Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 6/25/15

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Re: Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 10/31/14

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I have got to say Jazz, you have been blowing my mind out of the water with these past few updates and maps! Now this is by far going to be in one of my videos once it is released and I walk through it so I know what to do and where to go! I can not wait for the final release of this map, awesome job as always man!
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

:eek: I can't belive my eyes! Those buildings and the streets look awesome! They are just perfect. And the classes are very nice. :thumbs:
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by JazzMaster »

Thank you so much guys, i really appreciate it.
[Padawan]Helkaan wrote:Man this is just. Freakin'. Huge. I though mixing up assets from so much different worlds wouldn't give anything, but you did it and it's wonderful.
On these pictures the map looks so... "full". There's no place that isn't filled with a building or a tree or other decoration; it gives a serious consistency to your map and it's super effective. It really looks like a great busy city. Hats off.
That is exactly the kind of impression i hoped to make. I was a little discouraged at the beginning of this project because, as you can see in the first post, the map didnt resemble anything like cato neimoidia other than the fact that it was on some crappy bridge suspended between some mountains. But now i cant wait to get this released! The great thing is that there is none of that terrible lag on the highest shadow settings when playing this map like there was in my suun ra map. Only major problem I am battling right now with this map is that it crashes randomly during the game only when playing as the CIS, or even when you play for or switch to the cis for a little bit and the switch back to republic. GCW era works fine. I think i screwed up somewhere in an odf file in my sides, but i havent been able to figure it out for a while.
Indytotof
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: SWBF2 Sides Overhaul Mod

Post by Indytotof »

I've a perfectly working BX Sword if you want.

You just have to PM me.

PS : I'm higly interrested by your Ahsoka Tano...
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

1. I don't like the BX Droid. I simply hate this unit. In my opinion it doesn't fit to SW (maybe because it's from TCW and i don't like the comic series)
2. maybe you can make the neimodian skin look more HD and detailed.
3. Some weapons look cheap
4. I love the looking of the city. specialy the ground texture. The city looks now more like an city than an flat floor with some buildings around.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Okay, first of all, the map itself looks incredible. It looks SO much better than it used to and it really conveys that Cato Neimoidia vibe. However, I'm going to really challenge you to put some more thought into the sides because the map itself looks phenomenal and the gameplay should not detract from that. The visuals are fine but the unit loadouts could use some re-thinking in my opinion. There seems to be way too much redundancy with the unit setups, many of the units have the same equipment, the heavy has all the soldier weapons PLUS serious Anti-Vehicle firepower. In my experience giving the Heavy Trooper a legitimate Anti-Infantry weapon leads to some serious imbalance between the two classes. Why would someone want to play as the soldier when they could get everything the soldier has and more with the Heavy? There’s also redundancy with giving both the pilot and the support class fusion cutters. Because you have a class specifically designed for Melee combat I would shy away from giving the officer/special units Melee weapons as well, seems kind of redundant, once again. All in all I’m really excited for this map, but I think you could make some really beneficial changes to the sides. Just my two credits however, feel free to disregard my unsolicited advice. ;)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Im very impressed with what you have shown us. The class set ups look brilliant and it looks like every unit has its own unique properties and purpose. The enviroment looks splended and I really cant wait to see how you handled the gameplay.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

JazzMaster wrote:Thank you so much guys, i really appreciate it.
[Padawan]Helkaan wrote:Man this is just. Freakin'. Huge. I though mixing up assets from so much different worlds wouldn't give anything, but you did it and it's wonderful.
On these pictures the map looks so... "full". There's no place that isn't filled with a building or a tree or other decoration; it gives a serious consistency to your map and it's super effective. It really looks like a great busy city. Hats off.
That is exactly the kind of impression i hoped to make. I was a little discouraged at the beginning of this project because, as you can see in the first post, the map didnt resemble anything like cato neimoidia other than the fact that it was on some crappy bridge suspended between some mountains. But now i cant wait to get this released! The great thing is that there is none of that terrible lag on the highest shadow settings when playing this map like there was in my suun ra map. Only major problem I am battling right now with this map is that it crashes randomly during the game only when playing as the CIS, or even when you play for or switch to the cis for a little bit and the switch back to republic. GCW era works fine. I think i screwed up somewhere in an odf file in my sides, but i havent been able to figure it out for a while.
how did you fix the shadow lag?

From the screenshots this map looks great. The environment fits together so well. The map is inspiring.
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

MileHighGuy wrote: how did you fix the shadow lag?

From the screenshots this map looks great. The environment fits together so well. The map is inspiring.
I dont think i "fixed" per say, but it probably has to do with the fact that my custom skyscrapers dont have shadow volume. could also be that there is no terrain in this map but its most likely do to the shadowvolume (or lack of).
Anakin wrote:1. I don't like the BX Droid. I simply hate this unit. In my opinion it doesn't fit to SW (maybe because it's from TCW and i don't like the comic series)
2. maybe you can make the neimodian skin look more HD and detailed.
3. Some weapons look cheap
4. I love the looking of the city. specialy the ground texture. The city looks now more like an city than an flat floor with some buildings around.

I agree with 2 and also 3 to an extent. I was thinking of possibly hexing a cape onto the neimoidian model, but im not sure yet.
But sorry about the BX droid, its pretty much my favorite battle droid by far :P
ARCTroopaNate wrote:Okay, first of all, the map itself looks incredible. It looks SO much better than it used to and it really conveys that Cato Neimoidia vibe. However, I'm going to really challenge you to put some more thought into the sides because the map itself looks phenomenal and the gameplay should not detract from that. The visuals are fine but the unit loadouts could use some re-thinking in my opinion. There seems to be way too much redundancy with the unit setups, many of the units have the same equipment, the heavy has all the soldier weapons PLUS serious Anti-Vehicle firepower. In my experience giving the Heavy Trooper a legitimate Anti-Infantry weapon leads to some serious imbalance between the two classes. Why would someone want to play as the soldier when they could get everything the soldier has and more with the Heavy? There’s also redundancy with giving both the pilot and the support class fusion cutters. Because you have a class specifically designed for Melee combat I would shy away from giving the officer/special units Melee weapons as well, seems kind of redundant, once again. All in all I’m really excited for this map, but I think you could make some really beneficial changes to the sides. Just my two credits however, feel free to disregard my unsolicited advice. ;)
I really like giving the heavy trooper class the standard blaster rifle for bigger maps like this one. The unit is slower and cant sprint for as long, also only can hold 1 health/ammo pack compared to the 3 that the standard soldier has. I feel like giving it a pistol instead would really reduce the effectiveness of the unit in this map. I may take away the fusion cutter from the support class though, i rarely find myself using it i like i intended to.
I still like the idea of giving those officers a melee weapon, but they would have to have different combo's and be less effective than the actual melee class.

Okay, so i dont have much of an update right now, but i've made some new additions and changes to the starfighter sides.

There will be two different z95s for the GCW era now, the classic z95 Headhunter and now the Advanced z95 headhunter. I finally got the textures right for these and the only thing left for them is animation. The classic will be a fast but a bit vulnerable, with the xwing single fire cannons, and have concussions as its heavy ordnance. The adavanced z95 will be more durable, and have deadly linked-fire cannons and proton torpedoes.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I added the Belbullab-22 fighter (grevious's fighter) for the CIS with a new skin. It wont be a bomber. it will be more on par with the advanced z95 specs.
Also changed the skin of the Republic's y-wing, and added an ARC-170 with a slightly enhanced skin. :D I might add an elite/squad leader y-wing with the old skin.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also added an ARC-170 to the Imperial side, with an imperial style skin :D
Hidden/Spoiler:
Bomber classes (republic and alliance y-wing, droid hyena bomber, and tie bomber) will have semi-automatic laser cannons as there primary weapons. (think the y-wing and tie bomber from Mav's Dark Times mod)
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

Imperial ARC-170!!! :faint: Awesomely awesome Z-95s!!!!! :runaway: They all look so good. I really can't wait to playthis map :thumbs:
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by hunpeter12 »

I think you could add shields to the starfighters. They worked well in Dark Times.

Edit: Oh, and make sure you have first person cockpits too.
Last edited by hunpeter12 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

I thought I had commented on this thread a couple weeks ago but apparently I didn't.... so here I am, late to the party.

This map looks really good. I'm very excited to see where this continues to go. The layout of your city, from what I can see, is absolutely incredible. I like the hologram billboards a lot - to me those are what turn this city from a ghost town into a busy metropolis. I like what I'm seeing in terms of sides too.

Looking forward to future updates with great interest. :)
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Well mates it has been awhile but I am back in action for the next month! College is no joke especially when you play football as well! But that means I am back to beta testing maps again!

Now to the actual map! This looks absolutely incredible, I personally love this style of maps. If you ever need beta testing before the final release let me know mate! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
tylerman29
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: LoL SWBFII

Post by tylerman29 »

Wow this is looking amazing! Loved Suun Ra and this looks to be even better!
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Cato Neimoidia: Invasion Update 1/17/15

Post by JazzMaster »

It's been a long time since I've posted an update and I have a lot to show you guys so here it goes.

The environment is pretty much done, I would say about 95% done just to be safe. I modeled some new buildings and re-textured a lot of the stock assets I am using so they would fit the vibe of the Cato Neimoidia. Below the bridge I added some transparent cloud grids that scroll in different directions to make the clouds look more realistic.
Also added some special props in the GCW era :wink:
Most of the starfighter classes are done, and you can see some of the new editions in these photos. (I think I'm finally happy with the rebel z95 :D )
Hidden/Spoiler:
Okay, Now for the Sides. I've made some big changes to the sides since the last update including new classes, weapons, textures, models, pretty much everything.

Lets start with classes..

Soldier Class
This class uses a blaster rifle with a very rapid fire rate, but lacks in accuracy and damage.

Clone Trooper
- DC-15 Blaster Carbine
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
B1 Battle Droid
- E-5 Blaster Carbine
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebel Soldier
- A-280 Blaster Rifle
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Imperial Navy Commando
- E-11 blaster Rifle
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Pilot Class

Clone Pilot
-DC-14 Shotgun
-fusion Cutter
-Time Bombs
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Droid Technician
-ACP Array gun
-fusion Cutter
-Time Bombs
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebel Pilot
-CR-1 Blast Cannon
-fusion Cutter
-Time Bombs
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot
-DP-23 Shotgun
-fusion Cutter
-Time Bombs
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Heavy Weaponry Class
Instead of a pistol as its secondary weapon, this class sports a semi-automatic blaster rifle with charge feature -- Slow rate of fire, but very accurate and deadly. Charge for a one hit kill

Clone ARF Trooper
-DC-15s Semi-Automatic Blaster Rifle
-Rocket Launcher
-Land Mines
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Heavy Battle Droid
-Radiation Launcher
-Rocket Launcher
-Land Mines
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebel Heavy Gunner
-DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle (I want to change this to the Disruptor Rifle seen in both the TV show "Star Wars: Rebels" and the defunct MMO "Star Wars: Galaxies")
-Rocket Launcher
-Land Mines
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Imperial Shocktrooper
-RT-97c Blaster Rifle
-Rocket Launcher
-Land Mines
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Marksman Class
Hidden/Spoiler:
[hide]Clone Marksman
-DC-7 Sniper Rifle
-DC-17m Blaster Pistol
-Dispensable Auto-Turret
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Droid Assassin
-E-5 Sniper Rifle
-DT-57 Blaster Pistol
-Dispensable Auto-Turret
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebel Scout
-DLT-20 Sniper Rifle
-DH-17 Blaster Pistol
-Dispensable Auto-Turret
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Imperial Marksman
-DLT-20 Sniper Rifle
-Hold-out Pistol
-Dispensable Auto-Turret
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Unlock-able Classes

Elite Soldier Class

-This classes' blaster rifle has a slower rate of fire than the carbine, but is more accurate/deadly.

Clone Rifleman
-DC-15a Automatic Blaster Rifle
-Thermal Detonators (needs to change)
-Health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Neimoidian Guard
-Neimoidian blaster Rifle
-Health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebel Assault Trooper
-A295 blaster Rifle
-Health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Imperial Marine
-DLT-19 Heavy blaster Rifle
-Health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Support Class
This class sports a deadly Semi-automatic burst fire weapon --- Very fast fire rate with charge effect.

Clone Paratrooper
- E-1 Heavy blaster Carbine
-Fusion Cutter
-Detpacks
-health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Neimoidian Support Trooper
- Neimoidian Blaster Rifle (Semi-auto Mode)
-Fusion Cutter
-Detpacks
-health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebel Support Commando
- RI-21 Blaster Rifle
-Fusion Cutter
-Detpacks
-health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Imperial Navy Elite
- FA-3 Flechette Launcher
-Fusion Cutter
-Detpacks
-health & ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Commander Class

Clone Airborne Trooper
-Westar M5 Automatic Blaster Rifle
-Mortar Launcher Attachment
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
BX Commando Droid
-E-6 Repeater
-Bulldog Artillery Launcher Attachment
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rebel Commander
-Modified DLT-20 Automatic Blaster Rifle
-Mortar Launcher Attachment
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
Imperial Jumptrooper
-T-21 Repeater
-Remote rocket
-Thermal Detonators
-Health & Ammo
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Melee class hasn't changed since my last update in this thread, but I've added the Clone Assassin as the Republic's Melee Unit.
Hidden/Spoiler:

If all things go as planned, There should be closed beta testing for this map by next month :D
Last edited by JazzMaster on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Looks really great JazzMaster! The atmosphere is really coming together. How similar is the Elite Rifleman class to the regular soldier? That would be my only concern (redundant classes tend to be a turn-off for a lot of people AFAIK). Do they have more health and/or speed as well? Maybe consider adding some other weapons that are distinct from the soldier class? Looking forward to testing!
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

Amazing!!! i cant wait for release, Great update!! its will be space to ground map?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Spectacular work on the environment and units! :shock: The city has an almost "futuristic Japan" vibe to it. Keep it up!
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by JazzMaster »

Thanks guys!! The Elite soldier class(along with the support units and commander units), has more health than the regular soldier class. Their weapons' rate of fire, recoil effect and damage rates differ a lot as well. I don't know what should replace the thermal detonators, but it should be unique to its team in some way.
Deviss wrote:its will be space to ground map?
No, more like sky to ground :)
AQT wrote: The city has an almost "futuristic Japan" vibe to it. Keep it up!
The bridge cities seen in Cato Neimoidia in TCW tv show heavily gives off that vibe, which is where I took inspiration for them. Thanks :D
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Support classes absolutly float my boat! I really like the face texture for the rebel officer.