Battle of Umbara [Final Update]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Battle of Umbara

Post by thelegend »

Maveritchell wrote:I think you're on the right track with the lighting, but it could do with being a little more subtle, color-wise (and just looking at reference pictures of the episodes, Umbara was a little more purple/violet than it is blue). You could also do well drawing in the NearSceneRange a little and giving the map a more dense, foggy look.
I have added a few light omni spheres around the battlefield. The most are violet and the dir lighting is a little bit changed.
Marth8880 wrote:One tip from me: For the texture of that four-lane roadway(?) in the third screenshot, try putting -maps 1 in its tga.option file. That way it won't look so blurred from the player's perspective at a slight distance.
Thank you very much Marth. It works perfectly now with the streets.
GAB wrote:I think it looks really nice. And I love when someone uses light odfs like the ones in the second picture.

Suggestions of mine would be:
-Add some rocks to the landscape.
-Add some foliage.
-Change the color greenish rail in the felucia light pillars. I think blue, like in the light, or some red, could look cool.

I look forward to see how this map progresses. Judging by these first screenshots, it has a lot of potential.
I did change the odf light to red and I have to say it looks so much better than just only blue evreywhere.
I also did put more foliages (differnetly) to the non street parts.

The Airbase Tower now has an interoir room there I will add some remote turret chairs to comtrol turrets around the map on the ground.
And there are a few more changes, fixes...
Hidden/Spoiler:
After the map and the sides are finished I will begin with the sounds/ music files and a few other things.
If you have got any more suggestions or tips please let me know that and I'll try to add them.

Edit: Ah and before I forget there won`t be hangar shield for the cis supply ship. I gound a new trick to keep the players from the space away.
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by JazzMaster »

This looks great. I'm really stoked for this. Love the cis cargo ship, and its good that you've added some interiors to the airbase.

Here is one thing i'd suggest for your maps that i'm sure has been suggested before: adding Flyer Splines and more fighters. There are some really easy to follow tutorials on gametoast and in the documentation for adding splines and giving the fighters/splines certain properties. That would really add a whole lot to your map.
If you were to set up the flyer splines, make sure your pathfollower attributes section of your flyer's odfs looks something like this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote]// PathFollower Attributes
PathFollowerClass = "rep" ---- set this parameter depending on the value you set for the flyer spline you want it to follow ("rep" for republic, "cis" for cis, "all" for rebel alliance, "imp" for empire etc. you can make your own as well)
PathFollowerClass_CTF = "rep_flag" --- same as above
PathFollowerBranchPaths = "6"
PathFollowerBranchMaxAngle = "60"
PathFollowerMinBranchDist = "190.0"
PathFollowerBranchRange = "1500"
PathFollowerFlyerVsFlyer = "3" --- Makes this flyer react when damaged by deviating from the flyer path and attacking you
FreeFlyTime = "10.0" --- same as above to a certain extent, just makes the flyer stop following the path once hit by fire
SquadronFormation = "Line-Form" -- This line makes things really fun. If you've played my suun ra map, or the Aldura space campaign or the Starfighter parts of the Battle of Teth campaign, this line (coupled with a flyer spline for them to follow) is what makes the fighters teleport all around you when you're away from the main flyer splines. The effectiveness of this line depends on flyer spline placement from what i've learned. There are different values than "Line-Form" that you can try out, that one is just the one i found to work the best. Again, you can see this effect in any of the maps i mentioned above.[/quote]
And don't be too afraid of increasing the number of starfighters. I added around 40 each side on my Suun Ra map and others without any crashes, although you will have things happening like thrust effects not showing up or sounds not always working. You can make some of them self-piloted upon spawning if you don't want to deal with having to compensate AI for more flyers.

I hope this was easy to understand, but do as you wish. These are just some suggestions. :D

EDIT: Have you seen this?! An Umbaran Tank: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8261.0
Also, Umbaran Rifle http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8169.0
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

thelegend wrote:I did change the odf light to red and I have to say it looks so much better than just only blue evreywhere.
I actually originally meant changing the color of the texture of those greenish vertical glowy rail in the sides of the base of the light post, just so that they don't look like the stock ones.

But hey, those new red odfs look pretty cool. One thing I think you could do is make them pulse on/off. I personally think it adds some more dynamism to the map, but it is really up to you. Good work!
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

Do you know what would be cool? If you added JazzMaster's Z-95 for the Republic ;)
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: SWBF2 Sides Overhaul Mod

Post by Indytotof »

Did Rex will have a skirt ?

Or did he will have one ?

Krell looks really amazing (and it would be nice to add him as heroes of the CIS, if it not already the case), but need this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image (the black and white things on his down hands)
I can't wait to play this map.
Last edited by Indytotof on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Pong Krell will be there as an unlockable hero for the republic. But I also will add an addon mode there the clones have to defeat him..exactly like in the episodes.
tulak9002
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront II

Post by tulak9002 »

i'm liking what i am seeing!
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

Your last Umbara map was great too, but a little to dark.
This one looks very nice and I looking forward to play on it. If you need some testers.. :wink:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

I actually never really liked the Clone Wars, due to some of its inaccuracies, unrealistic events, and so on, but I did like these episodes, as it gave an interesting look at a corrupted Jedi, as well as some other cool points. Great job so far!
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

For the next 5 or 6 days I can't update my project with news or pictures because I am on a trip to Netherlands.
Also I can't work on this map for this period.
But after that time I wilk show 20 new images of all characters, new weapons and vehicles. So see all soon.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Generalfacu »

thelegend wrote:Pong Krell will be there as an unlockable hero for the republic. But I also will add an addon mode there the clones have to defeat him..exactly like in the episodes.
Awesome. Just awesome. Anything can't describe it better :thumbs:
EDIT: I repeat, all hands to your ba...no just kidding haha. I repeat that it would be cool if this map featured JazzMaster's Z-95 Headhunters for the Republic side.
AssaultGunboaters
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Awsome side mods
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by AssaultGunboaters »

I think this map will be great and by the screenshots it looks awesomely jaw dropping. :eek: There is one thing that I think is missing and would love for you to consider adding it. It is the thick blanket of fog seen in these pics.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Other than that it looks like an awesome map and cant wait to play it! :thumbs:
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Generalfacu »

AssaultGunboaters wrote:I think this map will be great and by the screenshots it looks awesomely jaw dropping. :eek: There is one thing that I think is missing and would love for you to consider adding it. It is the thick blanket of fog seen in these pics.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Other than that it looks like an awesome map and cant wait to play it! :thumbs:
I agree! Foggy floor and Umbaran Militia ;)
AssaultGunboaters
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Awsome side mods
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by AssaultGunboaters »

Yeah this map is already so amazing the fog just adds a whole new feel to the map and takes it to a whole new level. :thumbs:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Any possibility of a Krell vs Clones mode?
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

thelegend wrote:Pong Krell will be there as an unlockable hero for the republic. But I also will add an addon mode there the clones have to defeat him..exactly like in the episodes.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Big Update#1

Hey all,
i am back from my short trip and as I have promised when I'll come back I will show 20 images as an Update of my currently map project.
There are a few tiny changes..but after all of that I can begin to add the missing sounds, the other stuff...Anyway now there is a new vehicle and there are also new units, weapons, heroes....
As the most wishes they did want to see an Umbaran. Well...I did try working on one but..I did fail. After that I asked Deviss for a converted Military Soldier Model from the CWA game he sent him to me. I also got some more assets...However. I also want to show the Umbaran soldier (CWA game; big thanks to Deviss for that) with his umbaran gun (Credit to Sereja) and also the Umbaran Star fighter with the original animations, weapons..(Again: Big thanks to Sereja :D ).

And now the promised images of the new things and changes on this map:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I am going to add all the suggestions and tips I got in this map. If you still have got any more ideas, tips, suggestions, wishes...just let me know that here or also send me a PM.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

Looks nice! Can't wait to see the final product.
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion

Post by JazzMaster »

Looking amazing! The Umbaran soldiers look great. Can't wait to see what else you add!
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Generalfacu »

thelegend wrote:
Big Update#1

Hey all,
i am back from my short trip and as I have promised when I'll come back I will show 20 images as an Update of my currently map project.
There are a few tiny changes..but after all of that I can begin to add the missing sounds, the other stuff...Anyway now there is a new vehicle and there are also new units, weapons, heroes....
As the most wishes they did want to see an Umbaran. Well...I did try working on one but..I did fail. After that I asked Deviss for a converted Military Soldier Model from the CWA game he sent him to me. I also got some more assets...However. I also want to show the Umbaran soldier (CWA game; big thanks to Deviss for that) with his umbaran gun (Credit to Sereja) and also the Umbaran Star fighter with the original animations, weapons..(Again: Big thanks to Sereja :D ).

And now the promised images of the new things and changes on this map:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I am going to add all the suggestions and tips I got in this map. If you still have got any more ideas, tips, suggestions, wishes...just let me know that here or also send me a PM.
I can only describe what I feel curseing, so you can imagine how I feel when I look at the Umbaran Soldiers!!! Their weapons are so cool!! And the Umbaran Starfighter is awesome! I noticed the force-field cockpit is on the floor, like in the TV series, but when flying it is in the Starfighter! How does this work? You take off and the "bubble" flotes into the starfighter?