take a lot of to get me unaddicted to this since when a really good mod/map comes out, I play it nonstop for long periods of time. Keep up the great work man, I look forward to this!
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Lets say Hi! to Codified Logic Unit!

C.L.U.

The hero for the sentries faction!

Image Image

Map update:

Portal
Hidden/Spoiler:

I'm working now in custom music, custom sounds, voiceovers and hero voices.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Everything looks absolutely fantastic. But you should try making the sky texture looks better though. Put this into your sky's .tga.option file:

Code: Select all

-maps 1 -compress -format a8r8g8b8 
This should make a huge difference to your sky texture.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

thelegend wrote:Everything looks absolutely fantastic. But you should try making the sky texture looks better though. Put this into your sky's .tga.option file:

Code: Select all

-maps 1 -compress -format a8r8g8b8 
This should make a huge difference to your sky texture.
Thanks my friend! :D

Some pics from the shell for this mod:

thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Nothing to add. Just fantastic. And more :)

Maybe I missed that but you know you can change the names of the modes, eras..etc?
I wonder why you keep the stock names there though.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Wow , I'm actually speechless.
I love Tron and I addicted to Battlefront and this looks PERFECT! Well done!

ForceMaster , you are my personal Hero.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

thelegend wrote:Nothing to add. Just fantastic. And more

Maybe I missed that but you know you can change the names of the modes, eras..etc?
I wonder why you keep the stock names there though.
Thanks!

About the names and eras,
I think I would leave the original so that the appearance of the interface can be used without affecting the experience of the player, so it is not confused.
DarthDio wrote:Wow , I'm actually speechless.
I love Tron and I addicted to Battlefront and this looks PERFECT! Well done!

ForceMaster , you are my personal Hero.
Thanks! :funny2:

And......(drumroll)..........................................................................................

TRON: THE GRID

First beta version 1.0

Download from Mediafire

Overview:

This beta version contents one world with 2 maps and 3 game modes in 2 eras.

Conquest: (CW) This map is a classic TDM with Lightcycle battle in the game arena,
(GCW) This map is a TDM + Team Race Mode with light runner in the game arena. Every team needs to complete 3 laps to win.

Assault: (GCW) This is the Tournament mode in the disc arena, something like FFA mode but in this you can not respawn once you dead.

Test it in multiplayer mode please. I Wait your coments. :wink:
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I have not fully tested the mod on single player yet but I've gone ahead and setup a PC dedicated server hosting the mod on my paid server host. The location is LA, the name of the server is The TRON Server, the join password is gtfm and the server is being hosted on the alternative multiplayer service Gameshare/GameMaster.

The main server options are player select teams, team damage off, 30 minute timers for all modes. AI are set to 8 on all modes but the mod may override this. The hero is also set for max points scored and unlock at 50 but this also may be overridden by the mod. The only 3 maps in rotation are the 2 conquests and assault. The 3 maps and modes are set at random. Server is using instant spawn modification. Server comes with all anti-crash exploit fixes created by the VA clan to prevent any annoying users who may gain access to the server.

This should be a good environment for MP testing, everyone is welcomed and encouraged to use it. Server will be up 24/7.

Now I did encounter a big error on the server manager. The server cannot host 1-Flag mode. Both 1-Flag modes will cause the server to crash when it tries to load with the FATAL mission.lvl error. How ever, the conquest and assault modes seem to run fine as of this time.

Later Force Master, I will create a little thing you can use to login and control the server and change options in the server to your liking. Check your PMs near the end of the day or tomorrow morning. Have fun and good luck! :wink:
booperdoo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Fallout power armor and era
Games I'm Playing :: Boop adventure

Post by booperdoo »

I really like the map but there is a bug for the clone wars conquest era.

[*]Image
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="anthonybf2"]I have not fully tested the mod on single player yet but I've gone ahead and setup a PC dedicated server hosting the mod on my paid server host. The location is LA, the name of the server is The TRON Server, the join password is gtfm and the server is being hosted on the alternative multiplayer service Gameshare/GameMaster.

The main server options are player select teams, team damage off, 30 minute timers for all modes. AI are set to 8 on all modes but the mod may override this. The hero is also set for max points scored and unlock at 50 but this also may be overridden by the mod. The only 3 maps in rotation are the 2 conquests and assault. The 3 maps and modes are set at random. Server is using instant spawn modification. Server comes with all anti-crash exploit fixes created by the VA clan to prevent any annoying users who may gain access to the server.

This should be a good environment for MP testing, everyone is welcomed and encouraged to use it. Server will be up 24/7.

Now I did encounter a big error on the server manager. The server cannot host 1-Flag mode. Both 1-Flag modes will cause the server to crash when it tries to load with the FATAL mission.lvl error. How ever, the conquest and assault modes seem to run fine as of this time.

Later Force Master, I will create a little thing you can use to login and control the server and change options in the server to your liking. Check your PMs near the end of the day or tomorrow morning. Have fun and good luck! :wink:[/quote]
Many thanksmy friend! That is very good!
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="booperdoo"]I really like the map but there is a bug for the clone wars conquest era.

[*]Image[/quote]
Yes, a very BIG bug, in SP you can exit of the vehicle but the player stay in the 9pose of the vehicle because that is a "remote" not normal vehicle.

Another thing with the MP, the LiftSpring and LiftDamp of the lightcycle and light runner values are weird, i've set it to minimun values to get static grounded vehicles with not bounces like BFII hovers. I have not idea why this happend.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I found a localization problem (I think that is what it is called) in the Galactic Civil War Conquest Era, the first unit on the Sentries team seems to have an improper name called: 0x1493A72 instead of the assigned name in the other eras. Seems to do this both on Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I found a localization problem (I think that is what it is called) in the Galactic Civil War Conquest Era, the first unit on the Sentries team seems to have an improper name called: 0x1493A72 instead of the assigned name in the other eras. Seems to do this both on Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
Thanks! i will fix it.

After some testing with the MP mode in the dedicated server, I have some problems and no good feelings about it. Lag is a BIG problem for vehicles, the ZE anims and scripted events may work only for SP mode. So, may be this map will be reoriented to single player mode.

I've worked in a few things to get more dynamism in this mod:

* Actually, in the trng_eli mode (assault) every character have one unique life, if they receive damage in a round but win it, then pass to the next round but with the same health level. The fix for it was add a reward to the "killer" on the OnCharacterDeath function that listen when an player dead. The killer of that character gets a new MaxHealth and CurHealth value for the next round, the samething for all rounds like this:

Round 1: health 100
Round 2: health 250
Round 3: health 500
Round 4: health 1000

That works very fine for humans players and AI. Tested 100%.

* The trnc_1flag and trng_1flag modes has not been included in the beta, due the BIG problem with the flyers and flags, (they can't capture it , however they have the right collision for it). The fix for it was a NEW game mode: MATCH 3 :D

In this mode, the map have 13 regions distributed for all places, when the game start, a scripted event triggers the activation of one region RANDOMLY, the first team unit (human or bot) that enters that region capture it, the enemy team can't capture after it, so the next region will be activate randomly again.

The first team in reach 3 regions before the enemy, reset all captured regions (own and enemy's) and gets 5 points (or more, testing it yet).

Every regions have 3 geometries, neutral, programs team and sentries team, when every team captures any region the propper geometry respawn.

ForceMaster
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by ForceMaster »

Yes, some big BUMP here, but a good reason for it:

https://vimeo.com/214943807

This time I have lots of improvements for this mod. So, I'm working on it again. :wink:
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

That's amazing for an update ForceMaster!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Absolutely incredible work, my dude!
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

I can't believe my eyes. You did really turn this shooter game into a race game. And it even works fine with all those details and...especially the start of the race :shock:
And it looks so amazing overall. The vehicles, buildings and units...just everything. Can't wait to play this mod. One tip from myself: Use YouTube instead of Vimeo. In my opinion YT has a lot of more features, is more known and helps the mod to spread over more people.