Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 6/25/15

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 5/1/15

Post by hunpeter12 »

Isaac1138 wrote:Looks really great! Will this map look like The Force Unleashed one? Will you include Starkiller?
Look at the pics: I don't think he's going for the looks seen in TFU2. The Empire hero is currently Darth Vader and the Alliance hero is Kota, so no Starkiller, sorry. (Though JazzMaster might surprise us :lol: )
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

hunpeter12 wrote:
Isaac1138 wrote:Looks really great! Will this map look like The Force Unleashed one? Will you include Starkiller?
Look at the pics: I don't think he's going for the looks seen in TFU2. The Empire hero is currently Darth Vader and the Alliance hero is Kota, so no Starkiller, sorry. (Though JazzMaster might surprise us :lol: )
It looks as if it was a pre-TFU2 Battle in Cato Neimoidida. That's why Kota is commanding the Rebel Forces. A blind, still skillful Jedi, that's why he is one of the "Baddas Jedi":
-Rahm Kota
-Dass Jennir
-Shak Tii
-Saba Sebatyne
-A'Sharad Hett
-Dass Jennir
-K'Kruhk (and his hat :P )
-And of course, Kyle "Empire's nightmare" Katarn
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by JazzMaster »

If anything it would take place after TFU2, but really it's just supposed to have a pre-Battle of Yavin feel. I'm not intending to fit it into a certain place in a timeline. A lot of the models and units are inspired by the concepts I liked from the TFU series (like the r-41 starchaser, rebel militia units and navy commandos) but I'm not a huge fan of the TFU story. And like I said earlier in this thread, if we had a model of a good force using, lightsaber wielding character from that time period like a grown up rebel Ahsoka, or Kanan Jarrus, I would be using that as the rebels' hero instead. Now that I think of it, the Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight model with a different head kitbashed (kota's head??) and a reskin would be a good start for a Kanan model.. Too bad I can never find time and motivation to learn how to envelope models in XSI :(

Anyways, I finished up the TIE Advanced. Mostly just adding stuff I forgot to add in the first place, like the laser cannons and the glowing ion engines. I also made the cockpit ball more accurately to scale with the rest of the model.
Hidden/Spoiler:
By the way, I tried hexing on the clone sniper cloth to Icemember's Neimoidian guard model but failed again. Would someone want to try it for me? I would be extremely grateful. The link to the model is on the top of this page: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=23642 He already gave me permission to add the cloth.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Looks awesome, JazzMaster!

Regarding the Neimoidian guard model, have you tried using THIS utility? I use it for all my msh-related hex-editing - it provides a nice visualization for how the file is structured and also saves you from having to encode/decode data and recalculate chunk sizes manually. If you still can't get it to work then I would be happy to do it for you, just let me know.
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

Wow thank you Jedimoose! what an amazing tool, it's a shame I never knew of it until today.

Here are the Neimoidian Soldier, Marksman, and Support trooper with kama :D
Hidden/Spoiler:
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Beautiful! Glad you got that working. :)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

This would be more epic if we got a whole bunch of people online when it releases. Also did you kitbash those weapon models yourself?
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

Can u give an estimate of when this will release?
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Isaac1138 wrote:Can u give an estimate of when this will release?
When its done. Maps and mods in general dont have a set time, its probaly best just to check back every now and agian.
DarthHideous
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: Its Mythology

Post by DarthHideous »

In the latest pictures uploaded on the main post, specifically the "Unlock-able Classes" section which contain the Imperial Navy Elite in the "Support Class", is that an Imperial Royal Guard in the background on the right? :shock:

SmokyCashew01
Recruit Womprat Killer
xbox live or psn: WildingSpark3

Post by SmokyCashew01 »

just commented to keep this post on top of the overall mod thread. sorry to be impatient but i also want to see an update. goodluck on the mod
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Still following this page and it looks really well for using many stock assets.
I have an idea about the hero requests; somewhere on Gametoast I recall some body made a hero randomization script. When a hero flees the next one is random.

Edit: Had it bookmarked http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php? ... ro#p504374 Not what I remember it was (I thought the hero was random after fleeing)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

I think the random hero script would complicate things but thats just my opinion though.

@SmokyCashew01 Dude, he will update us when he is good and ready. A map of this scale takes a lot of time and effort lol.
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 6/2/15

Post by JazzMaster »

Funny you mention random hero scripting anthony since I've been planning on adding that :) (not the type where you get a random hero when the one your using flees, but the one where its random each time you load the map)

So far i've only figured out the extra set of heroes for the CW era. Besides Ahsoka Tano and Grievous, You'll be able to play as Phase II Captain Rex for the Republic and tcw style Darth Maul for the CIS.
Thanks goes to Nedarb7 for the Darth Maul and ggctuk for his awesome Phase II Captain Rex, which he let me hex a bf2 style cape on.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm stoked to say I've added the Porax Starfighter to the CIS which I've always wanted for this mod. Thank you Corra_Ashu for releasing all those Free Radical BF3 models. I replaced the R41 Starchaser model I was using with the the Free Radical model. Actually, it looks exactly like the same r41 model used in the Battle Over Kamino cutscene in TFUII :o I added the meshtool's envmap to both fighter's cockpit windows which looks nice. The DP20 Frigate Corra released will also be featured.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ignore random correllian cruiser..
As you might have seen, I'm adding animated frigates that will be destructable and have auto-turrets. Maybe I will add turrets on the frigates that you can operate from a captial ship or base, a la Locutus's awesome Stargate: Battlefront Pegasus mod. So far I only have the Rebel alliance frigates up and running.

And here you can see some of my final (and favorite) changes I have made to the sides.
Hidden/Spoiler:
New Rebel Soldier. Love the way this looks. the old militia model that was used for that class is now being used for the Heavy rocketeer class instead. It looks much better with an rocket launcher and Disruptor rifle anyways.

TFU Imperial Heavy Trooper by GGctuk and Krome studios (TFU for Wii)
New Rebel Scout Skin :D
501st Jet Trooper (TCW style)!
After I finish up work on the random hero script and the animated frigates I think i'm done with this mod. It's been ten months in the making and i'm sick of working on it :P Plus its fun as hell, and I hope that takes away from some of the little bugs that come with doing oversized maps like this. But no, I do not have a timeframe and do not know when exactly I will release it, so be patient please.

Oh yeah, some questions i forgot to anwser:

Twinkeyrunaway:
did you kitbash those weapon models yourself?
Yes, from the DC15 rifle. I used the texture from cis and republic sniper rifles too.

DarthHideous:
is that an Imperial Royal Guard in the background on the right?
Yup! and there will be a melee-only unlockable unit for each team.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Very nice update. Your mod comes to an great final result. But i'd still prefere to see stock era and era mod support such as bfx instead of an custom stock era.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Great. It's nice to see that the new released SWBF3 Assets found a nice place to live. I also like the idea of that new feature (Remoteable turrets on animated frigates).
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Wow I love that new Captain Rex among many awesome things! So how do the random heroes work? You will get one of the two randomly every match?
FiWe
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by FiWe »

Great work, can't wait to play it.

Suun Ra was already a completely new feeling as a Fighter-Pilot and this Map looks even ten times better!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Sandtrooper956 wrote:Wow I love that new Captain Rex among many awesome things! So how do the random heroes work? You will get one of the two randomly every match?
Thanks, it's one of my first proper kitbashes :D I'm glad JazzMaster got the BF2 cape on there just fine, the model looks great in this map :D
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

You have achieved perfection!!! Hahaha Captain Rex, P-38 starfighters, Corellian DP20 frigates (I wet my pants when seeing them), ANIMATED FRIGATES!!!, badass-looking rebels, those cloud effects, those TFU units and R41 Starchasers!!! I can't wait for this. When it's released I will change the name of Battlefront II to "Cato Neimoidia by JazzMaster" :bowdown:
This IS Battlefront III :faint: